• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

... :(
The writers don't make new characters for the games. The writer's make new characters for the anime, lol. They won't have a say in who's in what game remake. That's up to GameFreak and the Pokemon game developers. Even then, May has an extremely high chance of staying because:

So we don't need to worry about May never reappearing. ;)
Yay! :cheers: :phew:
Screenshot:
picture.php
:XD:

Can anyone tell me what episode this pic came from?
Is it me, or Ash is staring at May's chest? :naughty:

Last edited:

It was that episode with Silcoon.

And she was helping everybody off the cliff. So even Brock and Max at some point was 'looking at her chest'. But you have to admit that he was staring DOWN ;D

checkingout.jpg

This is more 'checking out' imo ;3

Kris was first introduced in Crystal, while HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Gold and Silver, games which do not feature female protagonists. In contrast, May is featured in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, in addition to being a well-established character in the show. There is no reason to believe that she will be replaced in future R/S remakes.

Actually, if they replace any protagonist, it would be Brendan, as he has only made three cameos in M06/M09/M11 and has no important role in the show. However, Brendan is awesome and if they replaced him I would be absolutely outraged.

Yeah, I think that replacing May is more akin to replacing Red or Gold/Ethan, in other words... Well I won't say impossible because you never know, but highly unlikely.

Speaking of highly unlikely things, I just thought about something. The writers said that Best Wishes is supposed to be a relatively short series, right? Well, assuming they will keep their words, and that Game Freak will keep the usual ~3-4 years per generation, they will have to fill the show somehow, and if there will be a R/S/E remake... Again, I do realize this is highly unlikely, but a guy can dream...

Merry Christmas to all the AdvanceShippers here.:) I know i haven't been here 4 a while, mainly b/c.....problems w/ my computer but problem solved. and to those who recently, joined, welcome to the bangwagon, we enjoy your stay.

And as for the new guy who was asking for a website for reading the pkmn movie 9 manga version, try googling for online manga. I know I tried searching for the manga online, but the results are pretty crap.-_- Not to mention I wasted 8 bucks on the book but oh well, at least i can use it for reference.:p

@AdvanceShipper #1, lol at the screenshot!!!!XDDDDDD Ash seems to be a very naughty boy this year, Santa knows!

__secret_santa___by_angelyoshi119-d35nm9x.jpg
made by me

Yeah, I think that replacing May is more akin to replacing Red or Gold/Ethan, in other words... Well I won't say impossible because you never know, but highly unlikely.

Speaking of highly unlikely things, I just thought about something. The writers said that Best Wishes is supposed to be a relatively short series, right? Well, assuming they will keep their words, and that Game Freak will keep the usual ~3-4 years per generation, they will have to fill the show somehow, and if there will be a R/S/E remake... Again, I do realize this is highly unlikely, but a guy can dream...
Maybe sometime in BW, they will goto Hoenn and meet May when the R/S/E are re-made like when they went to Kanto when Red/Green was re-made... :yahoo:

Need a new topic... well here goes...
Do you think Advanceshipping will ever become canon? Why or Why not.

picture.php

Happy New Year Everyone

Need a new topic... well here goes...

With this writing staff? Are you kidding? They seem determined to keep Ash totally asexual, so we're all on our own.

With this writing staff? Are you kidding? They seem determined to keep Ash totally asexual, so we're all on our own.
yeah, I guess you got a point... The writing staff now don't seem to support any shipping with Ash. :-(

I've read somewhere that head writers in the anime keep changing and changing. All we have to do is wait for a writer who supports Advanceto be a main writer(I stand by my previous notion that Advanceshipping is very popular in other parts of the world, so why not in its home country as well?) and hope that he/she stays until the end of the series. Then again I might be wrong about the changing writers thing.

How about another topic?

What would Ash and May's new years resolution be?

It may not even be enough for the writers to be AdvanceShippers. It can be agreed upon that most of the writers for Naruto SZhppuden, for one example, are fans of NaruHina (Note the omake in episode... 163? Not to mention episode 167), but it will NEVER happen unless Kishimoto pulls iot out of his ass. It's likely the same way with Pokemon and whoever is in charge of the whole thing.

Not likely. Shippings involving main characters, especially those who are still travelling, would become too hindering on the forward motion of the plot and thus aren't going to be implemented anytime soon. The only exception I see is if a) the focus of the anime moves from Ash to someone else and b) time elapses; then we might see that Ash and May are together when they're older and have achieved their respective goals.

The inclinations of the writers are also not going to be major factors here. While there is a possibility that May could rejoin Ash (if you're going to bring up the point that there are no Contests in B/W and Unova, remember that the anime has inserted Contests into Kanto and Johto even though they are not present in FR/LG or HG/SS), the best we can hope for is that the writers will keep dropping hints regularly. The motivation to avoid overt romance is profit. For example, based on the reviews that I have read, Movie 9, while still receiving a lot of positive reception, was not as well received as Movie 8. In my opinion, that is partially due to the strong romantic overtone present in it. As Advanceshippers, we can all agree that Movie 9 gave us a lot of significant hints. However, it is also reasonable to assume that most of us are not members of the target age group. The majority of 10 or 11 year olds are not interested in shipping, so they probably consider Movie 9's many shippy moments to be rather boring. Consequently, it did not fare as well at the box office at least in part because the significance of the numerous Ash/May interactions are lost on the target audience, most of whom have no interest in romance movies. In short, however supportive of Advanceshipping the writers may be, it is still secondary to the primary motive of making a profit.

