• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

if drew never existed do you think that all the current contestshippers would be advanceshippers?
off-topic: If he didn't existed then May won't have that motivation to beating someone (i.e rivals) in contests imo I highly doubt that ALL ContestShippers would be AS supporters if we have PokeShippers.:/

Yeah, unfortunately, it does seem that fanfiction is pretty much what's keeping the community alive. And that's barely. :/ May needs to make a cameo soon gosh darn it. xD

It's kinda hard to keep conversations about it being that we've talked about it all. o_O We need to start getting creative with our questions and answers. >:D

Here's hoping for a ruby and saphire remake :S

Also here is my mep video for advancehsipping, it's far from done

[video=youtube;FnbeuGaEnXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbeuGaEnXA[/video]

Don't mind the high contrast, gonna fix that XD

Just need some opinions on it, so i can better it :)

I like it, Chaotic Buizel. Can't really give any criticism, because I don't see anything wrong with it and I'm not an expert.

I think that there will definitely be remakes for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, as they were excellent games in their own right which, combined with the recent success of Black and White's sequels, should be enough to prompt Nintendo into making the remakes. And of course, it's quick, easy cash for them, right? Make sure they know the fans will buy it, and they'll be all over it. ;)

Nice amv by the way!

Yeah, unfortunately, it does seem that fanfiction is pretty much what's keeping the community alive. And that's barely. :/ May needs to make a cameo soon gosh darn it. xD

It's kinda hard to keep conversations about it being that we've talked about it all. o_O We need to start getting creative with our questions and answers. >:D

I agree. I guess once Fanfics stop for AdvanceShipping and no signs of May appearing in the show anymore, I don't think there's much we can do. But of course, we can still always hope for a cameo.

If Drew never existed do you think that all the current Contestshippers would be Advanceshippers?
Nope. Shippings are usually by opinion/preference. Some may like AdvanceShipping some may like ContestShipping. Its hard to answer that since Its entirely someone's opinion.

@Chaotic Buizel Pretty good! Nice choice of music too. Just a little idea, do you mind adding some letterbox effect for the final version? It just gives that "Film" look for the AMV.

Thanks so much guys, and sure thing finalsynfrey :)

Already sampled it, and it make's the video look alot better anyways XD

If Drew never existed do you think that all the current Contestshippers would be Advanceshippers?

The Pokeshippers use Contestshipping. There are few people out there who just like Contestshipping. If it didn't exist, I doubt there would really be many more people. It kind of just because all the Pokeshippers go-to May shipping, like we Advanceshippers use Orange/Egoshipping and Ikari/Cavaliershipping.

A wild 'person who hasn't been on the forums in forever' has appeared!
Greetings.
I still need to update my fanfiction, and actually get back to shipping in this fandom.

Probably not for the above reasons given by all these people here.

I know I am really late for this but happy late Advshipping day!

As for this topic,..

Yes, it could be and it also depends on the shippers. I myself, is a multishipper.. and I ship a lot of Ash ships not just pokeshipping or advanceshipping. Though, I will still ship Advanceshipping, with or without Drew in the anime, based on the extent of a particular shipping.

Hey, just dropping by. Long time no ship, it's still good to see Advanceshippers around, even with the lack of AS material to go around nowadays. It still makes me happy to see people still show interest in this shipping.

Probably not, like the others said, already. They're mostly pokeshippers, don't think Ash is shippable, or some other reason like that. Also, May does need a rival, and whoever that is, she would be shipped to that character.

Anyway, just gonna just some silly doodle I did that's Advanceshipping related. And yup, I credit this to me, because I drew it, heh.

aschristmas01.jpg

Depends. I'm not the guy to ask since that I was originally a PokeShipper and ContestShipper. I guess you could take that as "it doesn't matter that it exists, people transfer," and "It obviously is causing discord and making us ADVancers lose peoples we could normally have."

But who knows. The series wouldn't be complete without a Coordinator having an opposite-sex rival, so PokeInc would come up with some other rival who would inevitably get shipped with May.

But that's just my 2 sense.

Well we think about it this way: If Drew didn't exist, the Pokeshippers would have to pair up May with Harley. xD That or be advanceshippers :p

Awesome drawing, buster! :D :D :D

OMG ADVANCESHIPPING THREAD :yahoo::-D:-D

Hi everyone! I'm a huge advanceshipper! I think it's really cute, and it's my OTP. I've written a few advanceshipping fanfics, but never finished any. I have a good idea for one though. And are you the Shiny Gengar that wrote Fiercer Than a Legendary? Awesome! :-D

Hi everyone! I'm a huge advanceshipper! I think it's really cute, and it's my OTP. I've written a few advanceshipping fanfics, but never finished any. I have a good idea for one though. And are you the Shiny Gengar that wrote Fiercer Than a Legendary? Awesome! :-D

Welcome to the thread my friend~ XD
You should finish them and share em' I want to see your work! :)

Welcome aboard the ship of Ash and May! It's always great to have new members. :yahoo:
To be honest, the Pokemon World Tournament would be a perfect place to bring the old characters back.

Wow, that's one topic I would not like to fiddle much. But here goes: Some of them, it's rather hard to tell, since Shipping relies mainly on one's opinions and preferences.

Well... most Contestshippers were shippers before this (e.g Pokeshipping, Rockethipping, etc.) then no they will still ship their former shipping. (I am a minor advancedshipper and likes it)

Probably not, a good amount of Contestshippers are Pokeshippers.

Back
Top Bottom