• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Gosh, I need to stay more active on here! :sweat:

*comes into thread with arms figuratively laden with gifts* ok, so here are some things to perk up our spirits…

Good! I really need it!

Advanceshipping-55.gif

Advanceshipping-56.gif

I hope everyone will feel like what this banner is trying to say…we must never give up hope ^-^

Awesome banners as always! ^-^

Oh yes, and for the ADV site, I’ve changed it to “AdvProject” until further notice ^^
RibbonslastForever-ADV-site-1.gif

Pretty cool. I wish I knew how to do that stuff...

Hoenn handshake…
Advanceshipping-glove.gif

Sinnoh handshake…
Advanceshipping-hands.gif

:crush: I can't believe the writers even remembered that! I so glad that they were able to remind us of the bond that Ash and May had.

now that I think back…I don’t think Misty and Ash shook hands after their last encounter in Hoenn….*evil smile* *is shot*

Who dare shoot someone who speaks the truth?! *shot*

Advanceshipping-share.gif

D’awwwwwwwwwwww :3

YAYZIEZ! All of this ADV is lifting up my spirits! :kawaii:

More banners coming up!

Yes! I love your banners, Princess!

Hey, I know this might sound a little desperate, but don't you think that the Sinnoh handshake was more...Tighter? Than the Hoenn one? I mean, Ash didn't know that May was leaving him in Hoenn, but in Sinnoh he did. Do you think that that is just an animation error, or it's something?

Well, it could always be an animation error, but at least it's a good one! XD Who knows? The writer's might have slipped that in for the pleasure of us ASers.

What article of clothing symbolizes Advanceshipping the most?

I have to go with the common answer here. Gloves. I mean they both wear gloves. It'll be the first thing that comes to mind. XD

Hey, I know this might sound a little desperate, but don't you think that the Sinnoh handshake was more...Tighter? Than the Hoenn one? I mean, Ash didn't know that May was leaving him in Hoenn, but in Sinnoh he did. Do you think that that is just an animation error, or it's something?

Epic banners as always xD

Honestly, that's what I thought

@Princess-

Awesome banners! And thank you for the handshake screenies, I needed those. I love how the handshakes symbolize their bond of friendship.

(Going with what everyone else says) I guess the gloves.

Epic banners as always xD

Ya!! I feel it too!

And for princess: great as always!! It makes me wanted to requested a banner from you.. :)

I hardly show up around here anymore, you guys need to invite me a bit more often. I've been gone for pretty much, what, a week? And nobody's even wondered where I was. :p

Pretty much everyone has it with the gloves, but I'd also go as far as Bandanas (especially reds ones, if I ever see one, May comes to mind) and... I think ribbons count as clothing... If not, an accessory. So, basically, Gloves, Bandanas, and Ribbons for me.

ahwww...thanks everyone :3 I'm glad that our spirit is getting better ^-^

throwing in yet another banner...
Advanceshipping-53.gif

and some cute moments! :D

In Vanity Affair, when the group sits down for a little chat, Ash wonders where his next battle would be, and May tells him in an admiring voice "I’ve got to say Ash, you really outdid that trainer back there. You'll do great in the next gym" They were also sitting next to each other at the table :3

In True Blue Swablu, when Ash, Max and Brock see May asleep after taking care of Swablu, they ask if she needs help. She quickly says that she is fine, and Ash leans in with a very caring tone and asks, “Are you sure you’re ok?”

In movie 9, when Ash suddenly bursts out of the water, alive and well, May smiles widely and shouts, “Ash!” in an extremely relieved tone.

In movie 6, near the end, when Ash returns to his friends and he admits that Lucario had died, May says “Oh Ash…” in a worried tone.

In most of the Advanced Battle episodes, when showing the title of the episode, there is the short clip of Ash’s badge case next to May’s ribbon case, both opening as the title is shown. Not a hint of any sort, but it’s cute to see that they are connected somehow as the “main” two.

also...the next few speculations i'll put in spoiler since they are....very pro-advanceshipping...if you know what i mean.

