• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Which movie has the best Advance hints other than movie nine?

i would think movie #6 would be the next best as in #7 may and ash weren't together much at all. in movie number #8 they travel together but there aren't any moments between them. in number #6 when may gets taken by the groudon ash looks really sad. he looks more sad then when anyone else got taken. also for the wish thing it didn't say anything but it could easily have been for her and ash to get together

If Ash and May had a child, would the kid become a coordinator or a trainer or both and why
I think if Ash and May had a daughter, she would become a Trainer like Ash. I just imagine her being a complete daddy's girl and then wanting to follow in Ash's footsteps once she begins her own Pokemon journey.

On the flip side, if they had a son, I would love to see him as a Coordinator, inspired by May's accomplishments in the Contest field!

It'd be interesting to see any more of their kids branch off and do new things as well. Like, I think it'd be awesome if they had another child, boy or girl, that became a researcher or a professor! :)

Awww, I see what you're saying Sara! That's so true! xD

What article of clothing symbolizes Advanceshipping the most

I say Ash's hat! :D I don't know, but after I wrote my one fic, "His Hat and May" I'm just not sure what other piece of clothing would represent them (unless the Terracotta ribbon is included, lol). Maybe May's bandana? xD

What article of clothing symbolizes Advanceshipping the most

i say it would be ash''s hat. this is a diffucult question to answer though

Omg, I just thought of something! xD What about gloves! :D May was the only girl to wear gloves, like Ash does! That could work! I want to write something about gloves now, lol.

i would think movie #6 would be the next best as in #7 may and ash weren't together much at all. in movie number #8 they travel together but there aren't any moments between them. in number #6 when may gets taken by the groudon ash looks really sad. he looks more sad then when anyone else got taken. also for the wish thing it didn't say anything but it could easily have been for her and ash to get together

I think May making her wish, and then look straight down at Ash in movie #6 was implied by the writers to be an Advanceshipping hint, but it was never thought to be one by fans because it was rather minor. I, however, am glad to see another AS'er bring that up. I thought I was the only one who believed in that hint.

In my opinion, the most AS action happens in the movies...specifically #6 and #9.

What article of clothing symbolizes Advanceshipping the most?

May's bikini. And I'm not taking no for an answer!

Hmm...I wanna say the Lucario Movie. When Ash picked the time flower for May xD

What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

i think maybe may can make an apperance in east unova near the end of it for a few episodes as she was just on a vacation or something like that

If ash and may went to a bar and got drunk, what would they do?

Last edited:
What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Ash and co would be waiting for May to arrive, but then Ash realizes he lost his half of the ribbon, so he has to go on a big search for it until May comes and searches for Ash along with everyone else. xD

If/when Ash and May confess their feelings for one another, do you think it would happen when they are alone or in front of their friends?

I can picture it being in private. Also, May would be the one taking the initiative. Ash would have some dense reaction, then a shocked reaction, then he'd blush.

What season would they get married in, or what time of year do you see them confessing their feelings?

Either the month in which Get the Show on The Road premiered (in Japan) or December. When I say December, I mean the anniversary of their kiss under the mistletoe (I consider it canon since it was aired in Japan, although quickly recalled).

Fun Fact: Kiss Under the Mistletoe was never a real episode, it's some fake rumor that's been circulating around the netz...:p

The Mystery of Mew episode and the Deoxys movie. May prevents Ash from getting into fights with that kid and with lucario

If/when Ash and May confess their feelings for one another, do you think it would happen when they are alone or in front of their friends?

I can picture it being in private. Also, May would be the one taking the initiative. Ash would have some dense reaction, then a shocked reaction, then he'd blush.

What season would they get married in, or what time of year do you see them confessing their feelings?

Either the month in which Get the Show on The Road premiered (in Japan) or December. When I say December, I mean the anniversary of their kiss under the mistletoe (I consider it canon since it was aired in Japan, although quickly recalled).

Fun Fact: Kiss Under the Mistletoe was never a real episode, it's some fake rumor that's been circulating around the netz...:p

"Bullsh*t, you didn't convince me!"
-Gunnery SGT Hartman

Nah, just kidding. Seriously though, that disappoints me. The same thing happened when Pokeshippers made that Misty+Ash picture.

I really want to watch Japanese episodes online, but I can't find it anywhere. The original pokemon episodes in Japanese have AS moments that were stripped by the dub (at least that's what I've heard :p).

Last edited:

I'm sorry to tell you, but it was a real episode a girl in Japan actually posted that it was real 'cause she saw it herself. I forgot the website but I saw it with my own eyes. it was real!!! although the bad news are, it was a "one time thing" that never came back ever! but i'm still looking for it in youtube. Oh if you wish to see the best videos of AS check her channel she's a friend of mine here Sapphiiree1 she's my best AS maker!!!!

I'm sorry to tell you, but it was a real episode a girl in Japan actually posted that it was real 'cause she saw it herself. I forgot the website but I saw it with my own eyes. it was real!!! although the bad news are, it was a "one time thing" that never came back ever! but i'm still looking for it in youtube. Oh if you wish to see the best videos of AS check her channel she's a friend of mine here Sapphiiree1 she's my best AS maker!!!!

Really? Wow... I hope I seen it though but then again.. If that episode was real then Ash and May interaction should have been changed or somehow having a memories about the time under the mistletoe together. Or else it was writer mistake or some kind of secret episode though. In short, they should have been couple by now if that really happened.

To me.. Every movies have hints. Movie 6 May's wish was still remained secret though. All of us wondered what she wish but then again.. We all have no clue.
Movie 7 Was when May trying to calm Ash down. Ash was never calm down this fast if it wasn't May so yeah.. And a boy also had a crush on May. How sweet she was!
Movie 8 For the second time, May calm Ash down by running into the liver to stop Ash fighting against Lucario and Ash suddenly calm himself in a second when May calm him down.

And I'm not gonna included Pokemon mastermind mirage because I can't remember that movie xD

As we can see, May and Max got their main role in the movies while Brock,Dawn and Misty didn't and I'm not gonna included Iris because I never watch Black and white movies. Isn't it suspicious? Why only two of them got main role beside Ash? Hmmm...

If ash and may went to a bar and got drunk, what would they do?

I'm not gonna answer this since you all know what I'm thinking... (18+) :)

May:Ash! I got cameo and get to see you again!
Ash:Hell yeah! Now! Go pikachu! Thunderbolt!
May:Yeahh!! Uh...? Wait.. what..!!?
Pikachu:pika!! CHUUU!!
May:Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Ash:Way to go pal!
Pikachu:pika!
May:Are you.. try to kill me..?
Ash:Hmmm.. Nope! I just want to do something funny :)

Just kidding! Well.. I had no idea actually xD

heres a couple questions. i'll answer them in a bit

if Ash were a romantic type (as if that could ever happen xD), what song/poem do you think he'd recite to May?

What would be the names of Ash and May's child?

No, it is not real. I'm not sure what you saw, but this girl in Japan lied to you if she said it was a real thing.

No, it is not real. I'm not sure what you saw, but this girl in Japan lied to you if she said it was a real thing.

Not to make an argument but where's your proof I mean she SAW it with her own eyes. here's my proof on the internet this is why there are no shippings blame the parents scroll down to see the answer here Why did ash kiss may in episode 357 here, Witch episode did ash kiss may and here Which Pokemon episode did Ash kiss May Now you know why we there are no shippings if the parents didn't complain AS would be canon already for 3 regions and a more proof http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090329155714AA1iN8l I could go on all day but not gonna here's a vid made by sapphiiree1 link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vavi62RAvR4&feature=plcp watch all here -> http://www.youtube.com/user/SaPpHiiRee1/videos

Last edited:
Not to make an argument but where's your proof I mean she SAW it with her own eyes. here's my proof on the internet this is why there are no shippings blame the parents scroll down to see the answer here Why did ash kiss may in episode 357 here, Witch episode did ash kiss may and here Which Pokemon episode did Ash kiss May Now you know why we there are no shippings if the parents didn't complain AS would be canon already for 3 regions and a more proof Is there a pokemon episode were may and ash kiss? - Yahoo! Answers I could go on all day but not gonna here's a vid made by sapphiiree1 link [AdvanceShipping] Because YOU live ♥ // For KasumiAngel94 - YouTube watch all here -> 19 Days ♥ - YouTube

No, that scene never happened and WikiAnswers is NOT proof because ANYONE can answer them (including people who don't know what they're talking about).

There is no documented proof by any reputable source that that episode existed. And trust me, if it really did air, I'm sure there'd be a LOT more hype in the Japanese fandom over it.

And sapphiiree1 is an AMV editor...she's able to manipulate scenes and pictures so that they fit in her music videos (she also happens to be one of my friends on YT and tumblr, and I can vouch for her skills).

But just because something isn't canon in the show doesn't make it any less of a ship. Instead of arguing what's canon, why not talk about what COULD be and the cute moments that have already happened? Because that's what shipping's about.

May: Let's have a ramen eating contest
Ash: Hells yeah let's do it

(they stuff themselves)

May: I'm not feeling too well
(Throws up on Ash)

Ash: Eww..

Not to make an argument but where's your proof I mean she SAW it with her own eyes. here's my proof on the internet this is why there are no shippings blame the parents scroll down to see the answer here Why did ash kiss may in episode 357 here, Witch episode did ash kiss may and here Which Pokemon episode did Ash kiss May Now you know why we there are no shippings if the parents didn't complain AS would be canon already for 3 regions and a more proof Is there a pokemon episode were may and ash kiss? - Yahoo! Answers I could go on all day but not gonna here's a vid made by sapphiiree1 link [AdvanceShipping] Because YOU live ♥ // For KasumiAngel94 - YouTube watch all here -> 19 Days ♥ - YouTube

No, that scene never happened and WikiAnswers is NOT proof because ANYONE can answer them (including people who don't know what they're talking about).

There is no documented proof by any reputable source that that episode existed. And trust me, if it really did air, I'm sure there'd be a LOT more hype in the Japanese fandom over it.

And sapphiiree1 is an AMV editor...she's able to manipulate scenes and pictures so that they fit in her music videos (she also happens to be one of my friends on YT and tumblr, and I can vouch for her skills).

But just because something isn't canon in the show doesn't make it any less of a ship. Instead of arguing what's canon, why not talk about what COULD be and the cute moments that have already happened? Because that's what shipping's about.

okay okay sheesh!! but that's behind us anyway here's a new topic

If Ash and May got married and had a family. what would Ash do if Norman was Ash's father real fater!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom