• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

If May became a spoiled brat that thinks everyone were weak trainers. What would Ash's reaction be? and would he stop her?

Challenge her to a battle and beat the crap out of her team, snapping her back to her senses.

If Ash and May saw Manaphy again, and Manaphy referred to Ash as "Papa Ash," how do you think Ash and May would react?

There have been a lot of fics with Manaphy returning for some reason. And all the reactions are the same, Ash and May are all like :O

And then May would do a secret fist pump that nobody saw.

Well, the ending to Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea gave many fanfiction authors (coincedentally) hope that they'd all meet again, so they right about it.

Indeed. What I meant to say was lately, I seriously read like, three or four brand new fics with Manaphy in them, he's appearing now more than he has lately.

I suppose since May's been gone for so long, fanfiction authors have run out of ideas on how to get her back to Ash other than using Manaphy *shrugs*

If May became a spoiled brat that thinks everyone were weak trainers. What would Ash's reaction be? and would he stop her?

Ash would be shocked, and I can guarantee you that he would try to change he back to her old ways via battle. I want to see another Charizard vs Blaziken match-up! Or Sceptile vs Blaziken, either or. Other than that, the only real threats on May's team besides Blaziken is Venusaur, Wartortle (who may possibly be Blastoise now), and Glaceon.

My reaction: This is why May shouldn't have gone travelling with Drew in Johto...

...I wonder if I can answer the first question in this whole thread from 2010 since I just joined this thread...

Last edited:
If Ash and May saw Manaphy again, and Manaphy referred to Ash as "Papa Ash," how do you think Ash and May would react?

May would blush, and Ash wouldn't get it! xD

If May and Ash had more interaction with each other when they were younger, what do you think will happen?

If May and Ash had more interaction with each other when they were younger, what do you think will happen?

I would think that their relationship would go much faster because of this! Haha, I can already see a scenario where they were extremely little! Like Norman took the family over to Kanto for something, and they met then. XD It would be so cute!

Hmm, I think if Ash and May had known each other since the earlier years of their childhood, they would have had a much closer relationship during the beginnings of their journey together through Hoenn, which could make a potential romance between them blossom much quicker. On the other hand, if they were to have spent a lot of time together as kids, this might have caused them to become more like siblings rather than best-friends-turned-boyfriend-and-girlfriend, if that makes sense.

Still, it would be cute to see Ash and May as toddlers playing with each other, and then growing up together and becoming close friends, and then realizing their feelings for one another as teenagers or young adults or something xD <3

Wow, I never thought about it like that!

But I definitely agree on how nice it would be to see their slow progression from young children (maybe it would help if May held a small crush on him as a kid), to young adults in love. xD

i think that ash and may would get into a relationship faster and would travel all the regions together. also may would prob battle gyms in the first two regions at least as contest were never talked about then

also i would be nice to see the progression from a young age

If dawn got ash and may to go on there first date during the wallace cup, what would happen?

i think they would have gone to lake valor and went to the restraunt there before just going outside and watching the stars while talking on the lakefront

What would happen if Ash and May somehow read about themselves?
Ash's reaction
surprised-long-neck-surprise.png

May's reaction
me-gusta-mother-of-gusta.png

What do you think Ash and May would react if they watched the Luvdisk scene in the Water Temple movie, and then heard it's Pokedex entry?

Ash: Seems legit...

May: Very...legit...

Ash: O.O

May: Papa Ash...eh? Giggidy.F3

Ash's Reaction:

Last edited:
Welcome to all new members :) It's always a pleasure to have you join us. Enjoy your stay and may the advanceshipping spirit always be with you :)

If Ash and May were going to a fireworks festival, what would you think would happen during it?

The sparkling fireworks would light up their faces, and Ash would look over and really see May for the first time, smiling with her eyes bright and face glowing from the fireworks. Then, vice versa, May looks over and really sees Ash...except their epiphany moments would be separated by just a second, you know, to keep the current canon of course xD

Alright, here's a question (not exactly AS):

If Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle saw May's Venusaur and Wartortle, how would they react?

If Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle saw May's Venusaur and Wartortle, how would they react?
Y'know I have to admit but I love reaction topics.:-D

Bulbasaur
sad-forever-alone.png

Squirtle
*comforts Bulbasaur after seeing Venusaur*
sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

Here's a new topic we can discuss: If/when Ash and May confess their feelings for one another, do you think it would happen when they are alone or in front of their friends?

I can think of a few different cute/funny scenarios for both options, but right now I'm actually leaning towards a public, possibly even accidental confession in front of a group of their friends, followed by immense blushing and a chorus of "Oooohhhs!", and then concluded with a private and more romantic conversation about said confession :)

Last edited:
If/when Ash and May confess their feelings for one another, do you think it would happen when they are alone or in front of their friends?

It would be really funny if one of them accidentally blurted it out on accident in front of everyone, but I think it would be more romantic if it were in private! XD

So it depends on my mood, because I like both scenarios

if ash and may got married what season would they get married in, or what time of year do you see them confessing their feelings?

I think it would be in march!! They'd be in a garden or something with a cute, small wedding!! XD

I think they'd confess in fall because that's the season of change!! XD

What season would they get married in, or what time of year do you see them confessing their feelings?

Let's see............ For

Summer: June. The beginning of summer has arrived so it's time for Ash and May to have fun in the sun!!!

Autumn: August. The air is crisp and the leaves are beginning to fall off. It's a perfect time for Ash and May to confess, with the delectable colors of the leaves and the fresh autumn smell!

Winter: December. Christmas time all around! Time for gifts, family,friends, and ROMANCE!!!! Who knows? Under all the cold, there's a fiery passion for each other!

Spring: March. The flowers are begiing to bloom and their smell is intoxicating!!! Hidden feelings might bloom with the beautiful flowers and their beauty and smell.

Back
Top Bottom