• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Aw, thanks Elghie!

Anyway, I was watching some old AG reruns, and I found this little gem of a cute moment:

In A Cacturne for the Worst, Ash is the one who is able to snap May out of her embarrassment and anger (when Harley cheats during the contest) to get her to focus on the battle again, allowing her to win the her fourth Hoenn ribbon. Afterwards, Ash congratulates her on her win, and May thanks him for his help, saying, “Thanks a lot Ash. If you hadn’t snapped me out of it by calling to me, who knows if I would have won,” to which Ash replies with a smile “Come on May, you know you won this all by yourself!” :)

And...new topic?

If Ash and May were to get married and have kids someday, what do you think would be a joint memory that they would share with their children?

If Ash and May were to get married and have kids someday, what do you think would be a joint memory that they would share with their children?

Lemme answer it this way: Is there any memory they wouldn't share? They could spend hours telling their kids about their adventures together, from fighting bad guys to supporting each other in contests/gym battles. She might even take the chance to tease Ash about the times he wasn't clueing into love stuff (like the Mawile ep) and he might look just as confused as he did back then.

Of course!
They'd share everything. Even before they met!
And awesome banner and symbolism, Princess!

I won't be a cheeky like you guys and I'll answer with just one memory for the sake of the question.

Movie 9.

There.

From the point of Kids , Advanceshipping would be the most popular shipping .
Because May is the prettiest girl Ash met so far who is in his own Age group .
Unlike we older fan , Kids mainly chose heroin from looks .
They doesn't really has the mentality to chose a heroin by judging her personality or relationship with the hero.
However , Writer made Contestshipping almost a cannon so this shipping seem to have less chance.
And I don't think a movie can compete with all the implied hint in TV Series .
Advanceshipper need something more then that.

wait..... for kids advanceshipping is popular..... and this is a kids show (the why Ash never age), but two and two together guys

@Hurricane Kishore Not really true. I shipped this when I was a kid myself. When I shipped these 2 together as a kid, I did it based on personality mostly. So I sort of feel bad stereotyping kids like that.xD Kids can be pretty smart too, and I don't think they'd like us to think they're not capable.xD LOL.

Also, I'd have to agree with Jack! I think the best memory would have to be movie 9. It was a time when May thought Ash died or she'd never see him again. Ash did technically turn into the king of the sea since he was the one who saved the temple and put the crown back together.
(So I guess that'd make May queen of the sea if they got married. LOL.xD)
We find out that May is a peoples of the water.
And it was also when we saw how much Ash would go so far to protect May. I mean, he also did it for the temple/Pokemon/everyone else, but I think at that point, he was more concerned about May.
And I heard the original Japanse dub was a lot more shippy. I forgot what May said when Manaphy was sending out her prayer to Ash, but I remember it being a lot more shippy.xD
And let's not forget how crappy Ash felt when May was feeling depressed.
And gfbrdehsjwgfhbdnjesw just over all, I really agree with Jack on this one!!xD LOL.

And also, the writers didn't have Contestshipping canon? Yes, they made her go on without Ash, but we all saw that coming when D/P games came out.xD LOL.
So I knew she'd get replaced. Sadly.;___;

Oh yes, and I also think all the female character's look adorable/beautiful? Sure, May's my favourite, but still.xD

@Aloasa No. I don't think Advanceshipping, or any ship, is popular with kids. They like what they like I guess. Or none at all. Like us really? We all like our own ships.xD
And yes, it's pretty obvious that Pokemon is a kids show.
So no, Advanceshipping, or any ship, isn't and probably will never go canon. Maybe small ships. But with Ash, never.xD A big chunk of the Pokemon fandom is based on shipping. And Pokemon makes money off of that really. So they need all these ships so that more and more people get into it. If they made 1 ship go canon, I think a lot of people might get upset and part of that fandom would go down/die?xD I don't know, that's how I feel.
But I sort of like not having any ships go canon. It's more fun because we all know no one's right, but we can still enjoy ourselves and hope.xD
Besides, Ash is Pokemon's cash cow. That's why he's forever 10. LOL.

Anyway's, I feel like we're getting off topic. So we'll drop it now. I just felt like I really needed to say these. If you'd like to continue the conversation of Ash being a cash cow, ships in general, etc, just message me okay?xD

Here's some cool fanart I found by the way! I'm just going to post their links so if you guys have Deviantart, go fav and give 'em your love!!xD

And it's been a while since I came here on the forums.; u ; Was a bit bored and had some free time, so I decided to drop by.~ I always seem to be more active near the Spring/summer it seems.xD LOL.

So...it just so happens that when I joined this thread, a debate was not exactly what I had in mind...
New topic, anyone?

So...it just so happens that when I joined this thread, a debate was not exactly what I had in mind...
New topic, anyone?
Debates are great conversation starters. Well, as long as there are no bashing/flaming going around.xD But other than that, there's nothing wrong with them...?

Uhm, but sure. Why not?

In all the Pokemon movies Ash and may have been in, which legendary Pokemon (in those movies obviously) would best represent this ship?

I'd say Manaphy for obvious reasons.xD I think it's clear that movie 9 is my fav.

I could go with the obvious and say Manaphy.... and that's it, the regis do't work, neather Deoxis or Rayquaza, and Jiraichi would be Max

Hmmm now that you've mentioned it, I could see Rayquaza working actually.xD And maybe Kyogre? Since it's the creator of the sea really. And Ash did technically become king of the sea. LOL.xD And May is a peoples of the water?
And of course, the most obvious, it's part of the generation 3 trio.
gfdegshjwfgbhdnjs yes, I could see this work now!xD

Hmmm now that you've mentioned it, I could see Rayquaza working actually.xD And maybe Kyogre? Since it's the creator of the sea really. And Ash did technically become king of the sea. LOL.xD And May is a peoples of the water?
And of course, the most obvious, it's part of the generation 3 trio.
gfdegshjwfgbhdnjs yes, I could see this work now!xD

In all the Pokemon movies Ash and may have been in, which legendary Pokemon (in those movies obviously) would best represent this ship?
Kyogre infortunatly wasn't in those movies as a mani characther, so it doesn't count even if it would make as much sence as Manaphy

If they were to sahre a memory with their children, it would be one that would hold great significance. For that, I'm going cliche here and say either:

1. Movie 9
2. First Time the two Met
3. Their contest battle, and their reward from that contest, and the terracotta ribbon

@Aloasa My topic, so I get to make the rules. LOL. Naaaa but yeah. Guess that was my mistake then. But I guess those few episodes they had in ADV could be considered a short movie?xD I don't know.

@Yoh Little brotherrrrrrrrr!!!; A ; *hugs* gfdeswhytgfrdewsgtfrd
And teehee, great choices!! Totally agree with those!xD I could see that happening.~
Another one would maybe be that one time (I forgot their names) when the couple with the Nidoqueen/Nidoking were teasing Ash and May and kept saying that they were a couple.xD LOL.
I don't know, I could kind of see them mentioning that and saying how ironic they've become.

(Pffft naaa, I was mostly wrong.xD I just don't like admitting my defeat! lol)

Okay, let me see, let me think of a new topic.

If May got put in the B/W anime for 1 or 2 episodes (like in D/P), how would you like it to be?:

I like it the way it would be normally, just give them some luvi duby time and REPLACE IRIS!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom