• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

How do you feel about Advanceshipping right now? Losing hope? Nothing? May never come back? Ash being dense and turn into 10?
Most of the time, I'm 100% sure of AdvanceShipping, and how it makes the most sense, ect. but sometimes, I kind of lose hope. I start thinking, what if Ash never ends up with anyone? What if he ends up with Misty or someone else? Or maybe May never will come back? Stuff like that. But most of the time, I'm stuck in a state of AdvanceShipping obsessiveness. And I mean really obsessed, like, it's-all-I-ever-think-about and it's-all-I-ever-dream-about obsessed. Sorry for creeping you out, lol. x'D
Oh, yeah. Sorry for the long post...but, um, most of the time I'm pretty sure about AdvanceShipping, but I have creeping suspicions that I'm wrong sometimes. But, whatever. It's Pokemon, right? No need to get obsessed about it........o_o
*EDIT: Yes, this place is dead. Really dead. ='/

How do you feel about Advanceshipping right now? Losing hope? Nothing? May never come back? Ash being dense and turn into 10?
Most of the time, I'm 100% sure of AdvanceShipping, and how it makes the most sense, ect. but sometimes, I kind of lose hope. I start thinking, what if Ash never ends up with anyone? What if he ends up with Misty or someone else? Or maybe May never will come back? Stuff like that. But most of the time, I'm stuck in a state of AdvanceShipping obsessiveness. And I mean really obsessed, like, it's-all-I-ever-think-about and it's-all-I-ever-dream-about obsessed. Sorry for creeping you out, lol. x'D
Oh, yeah. Sorry for the long post...but, um, most of the time I'm pretty sure about AdvanceShipping, but I have creeping suspicions that I'm wrong sometimes. But, whatever. It's Pokemon, right? No need to get obsessed about it........o_o
*EDIT: Yes, this place is dead. Really dead. ='/

We still have a chance for May to return. If the R/S Remakes come out, Its possible May might make a cameo or maybe show up at the World Tournament. Better yet, I would rather see all of Ash's friends show up at the World Tournament.

hvQif.png

If you look at the right, you can see May's gift to Ash.
So I'm sure the writers haven't forgotten about May.

EDIT: Yeah, this thread is dead. Where did everyone else go? :/
Well at least we still have the Serebii AdvanceShipping thread being active now.

I literally just noticed that like two seconds before I saw that picture o_O
That's a relief. Now my Advance passion is renewed! *starts glowing epicly*
I really hope they actually do make a remake out of R/S. That would be awesome. Except I don't watch B/W episodes, so I'd be way outdated and have no idea what's going on o_O
*There's an active Advance thread?!?!? :DDDD

I literally just noticed that like two seconds before I saw that picture o_O
That's a relief. Now my Advance passion is renewed! *starts glowing epicly*
I really hope they actually do make a remake out of R/S. That would be awesome. Except I don't watch B/W episodes, so I'd be way outdated and have no idea what's going on o_O
*There's an active Advance thread?!?!? :DDDD

That's why I am watching BW! ^^
Plus, the World Tournament sounds interesting. So that's why I'm staying tuned to see what's going to happen.

Kind of active! xD
But at least people are still posting. Because I remember that thread being at 100+ pages and never more. Since my lack of time being on Serebii, the thread has reached over 200+ pages.
I don't know where the rest of the AdvanceShippers are at.

Just reminder that this isn't a social group and that every post must contain something relative to the thread, whether it be a topic, an answer to a topic, or more general shipping discussion.

Would Ash repeat a region to travel with May again?
Hm....not really...:T By Pokemon anime-logic, Ash will always go to a new region only b/c the writers wanted to promote the new games w/ the exception of Kanto since they wanted to promote both FRLG/Emerald at the time.:p I guess it depends if May wanna tag along.:p

Hm. I see we're a bit down lately. No worries, chin up everyone :)

It would be a lie if I said I wasn't losing hope, but at the same time, I know that I will never give up on this shipping. Hope is just a distraction after all- as long as we keep Ash and May in our hearts and remember Advanceshipping as a glorious time in our lives, then we will never disappear :) And besides, the writers haven't forgotten us...as previously mentioned, the Teddiursa figurine is a nice nudge toward our ship. So, if anything, me losing hope for Advanceshipping is only fueling my resistance towards keeping it alive. <3

I don't see why not. Though, perhaps when they travel the second time around, they'll switch places...Ash will try contests and May will try gym battles, haha xD

How about a new topic to spice things up a bit?

What type of snack food do you think best describes Advanceshipping?

or

Imagine an alternate Ash and May first meeting.

Ah yes, and I also just wrote a new Advanceshipping fanfiction for the July contest: It's called Paperback: Paperback Chapter 1: Part I: Before, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction If you would check it out and leave me some feedback, I'd be so grateful :) It basically explores one of the topics we've mentioned, about what Ash and May would be like in the future :) Thanks!

[/shameless advertising]

How do you feel about Advanceshipping right now?

Concerning the Ship itself, nothing much has changed for a couple of years now. Concerning the AS community, losing a little hope. We've been down on activity. But I'm sure that will change sooner or later.

Well, no worries - we always experience lulls like this. A month of activity...three months of inactivity...then a sudden 2 week burst of super activity...we'll pull through this, like we always do :) Advanceshipping is like the ocean - erratic, unpredictable, but eternal <3

For some reason, I'm thinking Fig Newtons. Apparently, they are very nostalgic.

Twizzlers. It's kind of a "red string" thing. Plus they can reenact the spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp.

Reeces. Peanut butter and Chocolate mix together so well.

Never lose hope in Advanceshipping, though winners may have come and gone- We will carry on. (Ah, I loved that opening.)

Anything sweet but ESPECIALLY chocolate covered strawberries. I always saw Advanceshipping to be the ideal love, it can be a friendly, casual and cute love at times but also escalate to be a hot, fiery and passionate love (Oh dear me...>//>). The chocolate covered strawberries fit that image in my head...Whether they share some just randomly relaxing in the park/Pokemon Center/wherever with/without the crew, or biting one from the mouth of the other as the prompt to initiate a 'passionate event' (I think they'd make great super happy fun time! xD), I can see it fit for both of them. The sweet innocence of the strawberry with the passionate desire of the chocolate...I think that suits up Ash + May.

@princess of hoenn you're new fanfic was very nice. sorry for the delay guys had a hard week.

I would want that to happen. There's no reason why not, and besides they haven't seen each other for 2 years, they would want to (my P.O.V).

I agree with @Ash ketchum 100%, seeing how sweet the strawberry is and how the dark creamy sensation the chocolate gives. the chocolate would help the strawberry become nicer, sweeter, juicier and more tasty. both would make a spectacular combination. saying that makes me hungry. FOOD O__O

Well, that kind of happened in the Kanto region with the Battle Frontier, but that was because they were promoting FireRed/LeafGreen. I don't think that he would ever travel to a previous region for the sole purpose of joining up with her, but still...maybe they will travel again in Hoenn, if Ruby/Sapphire remakes ever do come out. We can always hope. :D I'm guessing if they do come out, they will release sometime around 2013 or 2015, if they follow the same pattern of the re-released games (judging from my memory x'D IDK if that's entirely correct or not) But, hopefully they will, and they'll at least have May visit him or something. >:D

And as for the food thing, I totally agree with the chocolate strawberry suggestion. Even though I've never had chocolate strawberries o_O They sound fitting, though. ^^

Well, that kind of happened in the Kanto region with the Battle Frontier, but that was because they were promoting FireRed/LeafGreen. I don't think that he would ever travel to a previous region for the sole purpose of joining up with her, but still...maybe they will travel again in Hoenn, if Ruby/Sapphire remakes ever do come out. We can always hope. :D I'm guessing if they do come out, they will release sometime around 2013 or 2015, if they follow the same pattern of the re-released games (judging from my memory x'D IDK if that's entirely correct or not) But, hopefully they will, and they'll at least have May visit him or something. >:D

And as for the food thing, I totally agree with the chocolate strawberry suggestion. Even though I've never had chocolate strawberries o_O They sound fitting, though. ^^

Wow, I just realized that. Maybe she'll make a cameo, or maybe she might stay for like one season, like in BF.

What song fits (or reminds you of) AdvanceShipping?
For me, I would probably have to say....
- A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton - IDK why, but it just reminds me of AdvanceShipping for some reason. I think I'm going crazy xD
*edit: or maybe it just reminds me of it b/c it's on my signature picture so it's following me o_O (creepy stalker pic) D:<

Wow, I just realized that. Maybe she'll make a cameo, or maybe she might stay for like one season, like in BF.

Dawn is returning in Best Wishes Season 2. Not sure If she returns as main cast because It seems like she's in the opening, so I assume she is returning as main cast. But If she does stay until the end of BW, Its possible Misty and May might have their time to return as main cast.

It depends. I would like another Battle Frontier arc. Maybe in Johto or Hoenn? Although, It could become repetitive since Ash already visited the region.

Erm, yeah. AdvanceShipping.. *cough* >:p
Yeah, it would probably happen in Johto or Hoenn. Probably Hoenn, though, because May is currently already traveling in Johto. Or maybe they won't do another Battle Frontier arc at all, and they might just do a cameo or something. Probably. IDK. Or maybe Ash will travel back to Petalburg in order to battle Max, like he promised (he promised a lot of things Q_Q), and then he'll see May. >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, about Max. I wonder if they'll have a cameo of him sometimes in BW and have him mention how much May misses him and their ribbon keeps her strong :p

Back
Top Bottom