In A Togepi Mirage, when Ash is trying to force through the portal, he is thrown back. Even though everyone in the group is present (including Misty), May is the only one who cries out in a worried tone: “Ash!”

In The Right Place at the Right Mime, both May and Ash’s Bulbasaurs once again defeated Team Rocket in a perfect tag battle. The main thing to notice here is that Misty was in that episode too…and she was almost “paired” with Tracy...everything they did was together, while and Ash and May did their things together.

I guess the main thing im trying to point out is - pokeshippers find that when Misty returns, Ash will notice his feelings for her. Truthfully, when I watched the episodes (trying to be an unbaised shipper), I didn't find anything majorly and blatantly shippy. Misty seemed more as an older sister to Ash who spends more and more time with Tracy. While when May returned in Sinnoh....the ribbon appeared, one of the biggest Advanceshipping hints there are. Just a speculation anyway. don't kill me pokeshippers >.<

lol anyway, that is your daily dose of ADVgoodness for you ^^

And for princess: great as always!! It makes me wanted to requested a banner from you.. :)
thank you ^^ and I would love to make a banner for you if you wanted. whenever you feel that you may want one, just give me a VM :]

@Rocker - welcome back ^-^

*looks back at screenies* mmm....no, not desperate ^-^ i think the sinnoh one looks better as well. more....emotion. though, it is probably just an animation thing, but still, it's nice to imagine ^^ after all, they didn't need to have a handshake close up to begin with. but they did. :]
even Drew and May's handshake? only once and it wasn't anywhere near as emotional as Ash and May's. and they aren't even full time rivals. i think Ash and May's handshakes mean more than just a friendly gesture...it, it is more like a way of comfort for the two of them. :3 *shot*

Last edited:

Hehe, I rewatched the 9th movie, and I couldn't help but go "Hehehe...Yay!" when someone said "Hey, I think Manaphy is going to find May!" And Ash's eyes just turned light brown in a split second, then nodded with a small smile. It was so freaking adorable >w<

--

Welcome back everyone, it's nice to have you back =]

Other than gloves i think the hats mean something. i can't exaplin why, too hard for me i guess but i always have this vision of Ash's hat on the grass and May's bandana just on the top.

@Princess = Very nice banners, if only the writers gave the anime more romantic emotion.

I just thought of a great topic!

What episode, out of them all, points most to an Ash X May relationship?

A Togepi Mirage. Due to the hint that Princess of Hoenn mentioned.

What episode, out of them all, points most to an Ash X May relationship?

Well my favourite episode for Advanceshipping is Grass Hysteria! Ash going in to save May, they get most of the episode aone together and May gets her Bulbasaur! :-D

*reloads* When I say no bashing, dammit, I mean no bashing.

truly? i apologize....but i did put it under spoiler tags. therefore, reading it was on a person's own account. and it's not bashing...i didn't say anything like "MISTY MUST DIE OMG" or something. but sorry regardless ^^"

anyway, i've been looking through some old AG episodes...i've come up with some many new cute moments that i never really realized were there before ^0^

In Grass Hysteria, when the group is standing back to back and deciding where to go next, May says how she’s scared of the forest. She is standing next to Max and Ash, but her body is turned toward Ash and her hands are clasped…like she’s turning to him for comfort.

Later, in the same episode, when May is being carried away by the Skarmory, Ash is the first one to run after her and shout, “Come on!” to Max and Brock. Then, when the three of them approach the gate, there is a close up of Ash’s face, and he asks, “Can you help? We’ve got to find her,” in a very worried, almost desperate tone. (watch the episode and you'll know what i mean)

Oh yes, and when they are running away from the grass pokemon, they seem to be holding hands a little longer than necessary. Then again, I’m not complaining :p

In Vanity Affair, at the end of the episode, when Ash becomes encouraged to try even harder with his training by Drake, May is the only one who looks excited and happy for him, while Brock and Max only sit there. (need screenie for proof)

In Whiscash and Ash, Ash tells Corphish to attack him so that they can catch Whiscash. May is the only one that cries out, immediately, “But that’s crazy Ash!”
(May seems to worry about Ash's wellbeing a lot...like other situations = movie 6, Pruning a Passel of Pals, A scare to remember, Gaining Groudon…)

In Whiscash and Ash, when Ash is seen fighting the Whiscash near the end of the episode, May, Brock and Max are watching from the boat, and May is holding Pikachu tightly at her chest. She did so right after she told Ash not to take risks that could hurt himself…it was as if she held Pikachu for comfort.

In the episode On Olden Pond, in the beginning of the episode, Ash is trying to teach Pikachu Volt Tackle. When it doesn’t work, May comes over and says “Ash, maybe you’re training a bit too hard,” in a gentle, caring tone.

In On a Wingull and a Prayer, when Max and Brock suggest waiting for the next boat to Dewford Island, Ash is upset as he wants to get to the gym as soon as possible. The camera then points to May, who has a solemn look on her face. Then, she tells everyone to wait and that she would find a boat for them. This shows how much May cares about Ash’s journey and possibly for his happiness as well.

here are some screenies from Whiscash and Ash...

WA-1.gif

Before...

WA-2.gif

...and After.

and that's all for now ^^

Alright guys, I think I'm going to need some help. My friend Michael is a big Pearlshipper, and idolizes Dawn. I posted a comment on one of his pictures on Facebook about how I liked May better, and he replied with a full essay (not even exaggerating, an essay) about the key points of Dawn's character and Pearlshipping. I'm preparing to write a response to his points. If any Advanceshippers/May lovers are online at the moment, I'm asking you guys for some help.

Easy, just tell him you like May better because it's your own opinion. Nothing can beat the "IMO" tag xD

Well, sure, I can pull that card out if I wanted, but I wanted to stand up for May, because she's the middle child of the trio and the one least liked. I wanted to point out she's a rather original character.

And I may need to change my requirements, I need some help explaining May's character (I'm pretty horrible at writing, lol) and at least dip a toe into Advanceshipping, since he barely dabbed on Pearlshipping himself.

Well, most of my exams, are behind me. Now i hav a 1 week break, so let's answer some questions :D

1. Do you think there would've been more AS hints in the anime if May had captured Swablu?

Of course yes. With swablu might be more situation, like for ash every Swablu/Altaria migt remind him of Maym or something like that.

2. If Ash and May got Drunk, what would they do?

I can't imagine what May could do, but i think ash confessing his feelings to may [being drunk of course] could be really funny :D.

3. If Ash and May were to go on a double date with another couple ( from Pokemon ), which couple would you like it to be and why?

Misty/Tracey? I don't know, i think that could be the best combination xD.

4. Who would you say is the in-universe 'patron saint' of AdvanceShipping?

Obviously, it's Oscar&Adni

5. Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

I don't really know. I must see her, and how is the relation between her And Ash coud go. But it doesn't mean that i will stop suporting advanceshiping.

6. What if Ash started exhibiting feelings for the B/W companion, such as love, and May got jealous?

Don't even think about that!!! XD
But seeing May jealous could be hilarious. :D

7.How do you think May and Ash should meet up again?

Ash's Sinnoh league final/May's Johto Grand Festival final.

This are the most amazing baners Princess of Hoeen
And your ADV hints - you have pretty good eye to catch those even little hints :D.

LucarioAura - your video is great ;]

Well, i think that's enough.

Last edited:

Which movie has the best Advance hints?

All together now!

MOVIE NINNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lol, you should've put "Which movie has the best Advance hints other than movie nine?" because everyone(other than me) is most likely going to say movie nine.

But, in response to the topic, I really don't know how to answer. I, personally, don't think movie nine is all that shippy anymore since most of the hints are debatable(if you want a debate, PM/VM me) and I support different ships now, so I'm not too Pro-ADV anymore(hence why I haven't posted in a long time)... I'll just answer the other topic:

Their headgear or their gloves, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

-----

Fanart(I don't think this one has been posted):
3450z82.jpg

From here

Good work on those banners Princess, as always.

adv08.jpg

I bring you more fanart!
SatoHaruacu001.jpg

Artist:Me

Back
Top Bottom