• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

What would Ash and May reactions to the Advanceshipping fandom (fanfiction, fanart, advancers site, other sites, etc...) ?

Ash may not even understand what is he doing to May in the fanarts, kissing and so on; on the other hand, she is blushing to the max. Moreover, May will even stage an impromptu cross-dress, for the lulz (remember that Ash-May cross-dressing fanart?).

For advancers sites, both Ash and May will sign up and join in the fun with us AdvanceShippers. Hmm, I wonder where they are now in Bulbapedia.

What would Ash and May reactions to the Advanceshipping fandom (fanfiction, fanart, advancers site, other sites, etc...) ?

for fanfiction and fanart Ash would be all dense and stuff and May would be fainting out of brushing so hard that it's even reder than blood, and for the Advancers.. I see that they will join and have fun, they would like Gengar, Pichu, Midnight and Lucifer stories, May would be shipping hard on the usership tread while Ash would be fighting with his pikachu in the battle tread, and as for reaction to people.....

Beast: ok, please don't use so much profanity
Phil: *they would be confused by his intelligence and philosofical side*
Mubbzy: Ash would be dense and May would wonder how THAT happen
Golfer and Hollow: *See above*
Gloomy: they would freak out a little by her artstyle and stuff but overall they would get along
Strength: Anime Fanboys and Fangirls squeels in 3,2,1.....
and finally (because I can't think of more right now) Me: they would hear about why I got ban and see my post and they would say.. "WHAT THE F*CK WAS HE THINKING!!!!"

sorry if this drag on but I had a lot of ideas about this

Last edited:
what type(s) will you give to Ash and May that represent AdvanceShipping?:
I guess Ash electric for his messy hair and bursting personality. Or fire for his strong determination?? And May? I'd defiantly say water!

If Ash and May could be the protagonist of any videogame what would it be and who would they be?:
I'd defiantly have to agree with Gengar for this! Zelda would be a nice fit! I think I'd prefer ocarina of time though. u u u Or maybe Majora's Mask? But mainly because I like how creepy the game looks! u//u//u
And, I'd have to say I'd LOOOOOOOOOVE to see Ash and May in Saya no Uta!! <3 And have May as Saya.~ gfhdsjwaqgfhrydjuesw SO SO SOOO PERFECT!!! YES
And maybe Nier? I've never played it, but the game looks beautiful and the soundtrack is breathe-taking so yeah, I'm going with this one as well.xD
And I wouldn't mind having Ash and May being in a game similar to Yume Nikki!:3 I think it'd be cute! But it'd be changed to 2 people instead of one of course. And ohhh they could like, have Ash and May both dreaming in the dreamworld and they have to find each other!!! gfhdjswgfrhdyesjwhfjds this is making me SOOOOOO excited!!
And of course, (if you guys know the ending) the ending could be like from the game, but more of a Romeo x Juliet kind of thing...> u > gfhdjeswghfjudeks OH WOW, THIS WOULD BE COOL.
((I must draw these one day!!))

What would Ash and May reactions to the Advanceshipping fandom (fanfiction, fanart, advancers site, other sites, etc...) ?:
I'd have to say that both of them would blush like crazy. I know Ash is dense, but I think he'd blush if he saw fanart/fanfics of him kissing May.xD Wouldn't you agree?
Though, I think Ash would perhaps be confused with some themes, while May, totally shy about it, desperately tries to hide the computer screen away from Ash.xD

Oh jeez, I should come here more often though. lol

What would Ash and May reactions to the Advanceshipping fandom (fanfiction, fanart, advancers site, other sites, etc...) ?:
Ash would be dense in his normal way, but surprised and slightly embarrassed as he sees himself kissing May and all.
May is an easier story. She'd probably blush furiously and all~...

*takes out a megaphone* HELLO IN THERE, IS ANYONE THERE!!!!??? *no response* I guess not, ok new topic, my birthday was last Sunday so because of that

What would Ash do to celebrate May's birthday and What would May do to celebrate Ash birthday

Hibernation interrupted. Resume service in.. now. 5 more minutes please?

