• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

But unlike with Kris who was exclusive to Crystal and thus not as significant as May who has appeared in RS and E and has been a main character in the anime for a period of 4 years and some cameos. There is little need to replace her.

May's best chance at making a cameo is RSEmakes. Without that, she may not appear again.

she might at the end of best wishes or something like that, but all we can do now is hop that she does.

I was looking for the manga adaptation of Temple Of The Sea, but couldn't find it. Is it even anywhere on the internet?

What kind of advice would you think Ash's friends (all of them up to this point) would give Ash and/or May regarding their relationship?

I was looking for the manga adaptation of Temple Of The Sea, but couldn't find it. Is it even anywhere on the internet?

What kind of advice would you think Ash's friends (all of them up to this point) would give Ash and/or May regarding their relationship?

I have a copy of Temple of the Sea, so it's out there.

I doubt Misty would give advice to foster an Ash/May relationship. Brock's advice would be thoroughly useless, so it doesn't matter.

...Actually, I can't think of anything else.

Misty: Considering she still has her crush on Ash, I think she'd be too crushed to give anything.

Brock: I don't know. Maybe he'd tell Ash to stay with May so he won't have to live the lonely life that he does? lol

Tracey: Tracey might give them advice to always be honest with each other.

Max: I don't think he'd know anything about romance at that point...

Dawn: Being a girl herself, she'd give Ash advice on how to please girls and maybe give him various tips for different things.

Iris: She'd tell both of them to live and have fun since life is short. Iris seems like a person to tell them that, honestly.

Dento: He'd assure Ash and May that they can call him up if they have relationship problems. And is it bad that I think that Dento would give Ash fashion advice for dates...?

I have a copy of Temple of the Sea, so it's out there.

You do? Does the manga adaptation retain the same amount of ASness and/or awesomeness as the actual movie? I was thinking about buying it...

You do? Does the manga adaptation retain the same amount of ASness and/or awesomeness as the actual movie? I was thinking about buying it...

Let's see...*currently flipping through it*...they omit the Luvdisc scene, so that's one less hint. When Ash puts May and the Pokes in the capsule, we don't see the same facial expressions. We do see May worried about Ash after the Sea Temple rises from its near-Poseidon Adventure. Overall, the manga has less ADV than the movie.

Last edited:

am i still welcomed here? xD

Been off the ADV thread for a while. What's happening?^^

Morru Magnum, everyone is always welcomed here! Not much has been going on... Now for the topic...

I think Dawn would give Ash some advice about girls in general, Brock would give Ash the WRONG advice, and Max would probably give advice on what May likes to do in her spare time(since May is Max's sister). I think Misty would give Ash some advice on being mature.

Ash

Oak+Delia: proably will give Ash "The Talk" and Delia would Tell Ash some of the thing his father did whenh they were dating

Gary: proably tell Ash to try and come off cool and to try and "Be The Man"

Pikachu: Pika pikachu-translation-Just be yourself man

Misty: proabaly won't be must use due to her being compatishon

Sensible Brock: try and be with her always so he doesn't end up like him -sad and alone (Awww:bawl:)

"Lovey duvy" Brock: proably won't give any good advice really- except a few date ideas

Richie: proably some practicle ideas and a few things to do or say ect

Professor Ivy: take her to the Orange islands for a holiday *gives romantic locations on a map to him*

Tracey:be honest with eachother or somthing like that proabably

Proffesor Elm: yeah proabably not much use except giving some nice places in Johto really

Professor Birch: yet again proably not much help except locations

Norman: Be good to her-or else *good advice to me :scared:*

Max: a few things May likes to do or a few places she likes to go

*non-CS* Drew: woo her with Roses

*CS* Drew: not much help

Harley: buy her some clothes

Scott: Take her to a resort or somewhere fancy

Professor Rowan: Just be yourself and be true to her and see where it goes

"Non- relationship looking" Dawn: tell him some stuff that girls generally like to do and try to help as well

"Crush" Dawn: not much use

Barry: Fine her *lol*

Paul: Not much use

I'll do Mays later

All of them: Damn Ash, I thought you were gay. Don't mess this up

Only two days until Christmas!!! Here are a couple screenshots...

picture.php

picture.php

Forget about getting advice from Ash's friends, here's a better, and a whole lot funnier(imo), topic:
If Ash and/or May could understand them, what would be the advice their Pokemon(at least the ones who you think would have interest) would give?:-D

Last edited:

brock,misty,iris,drew,ritchie,shooti,Barry, and paul won't be of much help.

gary:would give advice to ash on how to woo may(since gary is a cowboy casanova)

dawn:she'll tell ash,find out what she likes most, and set up a romatic date that she'll like. she'd also help ash with this even though if she was secretly jealous.

tracey, delia, oak, professor ivy, dento, and professor araragi would give ash some relationship advice.

harley, and solidad would help ash buy gifts for her especially clothes.