May: I will continue to call Ash every day and keep in touch with him. Maybe I'll even visit him in Unova!

Ash: I must train harder to become a Pokémon Master!!! I wonder why May calls me all the time...even when I'm training...

What kind of advice would you think Ash's friends (all of them up to this point) would give Ash and/or May regarding their relationship?

Ash

Oak+Delia: proably will give Ash "The Talk" and Delia would Tell Ash some of the thing his father did whenh they were dating

Gary: proably tell Ash to try and come off cool and to try and "Be The Man"

Pikachu: Pika pikachu-translation-Just be yourself man

Misty: proabaly won't be must use due to her being compatishon

Sensible Brock: try and be with her always so he doesn't end up like him -sad and alone (Awww:bawl:)

"Lovey duvy" Brock: proably won't give any good advice really- except a few date ideas

Richie: proably some practicle ideas and a few things to do or say ect

Professor Ivy: take her to the Orange islands for a holiday *gives romantic locations on a map to him*

Tracey:be honest with eachother or somthing like that proabably

Proffesor Elm: yeah proabably not much use except giving some nice places in Johto really

Professor Birch: yet again proably not much help except locations

Norman: Be good to her-or else *good advice to me :scared:*

Max: a few things May likes to do or a few places she likes to go

*non-CS* Drew: woo her with Roses

*CS* Drew: not much help

Harley: buy her some clothes

Scott: Take her to a resort or somewhere fancy

Professor Rowan: Just be yourself and be true to her and see where it goes

"Non- relationship looking" Dawn: tell him some stuff that girls generally like to do and try to help as well

"Crush" Dawn: not much use

Barry: Fine her *lol*

Paul: Not much use

I'll do Mays later

Assesment:

Barry and Paul are not much use (although Barry's a funny character and much friendlier than Paul). Same goes for Drew and Harley, scratch them out. As for Dawn, she would probably use her catchphrase "No Need To Worry" and Ash would say in response, "That's when I worry the most!" Norman wouldn't be that harsh because he likes Ash and knows he'd do his best to make May happy. Max would do much more since he treats Ash like a big brother. The rest of the characters are right on the money.

As for the topic I'm quoting and assesing answers for, I don't know if I can answer it because I don't know if I can answer it efficiently because I don't know what the characters would say to help Ash and May.

Ash: Work up the courage to tell May i like her, and finally win a league.
May: Work up the courage to tell Ash i like him, and become top coordinater in a region.

And then maybe they meet somewhere and kiss at midnight:XD:

Ash: Work up the courage to tell May i like her, and finally win a league.
May: Work up the courage to tell Ash i like him, and become top coordinater in a region.

And then maybe they meet somewhere and kiss at midnight:XD:

just to comment on Ash he has won to my memory two minor leagues- the battle frontier is the latest but he did also win the Orange Leauge*ahh i feel all nostalgic now* so has has won some leauges but to say he would like to win a MAJOR league would be more accurate- sorry to nit-pick :sweatlol:

Ash: to try and fix his eye infections (Best Wishes eyes lol) and Finaly win a Major League and capture a Legendairy Pokémon (or all Pokémon if you want to go by his original plan in serise 1)

May: get more than a few cameos and fianlly win a Grand festival
and reunite with Ash (in what way i'll leave to your minds :p)
EDIT: 1/1/11: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited:

Lol, not until the shows ends which will be in a "few" years from now. haha. i don't know about this. i can't say much for now. but everytime i think of this question i think that of something my newphew said to me when we were watching DP. he asked why Ash didn't have a girlfriend. i said because he isn't intrested in girls. then he replys that does mean his gay. i laughed so hard.

It just comes to show that in the view of small children that if Ash doesn't get a small intrest in girls, a alot more people like my newphew will think he is gay. rofl.

Lol, not until the shows ends which will be in a "few" years from now. haha. i don't know about this. i can't say much for now. but everytime i think of this question i think that of something my newphew said to me when we were watching DP. he asked why Ash didn't have a girlfriend. i said because he isn't intrested in girls. then he replys that does mean his gay. i laughed so hard.

It just comes to show that in the view of small children that if Ash doesn't get a small intrest in girls, a alot more people like my newphew will think he is gay. rofl.
:XD: however, I think it is quite obvious that Ash isn't gay. He doesn't kiss guys, and doesn't show any interest in guys. I don't think Ash will start showing interest in girls and specifically May as long as PUSA still dubs the anime.

It's unlikely Ash will end up with anyone, even at the series finale, IMO. It's less of a risk on the writers' parts.

:XD: however, I think it is quite obvious that Ash isn't gay. He doesn't kiss guys, and doesn't show any interest in guys. I don't think Ash will start showing interest in girls and specifically May as long as PUSA still dubs the anime.
i agree ash isn't gay, yet it annoys me when people assume a guy is gay when he shows no interest in girls

Back
Top Bottom