Actually I checked in a few times but I didn't really have the time to properly think of a topic or answer. Usually forgets about to come back when resting. Oh well, now is my free time and I remembered AS. Great!

What would Ash do to celebrate May's birthday?

Like what he will be doing for his anniversary of the day he meets Pikachu. Food, party and all those. After eating they have some time together while the others are sleeping and then he gives a gift to her, encouraging her to continue her journey. Happy, she gives him an amorous hug and smooch...

What would May do to celebrate Ash birthday?

Most likely she team up with Delia and the others to organize a large party. Feeding Ash with some battle matches is a good idea. After that, he can settle down and have some great meal. At the end of the meal, there will be a short dancing session and May misses her chance. After the dance, Ash falls asleep on the couch and she helps him to cover. Before going to sleep, she leaves her present beside him. Tomorrow he discovers her cute little present.

I wish real life is as amazing as my imagination.:bawl:

If Ash and May weren't a couple yet:
Ash would just wish her a happy birthday with a cheery grin and all. And maybe some pokemon advice.
If Ash and May were a couple:
Ash would maybe give her a hug and a sloppy card and wish her a happy birthday.

What would May do to celebrate Ash birthday?
If not a couple:
May would probably say happy birthday and give him a card 'cause he's a boy, and try to help Brock cook food for Ash.
If a couple:
May would hug Ash, give him a card and a present, and try to cook food for him herself. XD

Oh, yeah, and happy late birthday, Aloasa!

hiya.. proud advceshipper. i actually make amv's just wanted to say hi.. XD been a while since i was last here

most likely waste the day training his Pokemon, liek the clueless person he is XD

because they're adorable together, there's a ton of evidence, and most of the other pokegirls have someone else that they obviously like.
(wait a second... there are changing topics. this was a response to the first one, since i didn't see the different topics until after i posted this. oops.)

*passes CarlthePartyLlama some earplugs before taking a HUGE megaphone* WAKE UP!!!!!!!! AM I'M GONNA BE POSTING ON BULBAPEDIA'S ADVANCESHIPPING TREAD ALONE!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
*puts the megaphone and the earplugs away* umm sorry about that, anyway for those that aren't deaf heres a new topic, I have been playing League of Legends a lot and it made me think, what would happen if ash and may where in that game?, so heres is the topic
What abilities would Ash and May have and how would they compliment each other
*begins to cough violently* If you excuse me I gotta go to a doctor to see if I'll be able to speak again *to himself while leaving* a giant megaphone scream, what was I thinking?

because they're adorable together, there's a ton of evidence, and most of the other pokegirls have someone else that they obviously like.
(wait a second... there are changing topics. this was a response to the first one, since i didn't see the different topics until after i posted this. oops.)

It's okay. You can reply to any topic at any time, as long as it's about Advanceshipping :)

Welcome to the gathering of AdvanceShippers, CarlthePartyLlama! Hope you enjoy the hospitality aboard our majestic AS ship!

I can't hear no more. So yeah, I'll just leave the reply here... and slip away just like a Darkrai... I'm taking the megaphone though. I like the red finish design.

What abilities would Ash and May have and how would they compliment each other?

I never played LoL before. So I just pick from other games or animes or whatever cool stuffs instead. If I was to use Pokemon Adventures as the main source, I'll say I'll give a Pokemon Battler ability to Ash and a Coordinator ability to May (Ash really, seriously need it).

I'll go and retrieve some abilities from Pokemon if I have the time. Practically I have forgotten majority of it.

Don't know if this one is applicable or not, but here goes - if Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?

Can I haz the megaphone?:lick:

About the topic I made, I think that DOTA is similar to LoL so if you play that then you can answer the question, and yes, your topic can go with mine.
If Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?
I saw that Ash would of gone to school and for some reason he would be transfer to Hoenn where she would meet May, or the other way around
and xLolPanda, sure, have it, I wanted to buy a new one anyway

Last edited:
Ahhh we have new members? ghfrdjuesbhfrdej welcome!!!^ 0 ^

if Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?:
I could see Ash being a Pokemon Ranger or something around that area. I know a lot of people have said this due to the 9th movie. But even so, I think it'd suit him and there'd be a big possibility of him going around that field.
As much as he loves battling, I think he enjoys helping Pokemon and people a lot more. He'd be the type to risk his life for total strangers. But he also like to explore as well. So I think, if he wasn't a trainer, him being a Pokemon Ranger would be a huge possibility!

As for May? Hmmm, maybe something in the entertainment industry. TV, fashion, etc.
If she wasn't a coordinator, I think this would be the next best bet! Though, I could see her go more into fashion. Like designing and hosting fashion shows across the world!
In the first episode of the Advanced Generation, she mentions how much she wants to travel and whatnot. So I think this job would suit her quite well. Considering, as mentioned, she would travel a lot.

So, how would they meet? Good question. I mean, they'd live completely different lives!
But here are a few idea's I've thought of;

Since May would become one of the world's biggest and well-respected fashion designer, I think it's safe to bet that she might get a lot of jobs along the way.
One of them that I thought of would be to design the Pokemon Ranger's outfits. Now, this isn't so much to make the outfits "stylish".
She'd have to design them (with a few experts) the perfect and useful outfit for Pokemon Ranger's. Durability, comfort, what fabrics to use, etc.
And, she'd also have to interview a few Pokemon Ranger's to ask them what they don't and do like about their current outfits.
And one of them she'd interview would be Ash.;D TEEHEE.
Not much to say here though. Anything could happen.
She's probably interview him, and after when she's done interviewing everyone, he'd probably come up to her and try to start up a conversation.
Though, some may think that'd because of her position, she'd be a bit snobby.xD (Well, more like; "I'm in a rush and I'm extremly busy. I don't have time to chit-chat" kind of thing.)
I think it could start off like it was in the beginning, they'd bicker a lot at each other.xD Oh, and does anyone remember that episode when May was looking at herself in the mirror and Ash was getting angry and told her to hurry up? And then she was shocked to find out that Ash doesn't look in the mirror, and he got all embarrassed and annoyed and said "I'll think about it (to look in the mirror/check his looks more often)?xD Yeah, it'd be something like that.
But, despite that, they'd eventually learn their good quality's about one another. Just like in the series.

And just because I can; There should be a scene where Pokemon Ranger Ash saves May!!B) Awwww yiss, I just did that. Teehee.

Okay, this is literally all I can think of for now.

And gfhdujeswihfrjde I want to draw Ash and May crossovers but I'm such a lazy baka. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. /sobs

Yeah, don't go believing everything you read on the internet. The picture in question exists but its low quality is proof enough that ii is a fake.

http://jb2448.info/Fanart/Unrelated/35292198_m
According to this , May kissed Ash in censored episode !
Is It truth ?

No, it didn't happen.; A ; It's believed that someone Photoshopped a scene from the anime to make it look like they kissed.
Perhaps it was just done for fun. But then it spread throughout the Advanceshipping community and many believed it was true. And rumours formed saying that the episode was either deleted, or it was aired in Japan but not in the US.
And then many Advanceshippers used that picture as a 'weapon' to defend Advanceshipping.
I don't know if the person who Photoshopped did it for fun/fan-service, wanted to trick Advanceshippers, or wanted to make a shipping war or something.
Who knows.
But even so, I guess it was fun while it lasted? When I first saw that picture, I must have been around maybe 9 or 10? (I can't recall)
And I remember having a burst of happiness. Now I well know it's fake, but seeing that picture brings a certain nostalgia feeling to me.
Ahaha I think a lot of us were young-ish for the most part when we saw it. It's kind of cute really.
How that one picture made a lot of us feel happy or victorious.xD Now it's a bit shameful considering there were a few people apparently, using it as a source/weapon against other ships. (So I heard...)
Buuut, I think it has inspired many to make great fanarts, so no complaints from me!

Also, today I was thinking of a list of things I want to buy as soon as I can. And one of them would have to be the Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea manga!
Apparently I heard there was more Advanceshipping hints in the manga than the movie.
I really wanted to read it, but couldn't find it anywhere online.
Then, I stumbled upon this link here;
Goodreads Mobile | see what your friends are reading
It gives you a list of different stores you can buy it from (you can even buy it from ebay, I saw a few adds up there). Apparently it comes in English and yes, it's paperback. Not digital.
I think I've already posted up a Amazon link about, maybe a year ago? Buuuuut, seeing as, I myself, haven't bought it (but I am planning too) thought I'd share!
Because honestly, this would be an Advanceshipping gold-mine for me if there's more ADVshipping moments like the rumours say...
Also planning on buying the soundtrack CD and DVD if I can. I do have a DVD, but it isn't the official one (it's a burnt copy my dad downloaded/burnt for me a long time ago. It's also pretty scratched up. lol).
I just... gfhdjuehgfrdjueskw the 9th movie is still my fav of all time. Anything related to it and I fangirl so much.

I also want to get a few Advanced Generation figurines (mainly the 10th anniversary one and the 9th movie figures).
But sadly, no luck finding them. (But urgh, I will love you for ETERNITY if you can link me to a store where they sell some online.)

AHHHHHHH!! All this talk about the 9th movie merchandise is getting me all excited!!!

Okay, two topics;

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?:

and

If you could get any 9th movie themed merch, what would you get? (the movie, soundtrack CD, manga, etc.):

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?:
Mine, without a doubt was when Ash was about to drown and Manaphy sent out May's prayers to Ash, saving him/waking him up before he drowned. And how he, without a second thought, sacrificed him self and put May in that pod so she'd be safe. URGH GHFRDJUEKGFHRJDKE. <3
Or how May thought Ash died. Dat look in her eyes noooogbfdjesw. But then when she saw he was alive AHHHHHHH!! <3
Or when May overheard Jack telling Ash that May and Manaphy couldn't be together forever and Ash saw May and he just looked so disappointed frgdysajwikgfhdyreujswgfhjdeswa

Urgh, I'm sorry. I'm having one of those days.

Also, can anyone suggest me some good 9th movie, Advanceshipping themed fics? 'Cause you know, I'm really in the mood for some!:3

*skids in* Sorry I haven't been around guys! My laptop's a piece of junk, so things are slow going. But anyway, let's pump some life back in here, all right? Welcome to all new members, we're so glad to have you join us :)

if Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?

If we're going completely out of the realm of pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised to have Ash and May meet each other through famous association; Ash would be some famous hero superstar, and May would be a reporter/interviewer, and they would meet each other unofficially on the red carpet, without realizing who the other was, but then they actually meet at a coffeeshop one day by accident, and then everything starts to fall into place.

Or, they could both meet at a food eating contest. And they tie. And that impresses them so much that they continue their acquaintance xD

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?

Don't worry GloomyHaruka, we all have those days ;)

I would say my favorite part would have to be the whole temple scene. Even if you aren't a shipper, it's nearly impossible to deny that that scene has some sort of romantic value, if not deep friendship value. And that's what we're all about here at Advanceshipping: friendship born romanticism <3

New banner from the one and only;

Advanceshipping127_zpsc9c1564e.png

[i'm an angel with a shotgun
fighting till the war's won
i don't care if heaven won't take me back.]

The quotes I put in my banners are usually my own, but this time they aren't; they're part of the lyrics to the song "Angel with a Shotgun" by the Cab. I've been very obsessed with this song lately, and I felt it had Advanceshipping value, if ADV was an Angel!AU of some sort xD

Until later! Stay strong everyone :)

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?

Swimming with Luvdiscs. So much running under that (Pokedex description and what not) and that scene was so RANDOM! Like, you could have just left it out completely but for some reason the directors left it in. I smell shipping and love!

(Nice to see this thread still up and running though ^^ *tackles princess*)

Back
Top Bottom