• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Alright, so I asked this on Fanfiction as well as on the Seribii forums, so I might as well ask here to.

As an advanceshipper, what is your favorite Dawn pairing?

I've been trying to figure out what Dawn ship advanceshippers in particular like best, I personally don't a have favorite (And if you look at my stories, you'll see I've used quite a few of them) But I would tend to say I'm more Ikari, twinleaf, and cavalier than anything else at the moment, but I'm keeping an open mind...

As an advanceshipper, what is your favorite Dawn pairing?

I like the Cavalier shipping, is it that one with Gary and Dawn if so it's that one

Uh, guys. Any pairing involving Dawn/Hikari isn't really relevant at all to this thread unless you're making comparisons or contrasting them...

K so I haven't been on In a while here. I say shinyshipping. Orange(from civil war)xDawn. Lol. And so we don't get in trouble new topic. What other anime couples remind you of ash and may? For me its gohan and videl from dbz. And I'm going to do a crossover collaboration with itssupereffective in the future with gohanxvidel and advanceshipping so don't take our idea lol and BTW I'm a contestshipper now.

I'll start a new topic.

Have you read any Advanceshipping fanfics lately?

I've re-read Two of a Kind for about the tenth time if that counts.

Uh, guys. Any pairing involving Dawn/Hikari isn't really relevant at all to this thread unless you're making comparisons or contrasting them...

Okay, I was just asking because I wanted to know what advanceshippers in particular liked. Won't happen again :/

K so I haven't been on In a while here. I say shinyshipping. Orange(from civil war)xDawn. Lol. And so we don't get in trouble new topic. What other anime couples remind you of ash and may? For me its gohan and videl from dbz. And I'm going to do a crossover collaboration with itssupereffective in the future with gohanxvidel and advanceshipping so don't take our idea lol and BTW I'm a contestshipper now.

^^ This. Double Contestshipping all the way across the sky. XP It'll be interesting to see how your collaberation with itssupereffective turns out as well. :D And to answer your question... I don't really watch anime... Pokemon got lucky because my cousin and I watched it as a kid.

I'll start a new topic.

I've re-read Two of a Kind for about the tenth time if that counts.

I typically try to keep up with most of the good advanceshipping stuff on fanfiction that's updated, although if a story is already 50k words and I've never read it before, I tend not to... over the summer maybe?

I'll be completely honest, and say not really.
I haven't even so much as looked at the pokemon fanfiction page for a few months.
Whole reason for my abrupt leaving was just me kind of getting sick of some people in this fandom, and the whole viciousness that is often portrayed by a majority of the shipping fandom towards one another. I just kind of thought it was all bullshit and left because I had enough of dealing with that. I'm back now, but don't expect me to be extremely active I guess.

On a different, completely happier note, I got my Ao3 invite. 8]

I've been reading quite a lot of advanceshipping fan fics lately because I'm working on a fic called Sleeping Ash at the moment and I'm trying to write something that's more unique and been inspired by them as well as other stuff I'm reading. My fic Sleeping Ash was in fact based on some leftover ideas that I didn't use in some of my other fics, but the ideas got revived when reading some other stories. Also the Ace Attorney games and Harry Potter books have left a huge impact on my life because their universes are so creative and complex that it inspires me to do want to make great advanceshipping fics.

I'll be completely honest, and say not really.
I haven't even so much as looked at the pokemon fanfiction page for a few months.
Whole reason for my abrupt leaving was just me kind of getting sick of some people in this fandom, and the whole viciousness that is often portrayed by a majority of the shipping fandom towards one another. I just kind of thought it was all bullshit and left because I had enough of dealing with that. I'm back now, but don't expect me to be extremely active I guess.

On a different, completely happier note, I got my Ao3 invite. 8]

Viciousness? I honestly haven't seen any, I mean, Beastmode and itssupereffective got attacked by a couple of idiots a while back but I don't recall it being because of fandom... Is there something I've been missing.

I've been reading quite a lot of advanceshipping fan fics lately because I'm working on a fic called Sleeping Ash at the moment and I'm trying to write something that's more unique and been inspired by them as well as other stuff I'm reading. My fic Sleeping Ash was in fact based on some leftover ideas that I didn't use in some of my other fics, but the ideas got revived when reading some other stories. Also the Ace Attorney games and Harry Potter books have left a huge impact on my life because their universes are so creative and complex that it inspires me to do want to make great advanceshipping fics.

I've been staring at your avatar for like, five minutes trying to figure out what it is, I just realized it's a scene from Sleeping Ash... I'm an idiot...

New question, What is your least favorite type of advanceshipping fic?

Personally, I'm getting sick of all these OCs joining up with anime characters and travelling around regions... Pichu and TheRebelx3's fics aren't bad, I do enjoy reading their's, but I swear, there have been so many of them lately, I'm tired of it...

I've been trying to find some on a website called GTS+, but it turns out, the one I posted there is literally the only shipping fic that's ever been posted there. I did not say Advanceshipping fiction, I said shipping fiction, folks. There's a severe lack of that on that site.

So,I'm back for now.
And I'm feeling much better because a certain person prayed for me.
Thanks Speedy!^A^

So here's a topic.
Do you think Max thinks of Ash and May as a father and mother?

Probably more as a brother and sister.

What is your least favorite type of advanceshipping fic?

Personally, I'm getting sick of all these OCs joining up with anime characters and travelling around regions... Pichu and TheRebelx3's fics aren't bad, I do enjoy reading their's, but I swear, there have been so many of them lately, I'm tired of it...

Yeah same here, especially when they have an OC come out of no where and fall in love with Dawn or Misty. Too many new advanceshipping writers are basically doing exactly what Pichu did and now it's almost as cliche as high school fics.

Hmm, maybe but more likely really good friends and potential lovers would be what I'd hope Max sees them as. And I think Ash and Misty are more like brother and sister then Ash and May.

So,I'm back for now.
And I'm feeling much better because a certain person prayed for me.
Thanks Speedy!^A^

You're welcome. I'm always happy to help somebody out.

My take on this is that he looks up to them as his heros. He probally doesn't say it bu there is no doubt that he is proud of what his siter has become. As for Ash, I think he already said that his dad and Ash are his heroes.

I hope Fanfiction love story is an exception too lol. And I don't want to continue the least favorite advanceshipping fic topic....I have a feeling return fics will make someone's list and ima just get pissed.

Since I haven't posted anything lately, I'll probably answer a few questions here.

Right now, I'm reading Duplicity by The Shiny Gengar
And I also read Harley and Me not too long ago.

Maybe. But I think Ash and May make a great Parent! :)

Ikr. The bullshit is bugging the crap out of me, I mean seriously. I can't even express my frustration right now.

Hope not. I think he wants Ash to marry May so he can related to him :p

What is your least favorite type of advanceshipping fic?

Travelling, OC, OOC, high school, any lemons.

Hope not. I think he wants Ash to marry May so he can related to him :p

Could be haha. But on the last Episode of Battle Frontier, Max even said "It's really fun when Satoshi (Ash) and Onee-chan (May/Big Sister) are together." This never occurred in the dub, but only in the Japanese version. So I assume Max wants Ash and May to be together! :)

yrRvp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom