• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?:
Meh, I couldn't really see it. Although, if during the series they made the remake for Pokemon R/S, then I could see her reappearing for either a few episodes or even a movie if we're lucky!!!
As for how they'd meet up? Perhaps it'll be a planned meeting like last time. Orrrrr it'll be a surprised bumped into each other meeting kind of thing. lol

@Hurricane Kishore Well, I think I'd have to disagree with the whole 'the writer's like Drew more than Ash'. Because obviously if they did, it'd be Drew travelling, not Ash.xD lol Ash is their cash cow after all.
Though, I do agree that I'd love to see a re-match against the 2! That'd be great. But I guess they wanted to show that you don't have to do gym battles to be strong. You can do anything really and still be a great battler. And because of Drew, it made May into a very important character rather than her being a side character.
She had her own strong, rival that's even equal to that of her teacher (Ash). Which was really cooool. <3 It gave May many opportunity's to show herself and to show others that she's strong too! Ahaha and I also liked how Drew was May's version of Gary!!xD LOL
Ahaha I guess that's another factor that makes Advanceshipping cute! They both have rivals that tease them a lot.
As for your question/topic (What give Ash more chance to be with May then Drew ?) I personally don't like answering these questions per-say. Since I feel like I'm bashing on the other ship. lol
Buuut I can still explain why I like this ship specifically. While I like Drew because he made May a very important character, as mentioned before, I couldn't really see them getting involved romantically. Ahaha I guess I feel like that for a lot of rival type ships.
But that's just my personal opinion. Because I don't know about you guys, but after a while, I'd get a bit annoyed of being in a relationship where we'd have to constantly compete with one another.Dx I prefer Advanceshipping because they're different but the same at the same time.
They have different goals and even different views on certain things, but they also have a lot in common - enough for them to get along and be themselves. Get what I mean?xD lol

@Princess of Hoenn I MADE A VERY LOUD, MANLY SCREECH.
It's realllllllly pretty!!!; A ; I am totally in love with the colours hfrdjuehrnjdeksw Greatttttttttt job!! <3
As for the topic;

What do you think is May and Ash's favorite summer activity to do together?:
Hmmm well. I'm not much of a summer person, but I'll try to answer! ^ 0 ^
I guess a place I could see them going would be the beach. And have some watermelons!! Everyone loves watermelons.~
A place I'd like to go personally would be a nice big field of flowers!= u = Just flowers, hills and grass. Nothing else.
I could sooooo see them going there as they'd travel. Ahaha it's going to sound cheesy but-
I could totally imagine a scene where May gets realllly excited and just decides to run in and enjoy the flowers and dance and all that stuff. Then Ash looks at her and finds her really pretty in the field of flowers but finds her even more beautiful when she's having fun/smiling and grfdeyhsjwfhdejuws
yeah

Honestly , I want Ash to go to kalo region after 2 year Timeskip where he going to train under his father/Bruno/Riley So he doesn't have face the same humiliation he faced in Unova !
Anyway ,
Ash become 12 (Finalllyyyyy) and gain an ability to see though thing .
12 year old May will be going though some problem in her life that she trying to hide but Ash will able to see though it and get rid of those problem by using his own plan.
May will be surprised and greatfull that Ash help her
That what I want !

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope dearly for a remake of Ruby and Saphire, and bringing back May even for a little bit would be a splendid way to advertise it!
It could be as random as her wanting to take a vacation in a whole new, foreign place or maybe they'll bring back Pokemon Contest this generation. I liked the concept of them and would be disappointed if Pokemon scrapped the idea after Unova. It'd be an easy route to take as well since the writers could do something along the lines of May hearing how Ash went to the distant Unova region and wanted to travel far as well- leading her to Kalos!

Most definitely keeping cool so probably the beach! They'd probably have a picnic with all their friends at the beach all day and at night throw like a bonfire BBQ. Ash and May would most likely devour EVERYTHING and would probably have fun, cute moments throughout the day...leading to stronger moments at the bonfire. In the day, they'd probably bury Ash in the sand and May would take advantage and give him a very womanly sand figure. Then at night they'd probably sit really closely/cuddle together while enjoying the BBQ with their friends...Or May would collapse onto Ash's side after the fun events of the day at the beach. xD

First off the reason I like the advanceshipping is because out of all the girls Ash has traveled with the relationship between him and May seems to be the strongest, also comparing May to Dawn (who I think is the only other character to come even close to rivaling May) they both started out as beginning trainers with the same goal and with Ash as a mentor to both of them, with May it feels like she was able to reach Ash's level, where as Dawn it feels like she still has a long way to go before she reaches the level Ash is at. Also Ash risked his own life to save May's, which he has never done for Dawn.

My hopes for Ash's Kalos travel partners are as fallowed: (I do like the Hoenn seasons best)
1. May (Love intrest)
2. Brock (Funny character)
3. Max (How he's progressed as a trainer)

I would find it ideal if it where just Ash, May, and Brock but since that would be almost repeating the Hoenn travel group I don't have high hopes of that being it. I do want May to come back so this shipping can become canon, because it should be! Also if nothing else I want Brock back, because he was a great character through out the series.

You obviously haven't seen the old thread. It has ALOT of inuendo.
Inuendo? Now you've got my curiosity, would it be possible to get a link to this old thread some how?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have returned!

Welcome back @Ash Ketchum.;

Inuendo? Now you've got my curiosity, would it be possible to get a link to this old thread some how?

Firstyl, welcome!. Secondly, I was exaggerating a bit and the thread is loooooong (longer than this one even) but here.

How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I'm generally against the idea of coincidental meetings so I'd prefer if it was a planned meeting. As for the reason? It could be anything. We won't be seeing May again unless we get RS remakes, unfortunately.

Double posting isn't allowed, so I merged your posts. Use the edit function next time you want to add on to your first post.
Thanks, I'm new here so I'm still learning all the "tricks and turns" of these forums. I'm a fast learner and catch on quick, so I appreciate the help. Thanks again.

I have returned!

Welcome back @Ash Ketchum.;

Firstyl, welcome!. Secondly, I was exaggerating a bit and the thread is loooooong (longer than this one even) but here.

How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I'm generally against the idea of coincidental meetings so I'd prefer if it was a planned meeting. As for the reason? It could be anything. We won't be seeing May again unless we get RS remakes, unfortunately.
And thank you as well for the welcome and the link. I know not to re-post anything I might find on that forum or to post anything like it, because I might be new but I know better than to post anything to horrible into a forum or where ever.

I hope you guys like the pic on Post# 6926. Her name is Cynthia Ketchum. She's an OC that I came up with and Victini is her guardian and the Sinnoh champion is her godmother.

Last edited:
OK~!
Um......
I really don't know. I think we should wait for more information on it or something.
Swimming because of the movies, eating ice cream or something else that's "summery" (FOOD), hiking or going on a cruise (they love traveling, right?), and maybe some picnic. :)

I hope you guys like the pic on Post# 6926. Her name is Cynthia Ketchum. She's an OC that I came up with and Victini is her guardian and the Sinnoh champion is her godmother.

Ahh, so you're the artist? Welcome!

What do you think is May and Ash's favorite summer activity to do together?

Anything related to food. Picnics being the most obvious ones of course.

I just realized something and I'm wondering if any one else did as well:

MaY

MaX

There may be more of a chance of May (and Max) returning in Pokemon X and Y than originally thought.

Now for a summer activity I can see them going to a park to battle (Ash), and then having a picnic afterwards (May).

That's really stretching it. Besides, to them, it's Haruka and Masato. But even their Japanese names were May and Max, that's still a really baseless theory.

Though I would love to theorize over Ash and May's reacquaintance in the Kalos region, or in the new X and Y generation, I'm afraid Pokemon is moving forward at a very fast speed, not to mention in a new direction. Goodness, Hoenn feels like such a long time ago, doesn't it?

Well, that's what fan art and fanfiction are for, right? To hold the fort while we get by day after day :) At times like these, we're made not to succeed, but to endure.

Advanceshipping129_zps7d2bd4bb.jpg

[from the ash and dust--this is not the end, I know it,
i promise, i promise, i promise i'll never let you go.]

New topic?

In the bleakest of your shipping days, what keeps you going? What keeps you coming back to Advanceshipping?

In the bleakest of your shipping days, what keeps you going? What keeps you coming back to Advanceshipping?
Fanfiction, that's very much it, fanfiction is what return me to advanceshipping in the first place and what is keeping it alive for now, all I need is hope for the fucking remake

There's a hint,.in the Pokemon Black and White..... in Ash's room, you can see that he kept the wooden Teddiursa doll May gave him during Sinnoh,and Misty's lure wasn't seen or anything...

Oh yeah, that one is well known. Interesting fact is that aside from the figurine, all but one of the mementos are directly related to Pokemon battles of some form.

15484d1284647379-bw001-isshu-region-zekroms-shadow-bw002-iris-kibago-bw001ashroomdp.jpg

We've got the Soothe Bells from the Tag Battle tournament, the Summer Scholl Diploma, the PokeRinger Diploma and the Twinleaf Festival Trophy. The Foucusband was given for helping out a town or something.

The Teddiursa Figure is the only one that was a personalized gift. Rememberm everyone got a Focusband and Brock got his own gift of a Ursaring figure. A special gift, just for Ash. :3

I just like ADV. I'll keep coming back I guess =D Just gotta ship what you ship

The knowledge that is just as bleak for everyon other ship.

Well, it helps that I honestly can't see Ash with any other girl or boy--although May is a whole different story, as you can tell from my signature (◕‿◕) I really love AdvanceShipping, so I always end up coming back to it, no matter what. But sometimes, when it does seem a bit bleak (this is the pokemon fandom, though, so almost all shippings are, as said before), I just rewatch the AG and DP-arc, and then I'm all pumped up again and obsessed with shipping them. xD

Last edited:

Because we always make it, and we always pull through. When push comes to shove, we step up and endure.

Advanceshipping130_zps0b5fe71b.png

[in that moment, we were infinite...]

In the end, we always will be.

Back
Top Bottom