• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Do you believe there is a chance of May ever returning to the anime? If so, how do you also feel about possible AS hints if she does reappear?

Well, there may be a small chance, but I'm really hoping that she returns because of the r/s/e remakes! If she does appear in the anime, I would think it'd be cool if she went to visit Ash or to go retrieve something that you can only get in Unova! xD Oh, maybe she could stay for more than one episode or something! I'd want another episode where Ash loses the ribbon, so he has to search for it before May gets there. At the end of the episode she finally arrives, and Ash still hasn't found the ribbon, or something like that, lol. I'm not sure. xD

Do you believe there is a chance of May ever returning to the anime? If so, how do you also feel about possible AS hints if she does reappear?

I have to agree with wubbzy. It would be interesting to see how much he care his ribbon until now and how May care Ash's and her ribbons as well.

Or maybe... May come back with MANAPHY! And save the temple once more! THEN! MAY GONNA FELL IN LOVE WITH ASH BECAUSE ASH GONNA SHOW HOW MUCH HE CARE FOR MAY BY SAVING THE TEMPLE TOGETHER!

and then... May gonna come back to traveling with Ash once again! FOREVER!

When they remake ruby and saphire they will have to bring may back :) and a few hints that i would like placed into the show is her and ash's ribbon, the handshake, and well may telling ash she loves him ehehe XD

Also i took you're advice and hopefully i made an improvement on my video, actually the video has been changed so much that it could be considered a new one :O

When they remake ruby and saphire they will have to bring may back :) and a few hints that i would like placed into the show is her and ash's ribbon, the handshake, and well may telling ash she loves him ehehe XD

Also i took you're advice and hopefully i made an improvement on my video, actually the video has been changed so much that it could be considered a new one :O

I only said that you only had to take out the flashes....

I was thinking. If May and Ash battled as of now (with Ash having some of his older pokemon), who would win? Ash's Infernape vs May's Blaziken? Just curious...

Last edited:

I only said that you only had to take out the flashes....

I was thinking. If May and Ash battled as of now (with Ash having some of his older pokemon), who would win? Ash's Infernape vs May's Blaziken? Just curious...

Oh dear god :( i left out 1 effect in the middle of the video... now to restart again :'( and infernape vs blaziken would be amazing ;)

Well, as everyone had previously stated with the hinted(?) coming of the R/S/E remakes I hope May would be making a reappearance, as well as bringing a bunch of Advanceshipping interactions with her. :) I like the concept of the whole Ash losing his half of the ribbon and going frantic in his search to find it. I'd also like a subtly indirect confession-y kind of statement from the missed coordinator, perhaps something along the lines of her stating how much traveling alone has helped her become stronger but it isn't the same without her friends (Especially without Ash! ;D ) with a mixed expression. Ash would then probably enter in and say something along the lines of "Friends are always together, no matter where you go. I'll always be with you, May. ( The others, of course, would also agree with his statement and say the same. )"

Ash, in accordance to the anime should deep and strong connection with May and I'd really to see that side played a little more, even if displayed very subtly. He was there when she first started her journey, when she had no interest in Pokemon at all and only used them as an excuse to travel. What did he then do? He travelled with her, mentored her and taught her his ways then wouldn't you guess it, the girl's life revolves around a love for Pokemon and contests! xD

In an anime like Pokemon where the importance of friendship is usually attempted to be taught to the viewers, I want to see more realistic interactions with FEELING. If I had a friend where I've saved her life, was ready to drown and DIE in attempt to save her, went out of my way to teach her how to view something she formerly loathed with enough love and passion to revolve her life around it and she left...I wouldn't just say goodbye casually. If she came back after I haven't gotten to see her in a while (Wallace Cup), I wouldn't just give a "Hey" or "Hi". If you look at the friendship between Ash and May they should be at least each other's best friend (Even thought we know they have the hots for each other XD ). I want to see a more concentrated amount of time of interactions between those two if she came to visit and I would like the depth of the moments to match the depth of their friendships.

Well, that's how I feel about possible AS hints should she make a reappearance. :DDD

Well, as everyone had previously stated with the hinted(?) coming of the R/S/E remakes I hope May would be making a reappearance, as well as bringing a bunch of Advanceshipping interactions with her. :) I like the concept of the whole Ash losing his half of the ribbon and going frantic in his search to find it. I'd also like a subtly indirect confession-y kind of statement from the missed coordinator, perhaps something along the lines of her stating how much traveling alone has helped her become stronger but it isn't the same without her friends (Especially without Ash! ;D ) with a mixed expression. Ash would then probably enter in and say something along the lines of "Friends are always together, no matter where you go. I'll always be with you, May. ( The others, of course, would also agree with his statement and say the same. )"

Ash, in accordance to the anime should deep and strong connection with May and I'd really to see that side played a little more, even if displayed very subtly. He was there when she first started her journey, when she had no interest in Pokemon at all and only used them as an excuse to travel. What did he then do? He travelled with her, mentored her and taught her his ways then wouldn't you guess it, the girl's life revolves around a love for Pokemon and contests! xD

In an anime like Pokemon where the importance of friendship is usually attempted to be taught to the viewers, I want to see more realistic interactions with FEELING. If I had a friend where I've saved her life, was ready to drown and DIE in attempt to save her, went out of my way to teach her how to view something she formerly loathed with enough love and passion to revolve her life around it and she left...I wouldn't just say goodbye casually. If she came back after I haven't gotten to see her in a while (Wallace Cup), I wouldn't just give a "Hey" or "Hi". If you look at the friendship between Ash and May they should be at least each other's best friend (Even thought we know they have the hots for each other XD ). I want to see a more concentrated amount of time of interactions between those two if she came to visit and I would like the depth of the moments to match the depth of their friendships.

Well, that's how I feel about possible AS hints should she make a reappearance. :DDD

I too like the idea of Ash losing his half of the ribbon upon her arrival, and going frantic trying to find it, showing the audience and other characters the significance of the ribbon, and possibly also the symbolism behind it.
Also, after getting reaquainted with each other, May and Ash would spend more time with each other, with Cilan or Iris (or possibly the Gen. 6 characters, depending on the R/S/E remakes) being somewhat left behind.
Although I'd like May to stay a main character, she'd probably only stay from 3-5 episodes, but let's not be pessimistic.

Last edited:

Well I agree with all about the losing the ribbon thingy. It would be fun seeing Ash franticly finding the ribbon they won, and in the end when May arrives she admits thatshe lost the ribbon too. But little do they know that Pikachu and Glaceon were the ones who took them! XD hahah!! Oh and @Princess of hoenn. could you make a banner about Ash saying sorry for letting May go!!

Oh. And what was that website about the advanceshipping contests thingy? Was it advancersunite.com? Something like that.

Last edited:

Well I agree with all about the losing the ribbon thingy. It would be fun seeing Ash franticly finding the ribbon they won, and in the end when May arrives she admits thatshe lost the ribbon too. But little do they know that Pikachu and Glaceon were the ones who took them! XD hahah!! Oh and @Princess of hoenn. could you make a banner about Ash saying sorry for letting May go!!

Oh. And what was that website about the advanceshipping contests thingy? Was it advancersunite.com? Something like that.

I personally would like it better if May kept her ribbon, I think it would display her affection for Ash better...

Also, (minor question) is there a shipping between Glaceon/Eevee and Pikachu? I've seen some of the shipping, but not the fans. Could be another parallel shipping to Advanceshipping.

Last edited:

I would've liked it better if May kept her ribbon, I think it would display her affection for Ash better...

Also, (minor question) is there a shipping between Glaceon/Eevee and Pikachu? I've seen some of the shipping, but not the fans. Could be another parallel shipping to Advanceshipping.

Hmm. I don't know. Let's google it! so does anybody know what the other advanceshipping website is it's the one where you participate in a fanfiction contest. anybody?

I would've liked it better if May kept her ribbon, I think it would display her affection for Ash better...

Hmm. I don't know. Let's google it! so does anybody know what the other advanceshipping website is it's the one where you participate in a fanfiction contest. anybody?

I do know... maybe?

ADVancers - Login Might be this one... Or maybe I'm wrong?

I have never checked it for a long time now.. Kinda busy with gaming xD

Anyway.. New topic? Anyone? My brain can't think of anything..

Okay new topic

If There was a contestshipper and he asked you to give him ten good advanceshipping reasons of why he should change to Advanceshipping what would you do?

Im too lazy to answer my own topic. XD

If There was a contestshipper and he asked you to give him ten good advanceshipping reasons of why he should change to Advanceshipping what would you do?

Though I usually advise against trying to convert someone, for the sake of answering the topic I suppose I can list a few reasons why they may CONSIDER Advanceshipping. Keep in mind these are my opinions and reasons.

1) It gives May character.

I always loved May's deep persona, the way she'd do whatever it took to protect something she cared about, hold onto her dream no matter what- even if someone is constantly putting her down and how she learned to love (Yes. Love.) and look at the positive no matter how bleak from Ash. I myself would lose all respect for her if she chose Drew. Ash had been there for her since day 1 encouraging her whereas when Drew first met her he put her down constantly if memory serves correct. Drew only stopped being a prick when May became noticeable in the coordinator world (With her friends supporting her every step of the way). Would she really lower herself and pick the guy that used to out her down over the guy that took her under his wing from the very beginning? If so, I'll gladly drop advanceshipping just because of the pure shallowness that decision would exhibit to my eyes.

2) Norman allows Ash to travel with May AND Max. (I can't remember if Norman told Max to tag along or if Max just chose to. Either works!)

Alright, I understand he could've sent Max to protect May or perhaps protect Ash incase May's intentions were far too vulgar ( XD ) but even if that's true the fact that you'd allow a random KID to watch over both of your children wandering the entire REGION should hint that he feels the kid can be trusted.

3) Guy who can manipulate aura > guy who tosses Roses.

'Nuff said.

4) Gary is the better rival figure.

10 year old that drives a car filled with cheerleaders atleast 5 or 6+ years than him > Guy that tosses roses. I've always wanted arrogant Kanto Gary to face off against arrogant Hoenn Drew. (Surprisingly enough, I DON'T hate Drew. He became tolerable and a little more polite in BF but I hate CS, you can't be a total arse then be a nice guy and suddenly get the girls. Drew pulled a Gary, arrogant for one whole region then came out out of nowhere being a nice guy. Gary is fine since he DIDN'T GO OFF TRYING TO CHARM A GIRL'S HEART THAT HE USED TO PUT DOWN WHEN HE WAS AN ARSEHOLE.)

5) More natural looking babies.

....What? o.o It's true.

6) He stole the rose fetish from James. Which I miss him doing.

7) Drew's Cocky.

When he lectured Ash about being a poor battler when he beat Ash's Tailow with his starter. Despite Tailow having the advantage, that was Tailow's very first battle under Ash if I recall....What if Ash chose to bring his Johto team and Drew challenged him? Charizard vs Roselia, anyone?

8) I'd find it more entertaining if Max AND BROCK AND MISTY AND ALL OF PALLET AND PETALBURG teased Ash and May about being together than the teasings May would have to go through about being with Drew.

9) Ash went through the normally awkward process of meeting the girl's family like a boss.

10) Even Ash's mommy seems ok with it from my view. I wonder what Delia and May were talking about before Ash caught up with May?

Ok, so as ridiculous and not serious as these reasons may be, I was serious about reasons 1, 4, 5, 6 and 8.
Sorry, exhaustion and lack of caffeine will mind rape you. :mallet: :boom:

I'm not giving ten reasons, as I pretty much agree with Ash Ketchum (wait a minute...), but I have this to say: Drew's a cardboard cut-out of Gary. Also, the whole plot behind Contestshipping is just so cliche IMO.

Ash and May have better chemistry to add to that.

I'm not giving ten reasons, as I pretty much agree with Ash Ketchum (wait a minute...), but I have this to say: Drew's a cardboard cut-out of Gary. Also, the whole plot behind Contestshipping is just so cliche IMO.

Ash and May have better chemistry to add to that.

I know I know this topic is pointless I was brain-storming so how about a change of plan?

If you would have a chance to change one scene in the temple of sea movie what would it be?

I would make May hug Ash after he saved the temple and get mad at him for doing it on his own, and when he would explain she would kiss him and tell him not to do it again. Then they would live happily ever after. XD

Yeah, yeah my explaination is not specific!

Maybe, again i highly doubt RS remakes are coming but I am looking forward to May's Johto Expedition Johto contests just to have as check up on her progress and maybe drop a few hints like holding onto the terracotta ribbon and maybe gambling it w/ her rivals over a poker game and chowing down all the food makes her think of Ash, LAWL IDK!XP Also a Pallet reunion where a barbeque is involved and we see Ash and May's expressions as in drooling over the hamburgers.

Drew and Contestshipping have nothing to do with Advanceshipping. Please stop bringing them up.

Okayy guys i finished the video :) just don't expect it to look anything like my draft copy from before :)

hehe

[video=youtube;UUdtOPHGcGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUdtOPHGcGY[/video]

Hope you guys liek it, i think i'm addicted to making advanceshipping amv's :O i'm already on another one, this will be the last one i post here though, i know everytime i link you guys one this section goes off topic and it's a bother :) but i will keep making them :p

If you would have a chance to change one scene in the temple of sea movie what would it be?

during the 9th movie where ash locks may into the chamber, while putting may in there she grabs ash's hand and say's never give up and gives him a kiss on the cheek :)

Last edited:

I personally think kissing is too much (they're still 10 years old), so I would change two scenes.

1. I would focus the Luvdisc scene more on Ash and May (It already was, but also questionable to other shippers), and add in blushing.

2. "I would make May hug Ash after he saved the temple and get mad at him for doing it on his own." - ketchummaple
Pretty much this.

1) When Manaphy switches Jackie's and Ash's bodies, Manaphy feels more comfortable in Ash's arms...It'd be pretty cool if Manaphy called him papa. :DD

2) if number 1 happened...-insert consistent teases from Max towards May throughout the movie and one very vulgar yet kid friendly joke from Brock-

3) The whole May getting pissed off at Ash from almost dying and hugging him (VERY VERY TIGHTLY) out of relief.

4) When Manaphy sent May's prayers(?) to Ash, I want to know what she was thinking about. I don't expect a big sobby confession (Though it'd be nice for us! xD)

5) Pokemon Ranger Jackie Walker asking why did Manaphy think May was mama and Ash was papa, though he'd know all along and just want to tease the two. ( On a side note: I liked Jackie, he was a very cool character. It'd be cool to see him again.)

Back
Top Bottom