• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

i agree ash isn't gay, yet it annoys me when people assume a guy is gay when he shows no interest in girls

yeah i have to agree, cause I think he is trying to become a master first then worry about his love life-when he3 does he will probaly have a sea of woman to siv through to find "The One" lining up(Hopefuly he chooses May XD) but who knows could be none of anyone we could expect-could be an OC created especially that we could not see coming or they could get lazy and do a Dragon Ball GT and skip Ash and look at one of his predessesors and an old member of the younger cast- proably Max and we watch him or her start his/her journey under the coaching under said cast member
for the last few episodes

So I go missing for a while and you guys start discussing Ash's sexual preferences?

Ash is the Chaste Hero. For the sake of keeping the show as kiddy as possible, romance is out aside from a few instances of teasing us fans. Homosexuality in a kids show is unimaginable until society accepts Homosexuality completely and doesn't think it to be strange in the least.

Sorry, but I had to bring TvTropes into this.

^No, Ash is more than a Chaste Hero. He's asexual at this point in the show. The writers now seem like they are determined to make him incapable of romantic love. I say that because he had an interest in Giselle early on in the series, then became completely oblivious to romance of all sorts. And because we all know that Ash has undying love for only his Pokemon and adventure and will never end up with anyone even at the end of the series, considering there will even be one.

*gasp*

May's an exception. Ash totally has the hots for her.

Man I wish I didn't brought up Black Man Loves PKMN....-_-;;;; Well I do know this conversation didn't happened b/c of the video...

I agree w/ the above posts, in fact that is what I'm going to say.:sweatlol:

No offense to anybody but I think ppl should seriously stop throwing their claims about Ash being gay for not liking a girl, the joke's been overdone and cliched, it's not even funny. I stopped laughing at the video Black Man Loves Pokemon when the guy said Ash is gay, oh rly? Then how is Ash gay first of all? Oh he doesn't seem interested of any of the girls he travelled w/, that's why he's gay? Then that must mean I'm lesbian b/c I'm not interested in guys!-_- Anyways Ash's committed to his goal and he's willing to train his Pokemon, who can blame him?**shrug**

Sorry for the rant I did. I need to take it off my chest....

picture.php

Can anybody tell me who the artist is? I was still browsing the net for that foreign site(the one where I said that advanceshipping is the most popular) when I came across this.

Can anybody tell me who the artist is? I was still browsing the net for that foreign site(the one where I said that advanceshipping is the most popular) when I came across this.

http://tieba.baidu.com/%D6%C7ң/tupian/item/b216327ac5ea8bad2e73b3c9.html

That's all I've got. I think it's an isolated fanart because it was grouped along with other fanarts by different artists.

Ash is the Chaste Hero. For the sake of keeping the show as kiddy as possible, romance is out aside from a few instances of teasing us fans.

Yeah, most of us are not part of the target age group. We're getting owned because we notice too many things, aren't we?

Yes, I think we all agree that Ash is not gay, he's just not interested. Now, I think we need a new topic... anyone got one?

picture.php

And again, can someone tell me what episode this is from? :dumb:

um... i haven't been here forever, and i don't think ive ever said i like Advancedshipping, so hi!

Yes, I think we all agree that Ash is not gay, he's just not interested. Now, I think we need a new topic... anyone got one?

And for all we know, he's still 10 years old and believes in cooties.

And dang >> 30 pages of new stuff since i've last posted here.

Last edited:

Welcome back Rush good to hear from you again :)

Originally Posted by Advanceshipper #1

If the show finally grows up and stops being a parent pleaser and places a love intrest for Ash or a Triangle by bringing in an actual rival for a characters affections after Ash finally grows some intrest in girls (i mean more than "Gissel is pritty")how will this affect AS and your opion on the show
lol worlds longest Topic title anyway if the love intrest isn't May things might go down hill for us(Heaven forbid) but as we always do and as Kamina-sama says "If there is a wall in our way we will break it down!":banghead:- if it is May and a Triangle is thrown in the works-yes i'm looking at you Brenden who up till now has yet to make an appearnce so could fit well into it- and i might actually get interested enough to sit and watch the show again rather than re runs of what i call "The good old days" when they actually didn't care about parent pleasing- generally movie one and the first few seasons when TR were actual villans rather than a running gag of anti-heros (oops rambling a bit here :lol:) anyway i think it could either make us or break us or leave us on the curb smelling of Gin and our wallet stolen depending on how it turns out

picture.php

And again, can someone tell me what episode this is from? :dumb:

That is from The Garden of Eatin (AG088). May is trying to wake up Ash after he was put to sleep by Snorlax's Yawn attack. (Why didn't he just switch out?) Again not a particularly shippy episode but who cares about context?

