• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

That would be awesome. Then Iris would be like, "Who's May?" and then he would have to talk about her and how she was a great friend and stuff. >:D
But if Max comes back, wouldn't that mean that he got older so that he could be a Pokemon trainer, and that would mean that Ash got older too? Maybe we'd find out how old Ash really is, or if he's still a little kid...which he probably is. *sigh* He'll probably be a little kid forever and have no interest in love whatsoever. It's horrible! *dies*

Hey guys, just a little note that it's all good and fine to discuss the other characters, but only in how it would relate to Advanceshipping. We have a whole anime forum if you want to talk about Dawn, Iris, opening themes, their battles, etc. Thanks.

Chocolate covered strawberries, huh?

ADVchocolatestrawberries.png

Nice choice @Ash Ketchum. ;) Here's some (quick and sloppy orz) GIMP art just to lighten this place up a bit :) I can just imagine this happening...Ash and May feeding each other messy chocolate covered strawberries <3

...and I'll throw in a banner too...

Advanceshipping106PAINT.png

Changing my style up a bit here. I dunno if I like this better or not xD

@ketchummaple - aww, thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked the story :)

Would Ash repeat a region to travel with May again?

Unfortunately, I don't think May would be enough of a motive for Ash to repeat a region (as dense as he is after all). However, if May does what she did in Kanto (following Ash even though she was unaware of the contests there, presumably) and purposely invited Ash to travel with her again, I don't see why he would refuse. And of course, there is always the meeting-by-coincedence-again sort of deal, which at that point I think they would travel together again too, just to relive old memories.

@princess of hoenn
lol...chocolate strawberries xD Nice banners >:D (you make mine look like kitty-litter x'P)
And, yeah, there wouldn't be any reason for Ash to say no, since she's his friend...unless he was in the the middle of collecting his gym badges or something. :eek:
And did you guys know? Bulbapedia added the B&W hint :D

@princess of hoenn
lol...chocolate strawberries xD Nice banners >:D (you make mine look like kitty-litter x'P)
And, yeah, there wouldn't be any reason for Ash to say no, since she's his friend...unless he was in the the middle of collecting his gym badges or something. :eek:

Good, good. Everything is going according to my design...

If Ash and May battled again, what would the outcome be and how would it effect AS? (May: Glaceon, Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle, Beautifly) (Ash: Pikachu, Torterra, Swellow, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Infernape)

@princess of hoenn
I just checked It! ^_^

In The Shadow of Zekrom!

In Ash's room, along with his Orange League trophy and other objects, is the wooden Teddiursa doll that Ash recieved from May as a present in the Sinnoh region. It can be noted that, aside from trophies and various other awards, the doll is the only gift from one of his traveling companions that is visible (meaning that other gifts, such as Misty's special lure, are not visible). This could possibly suggest that May's gift was important to him, seeing as it was the only gift that he put next to his trophies and awards.

I knew this was a hint when I started to watch the first Episode of Best Wishes. I don't know why this wasn't added in the AdvanceShipping hints. But thank you to the person who added It.

If Ash and May battled again, what would the outcome be and how would it effect AS? (May: Glaceon, Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle, Beautifly) (Ash: Pikachu, Torterra, Swellow, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Infernape)

It won't affect AS as much, but I would like to see them battle again. They are probably going to be equally matched just like their battle at the Terracotta contest.

If Ash and May battled again, then I think that it would go like this: it would be 5 on 5, and they would both win two (EDIT: four T_T) each. And then they tie on the last battle, where it would be May's Glaceon vs. Ash's Pikachu. So, in the end they would tie (yay). :D
It probably wouldn't effect AS that much, but it would support how they're both equally awesome, I guess. (it would also give me more footage to fangirl over)
Yeah. :D

Because I was bored I made this to lighten the mood x'3 (you'll have to click on the link...derp xd)

Last edited:
That's really good, Aeroex!

P.S I asked that question mainly for the "who would win," tbh ;P

Oh, don't be silly @Aeroex! Your banner is very nice as well :) I really like the new one you've made! And, if anything, I've been messing around with photoshop/GIMP for a very very long time xD

As much as I want another tie, I think May should win if they battle again, mostly because then Ash can see how much she's grown, and perhaps gain some more respect for her - indeed, if she won against him, it would pique his interest, leading to potential AS moments :)

Another banner dump (because I've been neglecting them for a while)

Advanceshipping107PAINT.png

Thank you =')
Hmm..if one had to win over the other, I would want May to win, but Ash would probably win, because they'd try to make him look stronger due to all the training he's put his pokemon through (if you can call that training *cough*). But it would be really close, because they'd want to show that May has grown as well. :D

I was bored, so I was looking through the other shipping threads x'D And almost all of them thought that movie 9 wasn't a hint at all =/
Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint? Derp.

Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint?[/B] Derp.

Because to count that as a hint, you'd have to count the other time Ash saw a luvdisc with another girl as a hint too (AKA Dawn). I can't see why it can't be a visual hint, at least. I mean, it was in a movie, so it looked really nice. I don't think it's cool of people to discount "hints" since they're subjective anyways.

But...let's not get carried away with what others think of the ship XP

Oh...I guess you're right. But they swam with the Luvdisc *smiles triumphantly* >:D
Let's see...AdvanceShipping day is...around 3 months and 12 days away! (nov. 21st) Yayyyyy...*crickets chirp*

Guess who's back...
God, it's been so long since I last came here... But I'm glad to see that there are veterans still in the ranks... For those who don't know me, I'm Sp1derp1g, long-time ASer and creator of a project that would and most likely still will revolutionize the world.

As an answer to the current topic: we have gone over this back at SPPF in the old days. Dont remember the answer. It is a hint for me, nonetheless.

Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint?
I think it's due to dawn and ash seeing a luvdisk to, even though brock was there too.. so that shouldn't even be considered..

Last edited:
Welcome back, sp1derp1g! AdvanceShipping has missed you. >:D but aren't you Harry Plopper? :p
Hmm, and Haruka's right. Maybe Brock is in love with Dawn!

And I've come up with more reasons to support Advance! *insert applause here*
- Because Ash should have someone who cares about him and doesn't fight constantly
- Because May deserves someone who respects her and doesn't flip his hair every two seconds (I'm sorry. I just had to.)
- Because ribbons are forever<3 (I know. Lame reasons. I mostly made this so I could mention the hair flip part T_T)
*facepalm*

[video=youtube;FyclkmwlTZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyclkmwlTZI[/video]

I don't like the ending :|

Just seeing Luvdisc isn't what I consider to be the hint though. A boy and girl go swimming, having fun, etc and the only new Pokemon they add to the scene (aside from those present in the previous scenes) are HEART-shaped Pokemon?

Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint?

Depends on the game logic though tbh. Seeing/owning luvdisc doesn't mean jack. Swimming how ever...I wrote about it on the bulba adv article before:

the Sapphire Pokédex has stated that "any couple" (Suggesting even friends) "meeting" Luvdisc's "is promised a loving relationship that never ends"; whilst the Ruby Pokédex has stated that Luvdiscs would "swim after loving couples it spotted in the ocean's waves."

really depends if you take the game as apart as the anime, since the anime takes its meanings from the game

I have heard many different explanations to this answer. Of course the most common is that Dawn and Ash also saw some, but it varies a lot. I heard a CS'er once say that the scene was based on Manaphy and May, not Ash and May.

Pretty much like everyone else said, the difference between May and Ash's encounter w/ Luvdisc is and Dawn and Ash's is that Ash and May were swimming and Luvdisc came to them. When Dawn, Ash, and Brock came on the ship, they technically found the Luvdisc, whilst Ash and May had been found by them.

I have heard many different explanations to this answer. Of course the most common is that Dawn and Ash also saw some, but it varies a lot. I heard a CS'er once say that the scene was based on Manaphy and May, not Ash and May.

Pretty much like everyone else said, the difference between May and Ash's encounter w/ Luvdisc is and Dawn and Ash's is that Ash and May were swimming and Luvdisc came to them. When Dawn, Ash, and Brock came on the ship, they technically found the Luvdisc, whilst Ash and May had been found by them.

My take on this!

wCb1j.png

> Manaphy seems happy to be with Ash not just May. But of course, Manaphy cares a lot for May the most due to the fact that Manaphy saw May first.

vveLA.png

> Manaphy does enjoy being accompanied by Ash and May.
While at the same time, Ash and May stare at each other.

I really don't know how this is a scene based on Manaphy and May. If It was, why put Ash in It? Wouldn't It make
sense If they just put May and Manaphy swimming together and having fun?

Lol, has anyone seen Ash flirt before? I was re-watching the Original series and I found this! xD
SNtBo.png

Episode: The School of Hard Knocks
So I guess Ash isn't that dense back in the old days! Haha, If only he would flirt with other girls. How would May feel about that? :D

Back
Top Bottom