• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

If May appeared in the next movie, how do you think it would go?
I think May's likely to be in a cameo in part of the usual prologue of the movie or maybe after the credits kinda like how the major rivals and E4 from DP showed up at the end of the 13th movie.XP Maybe somewhere in the beginning of the movie, Ash would partake in another World Tournament, we can see his old friends esp. May watching the action on TV.:3

If the pokemon anime goes 5 years without showing May, (Unlikely but hey, those guys are random with what they do it seems), will you still be an advanceshipper?

Advanceshipping has been shown to be one of the most likely shipping involving Ash, although 5 years is a long time advanceshippers should have more faith and believe it would happen, I know I will. Yes I will still be an advance shipper

Hello, everybody. I'm new to the forums, and I am a big fan of Advanceshipping.

If the pokemon anime goes 5 years without showing May, (Unlikely but hey, those guys are random with what they do it seems), will you still be an advanceshipper?
I will, but I'm honestly sad about the very slim possibility about May returning to the show in general.

Welcome! I hope you will have some good times here with us! This nation is awesome so please enjoy your stay ^_^ Any question? You can feel free to ask!

As I always say, the more people! The more fun we have! but well.. since you are new here I want to warn you about something that most newbie do wrong when they first join this nation.

1.No double posts(Yeah I used to do that as well when I first join xD)
2.No large signature(I also done that too! xD!)
3.When you are posting, make sure that it included the topic(Ex.Advanceshipping) not just some pointless thing. A little bit is okay, just make sure it did have the topic.

I guess that's enough. Hope you enjoy discussing thing with us here. Oh and by the way, we also have our own site! ADVancers - Login Check it out! Even I'm not the adminstrator there xD Just like I always say, the more people we have! The more fun we got!

Well... I had been an advanceshipping for 7 years now(This is my 7 years) so.. probably losing some hope but still have some faith since I'm a die-hard advanceshipper xD
As we all might know that Pokemon was a kid show at most point so writer probably not gonna do anything like growing up Ash until the writer changed I think.

Well.. This might be kinda off topic but they should just using old characters by now because adding new characters kinda pointless and make the story seem a bit boring since we can't get to see the character we like/love again(Maybe just some reunion but it's not enough). I want to see May again so I can go back and watch Pokemon xD

I heard that Dawn gonna stay for the rest of the black and white 2. Is that true?

I guess you could say so. The sad thing is, May has not even been mentioned since the Wallace Cup, so it's doubtful that she even reappears at this point, as sad as that is to say.

New topic.

How would the general public react to Ash and May getting together? After all, the champion of the Orange Islands and the Princess of Hoenn getting together would cause a bit of buzz, right?

I think it would be like most relationships, a bit of coverage here and there, nothing much. As long as it doesn't turn out like the Kardashian's wedding coverages, I'm fine.

Last edited:

I guess you could say so. The sad thing is, May has not even been mentioned since the Wallace Cup, so it's doubtful that she even reappears at this point, as sad as that is to say.

That is something I'm afraid of. If that does turn out to be the case, I'll be very sad and disappointed because May is one of my favorite characters in the whole show. Also, there'd be no new moments between Ash and May. Also, both Contest and Advanceshipping would eventually die out (with Contestshipping having a slight edge, sadly).

How would the general public react to Ash and May getting together? After all, the champion of the Orange Islands and the Princess of Hoenn getting together would cause a bit of buzz, right?

Advanceshippers would gloat in Contestshippers' faces. Advanceshippers would also rejoice, and Pokeshippers would stay shocked for about a week.

Despite loving this shipping, I'm often discouraged by Contestshippers of its possibility of becoming canon, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

Before they could become a couple. I think they must have been through a lots of thing before they turn out to be a couple. Because of that, most people likely gonna support them as they know how much they are close to each other even Misty probably gonna be like that as well. Sure, most of them will be shocked at first but then they definitely happy with them for being together at last xD My reply is kinda confusing.. :(

ARCEUS SAVE THE PRINCESS!!

ARCUES BLESS THE CHAMPION!!

Yes and a no. Yes, I'm still waiting for these writers to make AdvanceShipping canon. If you look at the AS Hints, clearly, It will work out just fine. No, I might just move on from Pokemon in general since I'll be in College by then and I need to focus on that. But AdvanceShipping will always be with me.

Well, If you were another Shipper's POV (PokeShipping, ContestShipping, PearlShipping, NegaiShipping, etc), you can probably guess on how you would feel. But as an AdvanceShipper, you would be totally happy and then brag to the other shippers and cause a war.

If May appeared in the next movie, how do you think it would go?

Probably like the Hoenn movies. Focusing on the main plot but dropping hints here and there.

Well, in the first episode of the BW season, they showed the Teddiursa May gave Ash when she visited. I guess that's something to cling to.

Well, in the first episode of the BW season, they showed the Teddiursa May gave Ash when she visited. I guess that's something to cling to.

they did, i never noticed that. i will always be an advancshipper though so if may doesn't show in 5 years i'll still be one

they did, i never noticed that. i will always be an advancshipper though so if may doesn't show in 5 years i'll still be one

It's literally 30 seconds or so into the episode, it's on the dresser in Ash's room to the right.

And hey, maybe she'll reappear if they make Ruby and Sapphire remakes, it's about due if you ask me...

I'm hoping May will appear as well! xD

I want to see a lot of interactions between them1

Alright, here's a question: If May were to show up for an episode, what would be the plot of it?

If May were to show up for an episode, what would be the plot of it?
She completed all of Kanto's Contests and wanted to visit Ash. I mean, theoretically it's been about 2 years since the Wallace Cup, so that's plenty of time (This is the base of my Advanceshipping fanfiction so no one get any ideas...).

Honestly, I don't know. I love the pairing, but Contestshippers have me really discouraged about its canonship as of recently. This pairing is too good to be considered "fanon."

Last edited:

Well, there's no contests in Unova so...

I think it would be hilarious if she was lost. XD

It's literally 30 seconds or so into the episode, it's on the dresser in Ash's room to the right.

And hey, maybe she'll reappear if they make Ruby and Sapphire remakes, it's about due if you ask me...

there should be a remake coming in 2013 or 2014 for that game. the episode would prob start out by ash finding may thats lost in a forest and they go on some sort of an adventure like they always do

Well with Black and White 2 recent release, Game Freak should begin the remakes

so May can return to the anime

And more Advanceshipping moments for us!

Washed ashore and lost.
"ash...come closer..."
'what is it may!! what!'
"i'm...i'm...hungry"

LMAO! XD

You know, for some reason, I can picture this happening. I'm not saying she would though, I think she's smart enough not to get lost and all, but I would find that so hilarious! xD

"May, a-are you okay?!" Ash asked frantically, bending over the hurt girl, "Is there anything I can get you, medicine? Water?"

Only one word came from May's dry and cracked lips.

"baaaaaaaacooooooonnn..."

Back
Top Bottom