• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

No, honestly, what the heck happened to the old regular posters? I mean, Rocker, Rush Austin, Princess (? Maybe), Eddie, DracoMan, Stranger, Shadow The Umbreon , Battlefreak, Sp1derp1g, Trinity etc.- The good old regular posters...They hardly post any more, if they do, very little. It's gotten me slightly depressed.

*throws rescue rope* don’t worry DD, we haven’t disappeared yet ^^ * pulls you out of depression* I promise I’ll never leave this thread – and I also aim to post more often :sweatlol: I’ve just been super busy…when summer vacation comes along I’ll be able to post a lot more often. So, until then, let us all stay strong! ADVANCESHIPPING FOREVER!

And….on the note of devotion to this ship…I’ve devised a new sort of “banner”. I call it the…Scenic Banner. Basically, it tells a short little story in a small panel of pictures that form a banner. It’s still a work in progress though ^^” I had to make the dimensions 600x150 rather than the usual 450x150 o_o this is like the longest banner I’ve made…which kinda worries me since it might not fit entirely on the page…

Ah well, i’ll give it a go :]

Presenting a scenic banner…

Advanceshipping-47.gif

And here is the short little “clip” of a fanfic that comes with it…

“Ash!”

May’s voice tore through the dark clearing, shattering the frighteningly empty space in a shimmer of ghostly echoes. No answer. The brown haired coordinator stopped to catch her breath before running toward the shaded trees on the other side of the field.

“May?! No, don’t come closer! It’s not safe here!”

That voice only caused May’s legs to move faster. She streaked toward the sound, pushing branches impatiently out of the way as they scratched past her skin.

“Ash? Where are you?!” she called again into the oppressing silence. Ash’s voice had died in the wind as fast as it had echoed through it.

“No! May please! I don’t want you to get hurt! Let me handle-”

Ash’s words choked off as he gave a sudden cry of pain. May gasped and ran faster toward his voice, hurtling into the final fringe of ferns and collapsing into the empty space. She quickly stood up, her bare hands clenched into tight fists in a vain attempt at protection.

Ash was sprawled on the ground, surrounded by a group of Honchkrow, their eyes wide with malicious pleasure. May’s breath caught in her throat. Ash was far too still.

“Ash!” she cried out again, running forward without even thinking of the consequences. The group of Honchkrow squawked, all rising into the air in a dangerous, black cloud.

At the sound of May’s lilting voice, Ash suddenly stirred. His leapt to his feet, a little unsteadily. His fists were bared, his gloves torn.

All at once, sirens started wailing, tearing through the silence with painful sharpness. The Honchkrow screeched before flying away, dispersing into the air. There were voices, and the barks of Houndoom and Mightyena soon joined the wailing sirens.

May quickly rushed to Ash’s side, taking one of his hands and trying to pull him away from danger. “Team Rocket knows; their security just went off! They’re going to round us up and capture us…we need to get out of here and fast! We don’t even have our pokemon with us – and there’s too many to fight off! Come on!”

Ash’s brown eyes narrowed and he looked around quickly. No one had found them yet, but it wouldn’t be too long before someone did. Ash glared toward the dark trees, taking a half step forward, shielding May with his body.

“May, I want you to run. I’ll distract them so you can get to safety. Go!” He reached into his pocket and took out a few hard stones, tensed as he waited for the oncoming group of Team Rocket grunts.

May’s eyes widened. “No! I’m not leaving without you!”

Ash turned swiftly and held her by the shoulders, staring straight into her fearful blue eyes. “We’re the only ones with that Obsidian Stone! You have to get it back to Aerila City before Team Rocket finds out we took it! You saw their plans – they can destroy the entire region if they get a hold of that stone! I can hold them off– it will cause a big enough distraction so that you can get away without anyone seeing!”

May’s heart thudded painfully in her chest, from fear or shock she couldn’t be sure. “But,”

Ash’s gaze darkened with intensity. “We can’t get risk getting caught; Team Rocket would finish us if they did. I don’t care if I’m in danger; it’s you that I can’t have them capture. I can’t bear to lose you May. You have to go without me!”

May’s eyes shone with a film of tears. “Ash…”

“Go!” His voice had gone down to a whisper. The sirens cried as loud as ever, and the voices of the Team Rocket grunts were starting to get louder.

May turned, still torn between staying or leaving. Suddenly, the sharp sound of rushing wind came from behind them, and May reacted without even knowing what was happening.

“Get down!” she screeched, pushing Ash down to the ground with her. A dark beam of energy shot past them only seconds later, right where their heads had been.

Ash exhaled in shock, his eyes narrowing toward the direction the beam had come from.

“Thanks May, you really saved me there,” he whispered, his eyes still slightly wide.

May began to get up. “No problem; now are you sure you want me to leav-?”

“Watch out!”

Only seconds later, May was tumbling into the mud, Ash right on top of her, and the sound of a crash rang in their ears. A Dark Pulse attack had caused a tree to come crashing down, just inches where May had been two seconds ago.

“You…saved me…”

The words tumbled out, but her mind was somewhere else. Ash was right on top of her, his eyes wide and shocked, yet there was something else there…a desperation, a fear…

He suddenly surprised her by doing something completely unexpected.

He kissed her.

Hehehe….i’ve been a little overdramatic lately :sweatlol:

I do apologize Dd, most days these days (redundant sentence is redundant) I am super, super busy. I JUST finished a project that's been eating me up the past week, so I'll make a good long post tomorrow night. :3

I never posted much. I lurk in the shadows.

You still posted ;^;

--

New topic anyone?

If AdvanceShipping was a food, what favour would it be/What food will it be?

EDIT: I'M SORRY HAPPY YOU TWO HAVEN'T DISAPPEARED ;^; *glomps Rocker and Princess*

^No need to retire from the ADV banner-making business, you're banners are awesome.
\Actually, I want your Ursula banner 'cause it's looks so pretty\

Awww~, thank you!
and you can request one if you'd like*shot for advertising*

Hey, you're come back! I think just me, pokefan and Dd that still in this thread

*cough*

-----

Chocolate. Why? Everybody loves it.

-----

Anyways, I made another crappy(norly it's crap) ADV edit!

289eom.png
Cause everybody loves bubbles! 8B *shot*

And here is a picture:

2wp111i.jpg

Last edited:
*throws rescue rope* don’t worry DD, we haven’t disappeared yet ^^ * pulls you out of depression* I promise I’ll never leave this thread – and I also aim to post more often :sweatlol: I’ve just been super busy…when summer vacation comes along I’ll be able to post a lot more often. So, until then, let us all stay strong! ADVANCESHIPPING FOREVER!

And….on the note of devotion to this ship…I’ve devised a new sort of “banner”. I call it the…Scenic Banner. Basically, it tells a short little story in a small panel of pictures that form a banner. It’s still a work in progress though ^^” I had to make the dimensions 600x150 rather than the usual 450x150 o_o this is like the longest banner I’ve made…which kinda worries me since it might not fit entirely on the page…

Ah well, i’ll give it a go :]

Presenting a scenic banner…

Advanceshipping-47.gif

And here is the short little “clip” of a fanfic that comes with it…

“Ash!”

May’s voice tore through the dark clearing, shattering the frighteningly empty space in a shimmer of ghostly echoes. No answer. The brown haired coordinator stopped to catch her breath before running toward the shaded trees on the other side of the field.

“May?! No, don’t come closer! It’s not safe here!”

That voice only caused May’s legs to move faster. She streaked toward the sound, pushing branches impatiently out of the way as they scratched past her skin.

“Ash? Where are you?!” she called again into the oppressing silence. Ash’s voice had died in the wind as fast as it had echoed through it.

“No! May please! I don’t want you to get hurt! Let me handle-”

Ash’s words choked off as he gave a sudden cry of pain. May gasped and ran faster toward his voice, hurtling into the final fringe of ferns and collapsing into the empty space. She quickly stood up, her bare hands clenched into tight fists in a vain attempt at protection.

Ash was sprawled on the ground, surrounded by a group of Honchkrow, their eyes wide with malicious pleasure. May’s breath caught in her throat. Ash was far too still.

“Ash!” she cried out again, running forward without even thinking of the consequences. The group of Honchkrow squawked, all rising into the air in a dangerous, black cloud.

At the sound of May’s lilting voice, Ash suddenly stirred. His leapt to his feet, a little unsteadily. His fists were bared, his gloves torn.

All at once, sirens started wailing, tearing through the silence with painful sharpness. The Honchkrow screeched before flying away, dispersing into the air. There were voices, and the barks of Houndoom and Mightyena soon joined the wailing sirens.

May quickly rushed to Ash’s side, taking one of his hands and trying to pull him away from danger. “Team Rocket knows; their security just went off! They’re going to round us up and capture us…we need to get out of here and fast! We don’t even have our pokemon with us – and there’s too many to fight off! Come on!”

Ash’s brown eyes narrowed and he looked around quickly. No one had found them yet, but it wouldn’t be too long before someone did. Ash glared toward the dark trees, taking a half step forward, shielding May with his body.

“May, I want you to run. I’ll distract them so you can get to safety. Go!” He reached into his pocket and took out a few hard stones, tensed as he waited for the oncoming group of Team Rocket grunts.

May’s eyes widened. “No! I’m not leaving without you!”

Ash turned swiftly and held her by the shoulders, staring straight into her fearful blue eyes. “We’re the only ones with that Obsidian Stone! You have to get it back to Aerila City before Team Rocket finds out we took it! You saw their plans – they can destroy the entire region if they get a hold of that stone! I can hold them off– it will cause a big enough distraction so that you can get away without anyone seeing!”

May’s heart thudded painfully in her chest, from fear or shock she couldn’t be sure. “But,”

Ash’s gaze darkened with intensity. “We can’t get risk getting caught; Team Rocket would finish us if they did. I don’t care if I’m in danger; it’s you that I can’t have them capture. I can’t bear to lose you May. You have to go without me!”

May’s eyes shone with a film of tears. “Ash…”

“Go!” His voice had gone down to a whisper. The sirens cried as loud as ever, and the voices of the Team Rocket grunts were starting to get louder.

May turned, still torn between staying or leaving. Suddenly, the sharp sound of rushing wind came from behind them, and May reacted without even knowing what was happening.

“Get down!” she screeched, pushing Ash down to the ground with her. A dark beam of energy shot past them only seconds later, right where their heads had been.

Ash exhaled in shock, his eyes narrowing toward the direction the beam had come from.

“Thanks May, you really saved me there,” he whispered, his eyes still slightly wide.

May began to get up. “No problem; now are you sure you want me to leav-?”

“Watch out!”

Only seconds later, May was tumbling into the mud, Ash right on top of her, and the sound of a crash rang in their ears. A Dark Pulse attack had caused a tree to come crashing down, just inches where May had been two seconds ago.

“You…saved me…”

The words tumbled out, but her mind was somewhere else. Ash was right on top of her, his eyes wide and shocked, yet there was something else there…a desperation, a fear…

He suddenly surprised her by doing something completely unexpected.

He kissed her.

Hehehe….i’ve been a little overdramatic lately :sweatlol:

I want to read more of that fic, can't believe we both use the same trick in my fic, do a kiss and then make the readers pull out hair from their head dying to know what will happen next.

I'm feeling like my reviews. ahh. well that's what happens when you come onto here after writing a 11 page chapter. w00 new record.

So how long have i been away? anybody miss meh? xD

Hi guys! I'm back with bring a lot of picture!

here the screenshot I got. I think it's cute:
Episode288rmvb_000220720.jpg

Happpy Family Mode : On

Episode301rmvb_000331497.jpg

Episode323rmvb_000590072.jpg

Episode334rmvb_000839606.jpg

even in a dangerous time, they still look each other's eye....

Episode377rmvb_000985885.jpg

Pikachu looks like very happy being hugged by May

PokemonMovie6-JirachiWishMakerav-1.jpg

it looks like a date

snapshot20091129160849.jpg

snapshot20091129160822.jpg

from movie 9... ash really worried about may who follow manaphy to safe the temple, so he follow may too

and some fanart i have done!
Untitled-3copy.jpg

bad coloring, I know -_-

animasi5c.jpg

But i like this picture!
Hope you like it! please add a comment ya!

Last edited:
No, honestly, what the heck happened to the old regular posters? I mean, Rocker, Rush Austin, Princess (? Maybe), Eddie, DracoMan, Stranger, Shadow The Umbreon , Battlefreak, Sp1derp1g, Trinity etc.- The good old regular posters...They hardly post any more, if they do, very little. It's gotten me slightly depressed.

*sighs*

I'm still here.

By the way, since the old thread got shut down, I thought I'd re-post the songs I wrote.

I can't remember why I wrote the first one, but here it is.
You are…her fire, her one…desire
Believe…when we say: that you should kiss May.
You’ve been…her teacher, the one…to reach her
All from…that one day: when you first met May.

Tell me why (Why won’t you get your game on?)
Tell me why (Why seem to lead us all on?)
(Tell me why) I never want to hear you say
That you don’t love May

Is she…your true love? The one…you set above
All else?...In this way: show that you love May.

Tell me why (Why won’t you tell her the truth?)
Tell me why (Why her feelings you won’t soothe)
(Tell me why) I’m still waiting for the day
That you embrace May

Some people think that she’s no good for you
That you should be with Dawn, or Misty
They may be good girls, but they’re just not your type
And soon everyone will see…

That she’s…your princess; don’t set…tle for less
You are (You are…you are...you are…)…
Her one Prince Charming!

Ain’t nothing that can stop you
Ain’t nothing that is more true
I never want to hear you say
That…you don’t love May

Tell me why (Why all this aggravation?)
Tell me why (Why this procrastination?)
(Tell me why) Just go on over and say
That you adore May

Tell me why (We can’t go on this patient)
Tell me why (Your love is beyond nascent)
(Tell me why) It’s time for you to just say
That you’ll always love May
And then you can kiss May

I wrote the second one for Princess of Hoenn's birthday.
Well, you can tell by her special birthday bash
She’s a shipping fan, for May and Ash
She always has, since she came in
Saying otherwise would be a sin
Of course it’s all right, it’s okay
To show the love for Ash and May
Because it soars above the rest
Our princess knows that it’s the best

All the way from Hoenn, no matter where it’s goin’
She’ll be stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive
Other hearts are breakin’, but her faith’s never shaken
Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive
Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin’ aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Well, ever since they met in Littleroot
Their romance always has been far from moot
With Ash’s help, how May has grown
His dedication to her has been shown
And our princess will always wait
Until the guiding hands of fate
Fulfill her wish, her one desire
To kindle this romantic fire

Never is she hateful, but always ever faithful
Her heart will be soarin’ when their love is out-pourin’

We’re goin’ nowhere, away from her side
We’re goin’ nowhere, by this you must learn to abide
She’s stayin’ aliiiiiiive

Well, right now Ash is trav’lin’ ‘round with Dawn
But in a generation, she’ll be gone
And Misty won’t be back too soon
She’ll find another man to make her swoon
And I’m sayin’ that it’s a fact
Our princess knows who’ll make the pact
Don’t even try to make her sway
‘Cause she’ll be faithful all the way

Never is she strayin’, no matter what they’re sayin’
With it she’ll be stickin’, till Ash ‘n’ May are kissin’

We’re goin’ nowhere, away from her side
We’re goin’ nowhere, by this you must learn to abide
She’s stayin’ aliiiiiiive

I still need to come up with a third one.

@Princess of Hoenn: On a semi-related note, I like that little fanfic.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm back with bring a lot of picture!

here the screenshot I got. I think it's cute:
Episode288rmvb_000220720.jpg

Happpy Family Mode : On

Episode301rmvb_000331497.jpg

Episode323rmvb_000590072.jpg

Episode334rmvb_000839606.jpg

even in a dangerous time, they still look each other's eye....

Episode377rmvb_000985885.jpg

Pikachu looks like very happy being hugged by May

PokemonMovie6-JirachiWishMakerav-1.jpg

it looks like a date
[/spoier]

and some fanart i have done!
Untitled-3copy.jpg

bad coloring, I know -_-

animasi5c.jpg

But i like this picture!
Hope you like it! please add a comment ya!
Those are really cute screnshots and very cute fanart bluemanphy, i might add those fanart of yours onto my favs later. deviantart is annoying me. >.<And Draco nices lyrics but i don't remeber reading them, did you post them before i came here or what???

Those are really cute screnshots and very cute fanart bluemanphy, i might add those fanart of yours onto my favs later. deviantart is annoying me. >.<And Draco nices lyrics but i don't remeber reading them, did you post them before i came here or what???

The first one I posted several months ago. The second one was last month. Oh, and if you have any ideas for other songs I can parody for AdvanceShipping, let me know.

Ok. I've been experimenting with a few techniques in photoshop. Presenting to you, AdvanceShipping banner 4:

ADVbanner-4.png

I've trying to blend stuff, and to get 3-D ish text, and this is the outcome...

It's basically about Ash looking back, remembering May and regretting letting her go...

*runs far away*

Ok. I've been experimenting with a few techniques in photoshop. Presenting to you, AdvanceShipping banner 4:

ADVbanner-4.png

I've trying to blend stuff, and to get 3-D ish text, and this is the outcome...

It's basically about Ash looking back, remembering May and regretting letting her go...

*runs far away*

Awsome work, Lovev how everything came out, If only Ash said that in the anime, (god i dream too much) Very nice, more practice and im sure you will get better.

Thank you all! ;^; *starts crying in joy* You have no idea what that means to me. Thanks you ^^

And just so this post won't look like spam. ADV banner no 5!

ADVbanner-5.png

Yes, I recoloured the shoulder to match Ash's Wallace cup costume >>"

Again, a test on my blending ability. The "It skipped a beat" part refers to her heart o.o"

Um...*runs away again*

Why do people automatically assume that when someone hasn't posted, they've disappeared off the face of the Earth? Anyone?

ADVbanner-5.png

Damn... You guys are getting too good! You may even prove to be some competition for a_f-chan...

NAO! Nevah! I, the lowly n00b at photoshop, refuses to be compared to someone as great and powerful as A_F-Chan! I AM NOT WORTHY ;A;

--

To not make spammish, I think AdvanceShipping reminds me of an apple ^-^ It's a classic, it's healthy, it's nom worthy and comes in different colours!!!..And favours!

an apple? ^0^

picture.php

*noms on tasty ADV fruit* xD

and i love all your banners ^^ especially the "skipped a beat" one. you're getting really good....you're rivaling my banners xD

hmm.....i think of advanceshipping as ramen xD they're kind of like chocolate cake. Simple, elegant, classic yet deep and rich at the same time. and also appealingly delicious xD

I want to read more of that fic, can't believe we both use the same trick in my fic, do a kiss and then make the readers pull out hair from their head dying to know what will happen next.

I'm feeling like my reviews. ahh. well that's what happens when you come onto here after writing a 11 page chapter. w00 new record.

So how long have i been away? anybody miss meh? xD
lol missed you battlefreak, glad to have you with us again ^^ and i suppose great minds think alike, don't they? ;]

@Princess of Hoenn: On a semi-related note, I like that little fanfic.
thank you :3 perhaps i'll continue it....in a bigger fanfic one day....

oh yes, in our old thread, i had posted a little something about Advanceshipping in Random Places. basically, someone puts up a random object of their choice, and then any advanceshipper can make something ADV like that also goes along with that object....like fanart, fanfics, banners...anything you're heart desires ^^

shall we give it a go again?

Today's random object: juice box

EDIT: new banner!
picture.php

i think my brain has gone into overdrive....its throwing ideas at me like crazy *-*

Last edited:
What song or songs do you think describe AdvanceShipping the best?
Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.

Take a look at the lyrics:

I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

I tell myself that I can't hold OUT forever.
I said there is no reason for my fear.
Cause I feel so secure when we're together.
You give my life direction,
You make everything so clear.

And even as I WANDER,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the window,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever THOUGHT I MIGHT.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you.
I've been running round in circles in my mind.
And it always seems that I'm following you, girl,
Cause you take me to the places,
That alone I'd never find.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the wind,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

Seems it was written for them, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom