• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

I've been off for a while. I have no idea if anyone remembers me, but I guess some of you might.

What's our strongest thing about AS?

The simple fact that Ash and May have more in common than most, if not all other girls Ash has met. They both share a love of food, have similar Pokemon teams, and have had quite a few shippy scenes in the anime.

Well for me it was mostly about how well they got along together personality wise. May was a little naive in the beginning and was learning while Ash got a chance to teach her a few things and learn from him. I think it was good for Ash as well. The other girls either was already experienced or was a quick learner like Dawn so that I didn't feel he had an impact on her as much as May.

Nice seeing you guys again. I've been busy with my Advanceshipping series. (Sleeping Ash is finished, but Haunted May is nearly done. I'm thinking about turning it into a trilogy.) Anyway just thought I've made a blog for advanceshipping fics on tumblr called SatoHaru Library, so that's why I was away. I think some of the strongest things about Advanceshipping is it's fanbase. We all seem to be like one big happy family and we can take hints very creatively. Ash and May having things in common can make us relate to couples in real life as well or if they were a couple, they'd be the kind of couple that many people would aspire to be in.

Balanced personality and interactions. How they seem to care for each other equally (May or Ash a liitttlleeee biittt moorreeee)

That being said, who do you think likes eachother the most? Like, it seems to be..Balanced as I said. But so many hints come from Ash's side that I'm sure he feels something towards her, conscious or not....But May also dishes out some pretty heavy hint.s

The fact that they rarely bicker. That really pisses me off when characters keep fighting over the smallest things. I don't see how any relationship between such two characters could ever be stable. It's far more indicative of a short fling.

Yeah, I agree. The strongest thing about AS is their close bond of friendship that they share, and how they rarely fight and almost always get along. It's so cute. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Aeroex, it's just a repeat in the process of the anime's Pokegirls. It also has nothing to do with Advanceshipping, nor does it have an effect on it. Unless Dawn and Ash kiss goodbye on Dawn's departure episode, I do not see a threat. Remember that all ships are equal no matter what (besides canonship).

Their friendship and the ribbon. Even though the ribbon debate has been argued into the ground, I see it as a hint of "Two halves (Ash and May) making a whole." Also, the fact that they both cherish it even after not seeing each other for years, and May saying she uses it as a reminder of Ash ('s determination, but still XP) to keep her strong is an AS push in my eyes.

You're right :DDDDD *is suddenly happy again* thanks for that reality check xD

Yeah, the ribbons are really significant. They show that even though they're far apart, they'll always be together, in a way (cheesy, I know), because they both have half of the ribbon they won together. And the two-halves-make-whole concept is so cute. ^^ And since they tied in the Teracotta contest, which is where they got the ribbon-halves from, they're practically equal!

And I also like how they're best friends and get along so well together, because from where I see it, the best type of relationship starts as 'just friends' and evolves into something more. That's why I love AdvanceShipping so much: they're not bickering and fighting all the time, and they're just so cute<33
Now I'm in super fangirl mode again for the 8904th time o____o (at least)

Do you think May would travel with Ash again now?

EDIT: Another question I had, but didn't post:

Do you believe May and Ash talk through video-chat offscreen?

Last edited:

I certainly hope so.
May has got to have five ribbons from Johto by now; in Sinnoh, she had three. Now, we're going into a second season of Unova, so she should be done soon and come back, hopefully! :D
Then we can have more advanceshippiness to drool over *o*

Hopefully she does, it would be interesting hearing about Mays journey through Johto

the Pearlshipping part is not a real hint, it's just the obvious anime cameoo every season, and I would want May to come back but, I would want to see her with Dawn. Iris, would ask them questions about how Ash would be so immature, Dawn would prretty much agree, but May would reply with a smile and go to Ash's side and defend him (not in an action way)
Why not?

I would really want that to happen!

Ash is not going to end up with anyone. Nor will any other major character hook up with someone. But the writers will leave things ambiguous so that the fans can see what they want to see. THey won't go out of there way to sink any ship especially if it adds nothing to the story. You don't piss off a fanbase jst for the sake of pissing off a fanbase.

Yeah, I agree. The strongest thing about AS is their close bond of friendship that they share, and how they rarely fight and almost always get along. It's so cute. ^^

Contains kind of off-topic (not to mention creepy/obsessive) rant below...
Oh no..no...PearlShipping. IT'S BACK. For, like, AT LEAST five episodes! asjfkdsjfljdl;
I have bad feeling about this. VERY bad. Ugh. ....losing...hope...*dies* xd
But if you think about it, it's all repeating itself, so...maybe Ash won't be with anyone. *shot* These are some dark times, people. Dark times...x'D
I'm sorry if I creeped you out.
[video=youtube;tiQDq8V3Q3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQDq8V3Q3I&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

I wasn't too threatened when I saw this Episode. I mean, May already had her appearance so Its Dawn's turn to have her cameo. Honestly, I don't find anything shippy in this Episode. But of course, I'll leave that to the PearlShippers not us.

Actually, in DP075 (Our Cup Runneth Over!), May was the one who contacted Ash.

I meant that in Sinnoh (when she met up with Ash), she had three Johto ribbons.

YES. I remember in 'Our Cup Runneth Over!' or something like that, May contacted Ash :D - how did she know where he was without talking to him first? *shot* and I think that it's possible that they might actually video-chat regularly because I doubt Ash told May 'all about' Dawn in a couple of minutes, or however long they were talking about meeting up for the Wallace Cup, so he must've contacted/been contacting her a lot...I hope :p But then there's the fact that Ash didn't know how many ribbons May had...or did he not ask? I don't remember (even though I watched it like three times yesterday -__-). I hope so, though! It would be awesome *o*

If you guys look carefully in each episodes, you can see May or Ash often standing near each others the whole times(Mostly about 100+ episodes) even in the movie 6 where they were in the carnival, sitting near each others while eating ice-cream xD

While in johto,kanto. they had 3 people so it not weird because Ash always stood in the middle of group(But sometimes he also stood on the right side of block or left side of Misty), Sinnoh also be like this. BW also like this but.. AS had 4 people but why in the hell did Ash and May often stood next to each other almost everytime I saw? And often in the beginning of the episode until the end of that episode! WTF!?

Yes they do. Like you guys said 'that' episode.

This is the last warning I'm leaving about this, from now on it's going to result in direct infractions. Do not keep bringing up Pearlshipping simply to bash it. It's off topic, and it doesn't contribute to Advanceshipping. Leave the Pearlshipping hints to the Pearlshippers and stick to AS here. Thank you.

Sorry again...I keep going off-topic xd

How do you think Ash would react if May came to Unova?
I bet he would be thinking, "OMG YESYESYES!!!!!" He would probably be pretty surprised. :p

How do you think Ash would react if May came to Unova?

I believe he would be very surprised and would enjoy bieng able to see her again

Back
Top Bottom