Forget about getting advice from Ash's friends, here's a better, and a whole lot funnier(imo), topic:
If Ash and/or May could understand them, what would be the advice their Pokemon(at least the ones who you think would have interest) would give?:-D

I wouldn't expect much from Ash's Pokemon regarding love advice, considering what Oak said about Pokemon gaining traits from their trainers. I would imagine most of Ash's Pokemon inheriting his cluelessness regarding love. The only exception would be Sceptile, and look how his attempt at romance turned out.

As for May's Pokemon...actually, none of them have shown much inclination to love, except maybe Bulbasaur. If Ash's Bulba feels the same way, they might try leading by example. "Okay, Ash and May, watch how we do it. Got it? Now you try it."

I don't want to be a jerk, but they may replace May with another girl like they did with Crystal and HG/SS. Lets just hope that doesn't happen when they make R/S/E sometime in 2011- 2012.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all...

Well i don't know if anyone else has notice but i believe that the writers are getting sick of making new charathers. like Kenny he went missing for about 40 episodes and didn't even pass the 1st round of the grand festival and same goes with Nando. Zoey came from a decent rival to Dawn's bff and comes back after she goes missing for awhile. we never saw Nando battle and he didn't last in the grand festival for long either. Lyra might never make another camo again. maybe same goes with Angie. Conway hardly showed up and i think wasn't the best rival for Ash. Barry was decent.

So doesn't anyone see this that the writers are getting tried of making new charathers, making them last for at least 5 episodes and making them have a good childhood background and good closer. thats a lot of work now that you add all the characters they introduced since the show started.

So i believe there is a bigger chance that May WON'T BE REPLACED. i mean whats the point making a new charather for only a few episodes and never to be seen again? pointless if they do this with May. and plus the uproar of the fans will be huge, like with the Lyra and Kris issue when Kris was replaced when HG/SS was remade.

Last edited:

Well i don't know if anyone else has notice but i believe that the writers are getting sick of making new charathers. like Kenny he went missing for about 40 episodes and didn't even pass the 1st round of the grand festival and same goes with Nando. Zoey came from a decent rival to Dawn's bff and comes back after she goes missing for awhile. we never saw Nando battle and he didn't last in the grand festival for long either. Lyra might never make another camo again. maybe same goes with Angie. Conway hardly showed up and i think wasn't the best rival for Ash. Barry was decent.

So doesn't anyone see this that the writers are getting tried of making new charathers, making them last for at least 5 episodes and making them have a good childhood background and good closer. thats a lot of work now that you add all the characters they introduced since the show started.

So i believe there is a bigger chance that May WON'T BE REPLACED. i mean whats the point making a new charather for only a few episodes and never to be seen again? pointless if they do this with May. and plus the uproar of the fans will be huge, like with the Lyra and Kris issue when Kris was replaced when HG/SS was remade.
Yeah, I did not notice that...
I guess we will find out if May's replaced, won't we?

Kris was first introduced in Crystal, while HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Gold and Silver, games which do not feature female protagonists. In contrast, May is featured in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, in addition to being a well-established character in the show. There is no reason to believe that she will be replaced in future R/S remakes.

Actually, if they replace any protagonist, it would be Brendan, as he has only made three cameos in M06/M09/M11 and has no important role in the show. However, Brendan is awesome and if they replaced him I would be absolutely outraged.

Let's see...*currently flipping through it*...they omit the Luvdisc scene, so that's one less hint. When Ash puts May and the Pokes in the capsule, we don't see the same facial expressions. We do see May worried about Ash after the Sea Temple rises from its near-Poseidon Adventure. Overall, the manga has less ADV than the movie.

... :(

The writers don't make new characters for the games. The writer's make new characters for the anime, lol. They won't have a say in who's in what game remake. That's up to GameFreak and the Pokemon game developers. Even then, May has an extremely high chance of staying because:

Kris was first introduced in Crystal, while HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Gold and Silver, games which do not feature female protagonists. In contrast, May is featured in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, in addition to being a well-established character in the show. There is no reason to believe that she will be replaced in future R/S remakes.

So we don't need to worry about May never reappearing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom