• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

@Disconcern64; @Venus8; Welcome, both of you! It's been a long time since I posted here too so hopefully people still remember me.

May's contest style has been described as too focused on the 'battling' aspect rather than the 'performance' aspect and having being influenced by Ash in the show. So yeah, she'd do well in a straight up battle tournament.

Terracotta Ribbon 'contest' was also a straight up battle if you look closely. They were barely focusing on the performance aspect of contests.

since we explored the possibility of May returning to Ash... what about vice versa?
Hmm...that's actually really interesting!! O_O I never considered that.
I don't really have many ideas for that...but it would be quite interesting to see Ash meet Lisia. And, with the ORAS remakes, it will be quite interesting to see how different Hoenn is.
Maybe Ash meeting the Treecko trainer could maybe make him reminisce a little bit about May? I can really imagine May being really shocked seeing him. It would be interesting to have him arrive and see her again while she's in the middle of a contest!! ><

Hey @Venus8;! Nice to meet you. <3

Hmm I agree with @Ranger Jack Walker; May's definitely focused more on the battling aspect. That's what I love her about her, she's able to perform combinations that not only look good, they knock Pokemon out. XD

@Anikasnow6; Omg yes, if Ash actually visited May, I feel like he'd surprise her in a middle of a contest when things are looking down for her. I'm probably thinking that would happen because I've read some fanfics where that happens.. but that's always how I pictured it. XD

I hope this isn't an imposition, but... I'm sort of stuck between which one I like better. I've been an AdvanceShipper since 2004, but... I don't know. Any reason you like AdvanceShipping more?

It is my first post on this thread and I decided to post since this whole thread seems a bit 'quiet'.

I originally only played the Pokemon games, but about a year ago I got to find out about other aspects of Pokemon such as the anime or the forums like bmgf. I've been watching the AG series for a few months now (On the internet, since i was like 4-5 when AG first aired, unfortunately.) and I really like the chemistry that Ash and May share with each other.
I didn't even know about the whole 'shipping' business until a few months ago, but I guess I became a big fan of AdvanceShipping because of the amazing fanfics I read (May's Crush, Two of a Kind, even though they are pretty old) and movie 9 (Which re-aired in Korea in the cinemas a few weeks ago for some unknown reason, they gave Manaphy for ORAS too! haha)'s cute scenes.
I've also watched some of the other anime such as OS or DP, but the interactions between Ash and Misty/Dawn didn't interest me too much.

Oh well, back to studying for my mid-terms~

since we explored the possibility of May returning to Ash... what about vice versa?

The thought of Ash running in slow motion into May with tears streaming down his face while a pack of beedrill chase him makes me giggle. I think that kind of dramatic reunion would be funny, especially if May turns around and runs too

I haven't bothered going through this thread yet, though I will sometime next year (summer).
I will say that there's several reason why I like Advanceshipping best out of all of the ships.
Pokeshipping: Misty yells at him way too often. I know some people are into the tsundere stuff, but I personally don't think that's a good basis for a lasting relationship.
Pearlshipping: they seem more like brother and sister.
Amourshipping: actually promising, but Serena comes across as too...intense. for example, she left home just to find Ash. and while that's quite cute, that's also pretty disturbing. (some might even say, stalker much?) Also, her character doesn't seem to have much potential. Yes she has a goal of becoming a performer, but other than that, not much. Plus, May's personality and character seem to be so much better.
Not even going to bother address Contestshipping fully, Drew is just (for lack of better words) an arrogant bastard who can turn on the charm when he wants to. Even if May did fall for him, she'd realize it before things got too far.
And finally, Advanceshipping. They do argue, but they make it up. They don't argue too often, and they have a deep bond that I would argue goes beyond close friendship. Then you watch the 9th movie and you realize there's so many hints: the luvdisc being one of the most obvious ones. Also, if Ash is the King of the Sea, Manaphy is the Prince of the Sea, and May is Manaphy's mom (aka Queen of the Sea), then it logically follows that the King and Queen of the Sea are together: therefore, Ash and May should be together. There's many more moments they share in the anime, and those have convinced me that Advanceshipping is the best.

Where did everyone go? did they move onto another website? If so, please let me know so I can join in.

People often weave in and out of forums, depending on the activity and popularity of the section/the threads. There's also many platforms that people use in the pokemon anime fandom to communicate as well as forums, such as tumblr, deviantart, twitter. Unfortunately, I don't know where is the most popular with Advanceshippers.

What I can suggest to you, though, is- if you would like to see a gathering of Advanceshippers again on this thread, is to try and revive it, by asking questions/ introducing a topic for people to discuss. I'm sure there's many Advanceshippers who would appreciate the thread being revived!

It's been a while... so I have a question for you all. With Alola being a tropical place and Hoenn also being closer to the equator, what do you think about May returning or visiting?

Alright, what'd I miss?

790.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist it. :censored:

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted here!

Well, I just want you guys to know that I'm still the biggest advanceshipper ever! I don't get on here all that much, but I wanted to so we can breathe life into advanceshipping!

To kick things off, I figured it might be good to ask a question!

What do you think would happen if May appeared in Alola?
I know it's not as likely anymore, but I feel like it would be pretty neat if she did! :)

Also! Before I forget, I figured I should share that there is an advanceshipping contest happening! :D

You should check it out if you want to write, draw, or make an AMV! Here's the link! http://advancers.proboards.com/thre...fficial-fanfic-contest?page=1&scrollTo=786871

Hope to see a lot of people submit entries! :)

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted here!

Well, I just want you guys to know that I'm still the biggest advanceshipper ever! I don't get on here all that much, but I wanted to so we can breathe life into advanceshipping!

To kick things off, I figured it might be good to ask a question!

What do you think would happen if May appeared in Alola?
I know it's not as likely anymore, but I feel like it would be pretty neat if she did! :)

Also! Before I forget, I figured I should share that there is an advanceshipping contest happening! :D

You should check it out if you want to write, draw, or make an AMV! Here's the link! http://advancers.proboards.com/thre...fficial-fanfic-contest?page=1&scrollTo=786871

Hope to see a lot of people submit entries! :)
Well if she's in Alola, she's probably there for the contests. She'd be more successful than Ash lel, as she's actually built up quite the reputation as a coordinator. She's probably going from place to place conquering contests and if she's in Alola, she's probably there for the same thing. It'd be a heartfelt reunion and they'd probably rejoin each other as a team seeing as unlike in Diamond and Pearl, there's not exactly anywhere else May could have been headed that's exactly out of the way of where Ash needs to stay considering it's an island lol.

You guys seem deprived of Ash/May stories. Allow me to help!

STAY

Notes: Takes place after the Terracotta Contest
Ash is 14, May is 13
Set to the song of the same name by Alessia Cara

The sun is setting in Terracotta Town. 14 year old Ash Ketchum and 13 year old May Maple have just tied in the unofficial Terracotta Pokémon Contest and each have a half ribbon to show for it. Now they've both started planning for the next phase of their journey. May's next words will shock the young Trainer...

"I've decided to enter the Johto Pokémon Contests by myself!" she declared to her friends and brother.

Waiting for the time to pass you by
Hope the winds of change will change your mind

'WHAT?!' Ash thought. 'I know she's come far as a both a Trainer and a Coordinator, but going out on her own? If anything happened to her, I don't know what I'd do!'

And I know you and you've got to
Make it on your own but we don't have to grow up
We could stay forever young

Ash then realized that Max had gone missing. He quickly walked away from the picnic they were having to go talk to his genius friend. "Max..."

"Oh. Hey, Ash," Max greeted with a somber look on his face. "What's up?"

"Ever feel like something...or someone...is being torn away from you right when you need them the most?" Ash asked. Max knew he was talking about his sister.

"I knew it...you're in love with my sister, aren't you?" he asked.

"I am, Max," the Trainer confirmed. "Now I'm losing her and I haven't told her how I really feel about her..."

"Tell her, Ash. You can save her from making the biggest mistake of her life."

Ash smiled. Max agreed with him and Brock that May could be making a huge mistake by going out on her own. It was up to the aspiring Pokémon Master to tell May how he felt before she left and possibly made a huge mistake.

All you have to do is stay
A minute
Just take, your time
The clock is ticking
So stay

Now, thanks to Max's assessment that his sister could be making a huge mistake, Ash sprang into action, running to May just as the last call for the ferry back to Petalburg City was being made.

"MAY!" Ash called out.

May turned behind her and saw the jet black-haired Trainer coming up behind her. "Ash?"

Won't admit what I already know
Never been the best at letting go
I don't want to spend the night alone
And I need you
And I've got to
Make it on my own but I don't want to grow up
We could stay forever young

"May, I've got something to tell you..." Ash started. "Throughout our journey together, I've watched you grow as both a Trainer and a Coordinator. In turn, you've helped me grow as a Trainer. I don't know what I'd do without you. What I'm trying to say is...I love you, Maybelline Allison Maple!"

May blushed at Ash's confession. She smiled and kissed him before saying "Ash, I've been waiting for you to say that! Truth is that...I've been in love with you ever since I saw how you never left Pikachu's side on the day we met. I was so excited to travel through Hoenn and the Battle Frontier with you. Now that I know how you really feel...I can't wait to see where our journey takes us next!"

"OUR journey? Does that mean...?"

May smiled. "That's right, Ash. While I may head back to Petalburg City now, as soon as I find out where you're going next, I'll be right there by your side. I'm staying with you!"

All you have to do is wait
A second
Your hands, on mine
The clock is ticking
So stay

"Guess that means we're..."

"Boyfriend and girlfriend."

Immediately, Pikachu climbed on top of Ash's shoulder. "Pikachu Pikapi! Pi Pikachu Pika!" (Translation: Nice goin', Ash! You finally got yourself a girlfriend!)

"She's more than just a girl, Pikachu. May's a woman."

As May and Max sailed away to Petalburg City, Brock came up to the duo of Ash and Pikachu..."Well, Ash...you finally did it. You finally have a girlfriend."

"I know, Brock. And I know I'll see her again real soon."

On the ferry back to Petalburg City...

May looked off into the distance to where Ash was standing. "What's got you so happy, sis?" Max asked of his sister.

May swooned. "I finally have the man of my dreams - and I know I'll see him again...when OUR journey continues."

Not 2 months later, she did rejoin Ash and later Brock alongside fellow Pokemon Coordinator Dawn as their journey through the Sinnoh region began. And all she had to do...was STAY.

Here's a topic for you!

What would a possible reunion between Ash and May be like....if it were in Pallet Town?

I'm still working on May's Justice.

A lot of us seem to come in and out of advancers forum more than the advanceshipping threads on here and Serebii.
I still need to write that story for Wubbzy, but can't remember what it was. I think it was one with May being a pokemon trainer instead of a coordinator.

It's been a while since I checked up on here, hey! Guys! Sadly there hasn't been any activity here for months. That makes me sad. :(

I feel like most people did head over to Advancers, Chloe. Lol (it's more fun over there ;p).

Did you manage to finish that story though Chloe?

And to answer the above question: "What would a possible reunion between Ash and May be like....if it were in Pallet Town?"

In my mind, it may go something like this scenario: Ash's mom invites everyone over after Ash graduates from school in Alola (I can totally see her being super proud of Ash!). And there, they would both catch up with all their recent adventures. Ash would be really proud of May of making it so far on her own, without him by her side. He might also be a bit... Melancholic about it. May would probably feel that same as well. They would both be happy about each other's accomplishments for sure, and may even suggest going on another journey together! Lol, one can hope anyway. XD

Here's a topic for you!

What would a possible reunion between Ash and May be like....if it were in Pallet Town?
I think perhaps them talking about the Terracotta Ribbon again and having a battle - I wish to see May's evolved Pokemon. I would like to see May's character development and therefore in the episode see Ash and May talking about the journeys they've had. I hope they go to some sort of event that links them both like a battle event or a contest for example. Maybe all the companions can have a get together but I don't see that happening soon.

Seems like no one is active here anymore, though there was a hint of may returning in SM anime.

I don't remember which episode it was, but there were a lot of hairstyles. May's hairstyle was there (Exactly the same during the advance generation arc) and the thing that sits on her head (i don't know what that is)

If you combine the hairstyle and thing that sits on her head, it would exactly match the movie The mystery of mew and the hairstyle would match the entire advanced generation arc.

and that's not everything, Brock's hairstyle was there too and he has appeared in the sm anime, which gives this theory hope.
tbh I don't expect her to come back in SM arc but I believe she could come back in the 8th generation arc.

and I am new here, I have been here for a year just looking around the forums.

Either way, What do you think about this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom