• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint?

I have heard many different explanations to this answer. Of course the most common is that Dawn and Ash also saw some, but it varies a lot. I heard a CS'er once say that the scene was based on Manaphy and May, not Ash and May.

Pretty much like everyone else said, the difference between May and Ash's encounter w/ Luvdisc is and Dawn and Ash's is that Ash and May were swimming and Luvdisc came to them. When Dawn, Ash, and Brock came on the ship, they technically found the Luvdisc, whilst Ash and May had been found by them.

My take on this!

wCb1j.png

> Manaphy seems happy to be with Ash not just May. But of course, Manaphy cares a lot for May the most due to the fact that Manaphy saw May first.

vveLA.png

> Manaphy does enjoy being accompanied by Ash and May.
While at the same time, Ash and May stare at each other.

I really don't know how this is a scene based on Manaphy and May. If It was, why put Ash in It? Wouldn't It make
sense If they just put May and Manaphy swimming together and having fun?

Lol, has anyone seen Ash flirt before? I was re-watching the Original series and I found this! xD
SNtBo.png

Episode: The School of Hard Knocks
So I guess Ash isn't that dense back in the old days! Haha, If only he would flirt with other girls. How would May feel about that? :D

I know right? The Contestshipper also said that the reason Ash was in there was because Ranger Jack told him about Pokemon Rangers. I'm pretty sure he was rambling now to find a reason, because if Ash was in there for that reason, why be even near May and Manaphy?

Um...so he could catch them with his invisible capture-stylus? Duh.
Maybe it's because he might be looking at May and Manaphy, and he enjoys seeing them look so happy together...o_o I have no idea.
Or maybe a certain CS'er was just jealous of that cute scene. ^-^

Hey guys!! I'm back, It's been a long week for me but I can finally sit and reply!! @Aeroex- awesome banner!! @Princess of Hoenn- what's not to like in you're story! everything was magnificent.
Time for a new topic! but my head isn't working well right now, here's the first thing that popped in my head.

What is our strongest thing about AS?
For me it would be the Movie 9

So, I'm planning on making another fanfic but WILL NOT go out this year, this is my favourite of 8 stories I plan.
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

It has been 5 years eversince he left,
He left because, I dated the guy he hated...
Now here I am heartbrokened, crying, moaning,
and wishing I did not date him.
My friends all around me helping me overcome my sadness.

I remember him helping me to become what I am right now, the Best coordinator...
I remember him saving me multiple of times, when we were young...
I remember him making me very happy when I was sad...
But he's not here anymore because, I destroyed his life...

*Ding Dong*

As the doorbell rings my friend goes to the door,
But it only makes me remember more..
Now I remember clearly why he left.
5 years ago,
I remember them fighting,
I rememebr my bestfriend and boyfriend fighting.
But one day he left. without saying goodbye...
I ran and ran to catch him, I did catch him and stopped him
"Why? Why are you going? Please don't go, we can work things out."
I begged him, with tears running through my eyes.
"I have to, it will never work with me around you two, I wish I could stay."
I cry and cry, until I saw a tear running down his face...
And I thought how hard this would be to him.
"I have to go now, May take care and do your best to make Drew happy."
I was in shock, when he said it, he kisses me on the forehead and leaves.
I fall to my knees and cry, cry cry and cry.

That was all I could remember,
but I did what he told me,
I tried to become the best girlfriend Drew could have,
But...he, he cheated on me...
Now here I am again, sitting, heartbrokened, crying, moaning,
Then I saw my bestfriend leave a tear, and realize that it was a tear of joy.
I look at her with confusion, until she points behind me.
I look, my eyes widen, when I saw him.
It was the guy that can always make me happy,
The guy that trained me,
The guy that made me love pokemon,
The guy that I love.
"Ash!"

How as that, took me an hour to perfect it. xD that's just chapter one of my many chaptered story my favourite to be precise.
remember it will not be out for a long time but I can speed thing out. =D

@ketchummaple - thank you! And that's a really good story so far :D

What's our strongest thing about AS?
Yeah, I would have to say Movie Nine. But there's a lot of episodes with strong hints, too...

What was the shippiest movie besides movie 9?
I would say either Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, because May was kind of acting protective of him after his fight with Lucario, so that he wouldn't catch a cold, and, of course, that cute little time-flower incident...or Jirachi: Wish Maker because of the wishing star theory, but the Lucario movie is probably more shippy, in my opinion.

Aww...I wish this really happened.
attachment.php

Attachments

• advx25.jpg
    advx25.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,355
@Aeroex and @ProngedDread837- thank you so much!! :)

I agree with @Aeroex it would be the Lucario and the mystery of Mew, since may became protective at the scene of Ash and Lucario, and the time flower too. But there's a episode movie thingy, about the battle between Kyogre and Groudon, if I remember correctly May said: "Don't do anything stupid, okay?" that was it I think. Dang I really need to rewatch the whole series!

Oh yeah, I remember that! I forgot about that one...I think it's in an episode called 'The Scuffle of Legends' or something like that. *goes to watch it again*
Yep. May says, "...and please, Ash, don't do anything crazy." Ooh, is that emotion I hear in your voice, Haruka-chan?

Why do you think that Ash & May swimming with Luvdisc sometimes is not counted as a hint?

I have heard many different explanations to this answer. Of course the most common is that Dawn and Ash also saw some, but it varies a lot. I heard a CS'er once say that the scene was based on Manaphy and May, not Ash and May.

Pretty much like everyone else said, the difference between May and Ash's encounter w/ Luvdisc is and Dawn and Ash's is that Ash and May were swimming and Luvdisc came to them. When Dawn, Ash, and Brock came on the ship, they technically found the Luvdisc, whilst Ash and May had been found by them.

My take on this!

wCb1j.png

> Manaphy seems happy to be with Ash not just May. But of course, Manaphy cares a lot for May the most due to the fact that Manaphy saw May first.

vveLA.png

> Manaphy does enjoy being accompanied by Ash and May.
While at the same time, Ash and May stare at each other.

I really don't know how this is a scene based on Manaphy and May. If It was, why put Ash in It? Wouldn't It make
sense If they just put May and Manaphy swimming together and having fun?

Lol, has anyone seen Ash flirt before? I was re-watching the Original series and I found this! xD
SNtBo.png

Episode: The School of Hard Knocks
So I guess Ash isn't that dense back in the old days! Haha, If only he would flirt with other girls. How would May feel about that? :D

Pretty much remember that scene yet that was way early in the series plus the writers were just experimenting w/ Ash's character so his flirting was dropped.

xD

Well.. We all know what is the best...

I think it was movie 8. But actually, all movies(Advanced generation series) had its own hints.

Lol I find this oddly disturbing, which is weird since I like Advance o_o
attachment.php

You can see the brown in his eyes! He must be emotional about May..*KAWAII* It's like, okay, we know you like her. Can you stop staring at her in a perverted way? o_o
If Ash and May got together, do you think that their friends (Max, Brock, Delia, Dawn, etc.) would support them?
Yes. Lame topic, I know.

Attachments

• xvxx.jpg
    xvxx.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 6,222
If Ash and May got together, do you think that their friends (Max, Brock, Delia, Dawn, etc.) would support them?

Delia: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG :D:D:D:D:D
Brock: *nods* After all of the girls Ash has traveled with, I've given up giving advice to him. He seems like he can handle it.
Dawn: Yay!
Max: Eww...

Pretty much, Delia would be ecstatic, Brock would be positive about it, Dawn would try to play matchmaker prior, Max would initially be engrossed that is sister is dating his friend, but he would be happy about it later on.

Of course, I would like to say ALL of them, but I think Movie 6 (jirachi wishmaker) was pretty solid with the whole "May's wish might be about Ash" sort of theory. If not, then I think Movie 8 as well, with the time flower and the Princess!May and Hero!Ash theme we love so much.

Anyway, I bring news from our July Advanceshipping fanfiction contest! Here are our winners and their stories:

1st place: ah...well, me. ^^; WingsofRain/Princess of Hoenn, always a pleasure - Story: Paperback

2nd place: (three way tie)
Yin Yang Yo Yo - Story: She Illuminates my Heart Beats
Reddolphin5000 - Story: Traffic Light
xwittychiclx - Story: Festival of Lights, Fears, and Popcorn

3rd place: (two way tie)
gMak64 - Story: Bright Light, Legendary Fright
Aurareader - Story: Her Guiding Light

Let's give a round of applause for our winners! Please read/comment on their fics to hype up our spirit!

Now, I've started the next contest for September, and I decided that the theme this time is: Music. If anyone wishes to participate, please do! We want to use this opportunity to display our Advanceshipping writing prowess :) Me and the other winners from the last contest will be the judges. The rules are here if you wish to participate! :D

Here is another banner dump as well from me to commemorate these fics...(I didn't make one for myself haha)

For xwittychickx
Advanceshipping108PAINT.png

For reddolphin5000 (this is probably my first humorous banner)
Advanceshipping109.png

For Yin Yang Yo Yo
Advanceshipping110PAINT.png

For gMak64
Advanceshipping111PAINT.png

For Aurareader
Advanceshipping112PAINT.png

...there, to put some color back into this thread ^^

And how about a new topic to finish things off?

If Ash and May were in a relationship, what do you think their first fight would be about, and how would they overcome it?

Stay strong everyone! :D

Hey congratualtions to the winners!. I didn't even know we had another contest.

I'm gonna go with 8. But the other movies don't contain any major hints.

I'm back, guys! It's been a long time since I wrote on this forum.

How do you feel about Advanceshipping right now? Losing hope? Nothing? May never come back? Ash being dense and turn into 10?

Well, the anime writers definitely won't allow May to return as a travelling companion once more. Though I hope that World Tournament will bring back May to the series.

If Ash and May battled again, what would the outcome be and how would it effect AS? (May: Glaceon, Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle, Beautifly) (Ash: Pikachu, Torterra, Swellow, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Infernape)

Assuming Ash hadn't changed since DP series ended, both would have admired each other's overall experience and dexterity in Pokemon battles. That would've strengthened their relationship even more.

Movie 9. It clearly shows that Ash and May are ready to take their relationship to a whole new level, just that the writers don't allow it.

I'm going for the 8th. For some reason.

A boy and a girl, as close friends, swimming around a school of Luvdisc, laughing and enjoying being around together. Remember, the Pokedex entry on Luvdisc? My opinion states that it is a large hint.

Great job, winners! Good work with the banners, Princess!
I really need to get started on my fanfiction...

I hope May appears again mainly for us to get more AS hints and hear her progress in Johto.

Those were amazing stories *sniffles* congrats to everyone :) and your banners are awesome *o*

If Ash and May were in a relationship, what do you think their first fight would be about, and how would they overcome it?
Um...their first fight would be about...food. o_o
They would argue over what food to eat at a restaurant, and eventually the argument would develop so much that May would run away. And then, later, he would, like, bring her chocolates or something. IDK. I honestly can't really picture them fighting over anything xd

If May doesn't ever appear again, then I will attack Ash for being so dense T_T

Those were amazing stories *sniffles* congrats to everyone :) and your banners are awesome *o*

Um...their first fight would be about...food. o_o
They would argue over what food to eat at a restaurant, and eventually the argument would develop so much that May would run away. And then, later, he would, like, bring her chocolates or something. IDK. I honestly can't really picture them fighting over anything xd

If May doesn't ever appear again, then I will attack Ash for being so dense T_T

If they were going to fight over food (lol), it's possible that they would wolf down the food to see who eats the most. After that, The Bicker the Better...

I can see it being an argument about Contests vs Leagues, and their capabilities and level as Pokemon owners.

Delia: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG :D:D:D:D:D
Brock: *nods* After all of the girls Ash has traveled with, I've given up giving advice to him. He seems like he can handle it.
Dawn: Yay!
Max: Eww...

Pretty much, Delia would be ecstatic, Brock would be positive about it, Dawn would try to play matchmaker prior, Max would initially be engrossed that is sister is dating his friend, but he would be happy about it later on.

I know Delia would support anyone. She's just like that.:D
If Max were older I would think he would be mature about it but since he's a kid, he probably would be uncomfortable at first but he'll probably warm up to the idea.
Brock I'm sure would be happy and jealous.:D
Dawn would definetly be suppoertive. she's alway has been.

Back
Top Bottom