^ OH HOHOHO. 'NOT SHIPPY' YOU SAY?

That, my AdvanceShipping shipping friend, is one of the times May has been designated to 'Wake up Ash'

AGM1Image1.jpg

008adb01.jpg

Well, that's all I can find in my folder XP

Oh and, I found something pretty damn cute:

Image3.jpg

Inhere, she's like all "My hero!"

And
th0664c27e.gif

Has to be the most adorable thing ever x3

I think only Ash had some 'One on One' time with May, giving her tips and having a little heart to heart. I doubt he did that to Misty or Dawn ._.

Last edited:

That, my AdvanceShipping shipping friend, is one of the times May has been designated to 'Wake up Ash'

AGM1Image1.jpg

008adb01.jpg

Image3.jpg

And
th0664c27e.gif

I think only Ash had some 'One on One' time with May, giving her tips and having a little heart to heart. I doubt he did that to Misty or Dawn ._.

Lol I've notice that. whenever Ash is asleep or attacked May would always go to him first. (YAY -shot-)

Well May was the first girl to travel with Ash in the Change-the-main-girl-role so i guess that made Ash more closer to girls? she was the first girl that kinda introduced Ash to contest as well right? im not sure about that but i always seem to put that in my fics all the time. xD

And when i said Ash was gay, i didn't mean it. i was kinda joking. i didn't expect everyone to reply to it. rofl.

AGM1Image1.jpg

008adb01.jpg

Image3.jpg

And
th0664c27e.gif

So... does this one count too?
ashmaysaving.jpg

ashmaysaving1.jpg

ashmaysaving2.jpg

ashmaysaving3.jpg

I thought so ; )

Actually thats more than an ordinary hint. It was May's voice (And Pikachu) that woke up Ash and saved them all. One of my favourite hints.

AGM1Image1.jpg

008adb01.jpg

Image3.jpg

And
th0664c27e.gif

A) I said not particularly shippy.
B) I said not particularly shippy episode, not moment.

Besides, the one in Fear Factor Phony (AG146) has more significance because May wakes up Ash while feeling fear, indicating that Ash is the first person she would go to for reassurance. In the AG088 screenshot, May tries to wake up Ash because he has fallen asleep at an inopportune time.

Also what you said about "'one on one' time" relates to the broader theme of Ash being May's mentor at the beginning of her journey. That is pretty unique, as she initially disliked Pokémon, but he convinced her otherwise.

So... does this one count too?
ashmaysaving.jpg

ashmaysaving1.jpg

ashmaysaving2.jpg

ashmaysaving3.jpg

I thought so ; )
I love these pics... May and Manaphy saved Ash...
another reason why movie 9 was great for ADV

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
:)

seriously need a topic... anyone got one?

Last edited:

:)

seriously need a topic... anyone got one?

How about........

If Ash or May had a rough day then what would the other do to cheer him/her up?

That being said, it can be like Ash losing a major battle or May losing a contest, etc...:cheers:

They would probably get ice cream for each other and talk about the really good battles/contests they had.

We know what Ash will do, don't we? When May lost her first Contest, Ash believed that it was his fault for not teaching her hard enough. There were also other Contest losses after which Ash went to cheer May up with kind words such as:

ashmay42.jpg

Certainly a better way to show care for May than giving her a rose "for Beautifly."

Similarly we have moments of crisis where Ash gives May reassurance and support:

220px-AdvanceShipping.png

May's side is more speculative. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to recall May being the one to reassure Ash after a loss. In early/mid AG she was still a novice to Pokémon so that would have been out of character for her. She has more experience now, though, and her personality does indicate that she is inclined to be supportive.

The other aspect of this is the symbolism of the split ribbon. Both Ash and May have said that it is a source of inspiration and support in difficult times. The fact that they are both carrying their respective halves, and that each half means so much to its owner, is a symbol of the strength of their bond. So even if they are physically separated, Ash and May both know that the other is always by their side and supporting them.

They would probably get ice cream for each other and talk about the really good battles/contests they had.

Food! That's absolutely brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? It's very meaningful yet in character at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom