• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Personally haven't seen that one myself, so I'll have to look into it later on when I binge the anyme... but the hope alone gives me a joy you couldn't imagine... almost as they joy I'll feel when I remember what was my original account XD

He's talking about this from one of the early SM episodes:

DCTiyLHVoAA9p6U.jpg

It's May's hair and the bow from her Lucario movie dress.

Oh hey wubbzy. there's not many new stories (and I also don't check as much anymore...). I haven't found any really good ones, though there was the continuation of May's Crush 2 that gave a pretty good ending. Not sure if you saw it on the Advancers Forum (I have the same name on the forum lol).

Hey guys I absolutely love advanceshipping and y'all wouldn't believe me but I read all 375 pages of this forum.

Edit : although it doesn't look like anyone is active here nowadays, sadly.

Last edited:
What are the go to Advanceshipping episodes/moments?
While I like other ships better, my favorite moments for advanceshipping is the beginning episodes (episode 1 to mr. briney episode), and May’s cameo episode where they pull out the ribbon is really good too. The luvdisc scene in the Manaphy movie is really cute, as well.
Wtheck is advanceshipping and why does it need an almost 400 page thread to discuss it?? Ok granted it's been pretty much dead for a few years now but still
It’s the shipping between Ash and May, & there’s nothing wrong with a bunch of people enjoying it to make ~ 400 pages of post about it.

It’s the shipping between Ash and May, & there’s nothing wrong with a bunch of people enjoying it to make ~ 400 pages of post about it.
Why's it called advanceshipping then? I'm even more impressed that there's such a large thread for just one ship, I thought advanceshipping was a genre of ships.

Why's it called advanceshipping then? I'm even more impressed that there's such a large thread for just one ship, I thought advanceshipping was a genre of ships.
I think it’s because they were main characters of the Advanced series, & that’s how Advanceshipping came to be the ship name.

I think it’s because they were main characters of the Advanced series, & that’s how Advanceshipping came to be the ship name.

Yes, Advanceshipping name comes from that generation of anime -> Pokémon: Advanced.

However, I am really surprised to learn that there is a 375+ page thread about such a ship, especially since the anime has always encouraged a romantic relationship between May/Drew rather than May/Ash.

I believe this just show how much a beloved character May was about a decade ago, whereas today, at least in the anime, she is in danger of being ostracized.

Last edited:
While I like other ships better, my favorite moments for advanceshipping is the beginning episodes (episode 1 to mr. briney episode), and May’s cameo episode where they pull out the ribbon is really good too. The luvdisc scene in the Manaphy movie is really cute, as well.
Ah for sure I remember them interacting in those beginning episodes. And yeah the ribbon stuff was cute.
And the manaphy movie had quite a few moments

I was just curious as I know other shipping can name even the minuscule moments for their ship so I was curious if advances shipping have them as it was my favorite when I was younger

However, I am really surprised to learn that there is a 375+ page thread about such a ship, especially since the anime has always encouraged a romantic relationship between May/Drew rather than May/Ash.
Well it is over 10 years old (first post-2010)

I think like most it comes down to interpretation of stuff as I know people saw the Drew roses stuff not as romantic

Yes, Advanceshipping name comes from that generation of anime -> Pokémon: Advanced.

I believe this just show how much a beloved character May was about a decade ago, whereas today, at least in the anime, she is in danger of being ostracized.
Why do people ship anything? People liked the dynamic and interactions between Ash and May, and liked the idea of them entering into a romantic relationship together.

You have much to learn. May was and is a much loved character in the anime. It's called AdvanceShipping because it was first revealed in the Hoenn saga - Pokemon Advanced. By the way, love the profile pic there, Cherrywolf. I was a Jeff Gordon fan myself in my childhood but nothing but love and respect for The Intimidator.

You have much to learn. May was and is a much loved character in the anime. It's called AdvanceShipping because it was first revealed in the Hoenn saga - Pokemon Advanced. By the way, love the profile pic there, Cherrywolf. I was a Jeff Gordon fan myself in my childhood but nothing but love and respect for The Intimidator.
Yeah I haven't seen any of the anime outside of the first two seasons, I should really pick it back up. And thanks, but you might wanna double check my name, it's not cherry wolf

Yeah I haven't seen any of the anime outside of the first two seasons, I should really pick it back up. And thanks, but you might wanna double check my name, it's not cherry wolf
Sorry about that, it was 2 AM and I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyway, let's get this thread back up and running.

How do you think Ash would react to May showing up in Galar?

Sorry about that, it was 2 AM and I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyway, let's get this thread back up and running.

How do you think Ash would react to May showing up in Galar?
I feel May is the type to call him before she shows up like how she did in Sinnoh so I can just see Ash being happy she called and catch up along the way

But if she does just pop up without warning I can see Ash having a mix of his reaction to seeing Misty and Brock in SM and Dawn in JN

Back
Top Bottom