• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, during the ballroom scene, we see Ash wanting to go enjoy the ball too, but the lady tells him that he must sit down and “look regal” instead of dancing. Do you think that, if he had been able to go and be part of the ball, would he have danced with May? Would May have said yes?

Yes he would have. Not because of any shippy reason but because May was the only girl who he knew in that ballroom.

Last edited:
In Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, during the ballroom scene, we see Ash wanting to go enjoy the ball too, but the lady tells him that he must sit down and “look regal” instead of dancing. Do you think that, if he had been able to go and be part of the ball, would he have danced with May? Would May have said yes?

Yes he would have. Not because of any shippy reason but because May was the only girl who knew in that ballroom.

that's true but May might make a gesture to Ash that he asked her cause she was pretty with her dress and he'll just start to turn red

I missed you Princess :bawling:

Great fanfic even it's a little sad >w<

Anyway..

In Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, during the ballroom scene, we see Ash wanting to go enjoy the ball too, but the lady tells him that he must sit down and “look regal” instead of dancing. Do you think that, if he had been able to go and be part of the ball, would he have danced with May? Would May have said yes

Considering that Ash said he wanted to have some 'fun'...One hand he could've wanted to eat, the other is that he wanted to dance. If they were to dance, May would finish dancing with the other guy, and run over to Ash at the food table and invite HIM to dance. After a few 'ughs' 'ums' and 'ehs' He'll accept...And she'll have to teach him how to dance

At what point in the show did you start to support AdvanceShipping?

Honestly...I don't know o.o I remember I used to like PokeShipping. The way I used to see it was "Misty likes Ash, May likes Ash, Drew likes May, and Ash doesn't care/know". I honestly don't remember when I decided to switch, but it might've been cuz I started liking May more and disliking Dawn.

Probably. I mean, you don't have to be in love to dance together. I had a lot of friends who just danced together with some of our friends of the opposite sex for the heck of it.

Holy...

May_Movie_8_Dress_x_by_grlplysme.jpg

Wasn't Ash down there fighting? :O :O :O

Uh, yes... Hmm... If I see who his rival was, (depending if he's hot or not) I'll be convinced.

But that is cute either way. May doesn't do that alot. xD

Uh, yes... Hmm... If I see who his rival was, (depending if he's hot or not) I'll be convinced.

But that is cute either way. May doesn't do that alot. xD

May: Oh my gosh Ash is so strong <3<3

lol

Last edited:
Actually, the scene before showed the Queen greeting the people. Then May comments on how beautiful the queen is in this screenshot.

That sucks >> *sighs and goes back to scour for more AdvanceShippy hints in the 8th movie*

Hey guys, I'm not an Advanceshipper, but i think the fanart is cute, and the pairing is nice, so I'm gonna check up on here more often.

Besides, I wanna help you outdo the Pokeshippers. >:D

AdvanceShipping_United_DP_by_JinxSatoHaru.png

^ hoping that you enjoy your stay ashfangirl ^^ may whatever advanceshippy spirit you have be with you during your visit :]

@DD - the first time i saw that screenie, i thought it was advanceshippy too...but then i watched the part and i realized it wasn't -.- oh well, there are definetely more advanceshippy hints...we just need to find them :D

new topic! (not sure if this has been done before XD)

What fairy tale does advanceshipping remind you most of and why?
i think advanceshipping is more of an "aladdin" story. like, the whole "ash showed may the world of pokemon" corresponds with "aladdin showing jasmine a whole new world" and how may was the "arabian princess" for the wallace cup and in some episode, ash was dressed like a sultan...

hmm maybe romeo and jueliet (with out the death) cause they are forced apart by their "parents"(A.K.A the writers) and we all know their true feelings but it's not ment to be for now (but we will return in greater numbers! lol)

Princess of Hoenn;1313568[B said:
What fairy tale does advanceshipping remind you most of and why?[/B]
i think advanceshipping is more of an "aladdin" story. like, the whole "ash showed may the world of pokemon" corresponds with "aladdin showing jasmine a whole new world" and how may was the "arabian princess" for the wallace cup and in some episode, ash was dressed like a sultan...

You do know that Alladin is a Chinese story, right? Unless you're referring to the Disney movie...

Hey, guys! You might know me but I just converted from poke to advance so I'll be joining this discussion if its okay with you guys.

Here's a link to a cute Advance pic: http://fav.me/d20khyx

Welcome, pokefan38!

What fairy tale does advanceshipping remind you most of and why?

That was "March of the Exeggutor Squad." Ash was showing Melvin the Magician magic tricks, and he dressed up as "The Swami."

They don't remind me of any fairy tale, but they do remind me of those 90's television shows like Boy Meets World, where they start off as friends, and slowly grow closer together over time. It's really cute.

Yea, deviantart.com is a really good place to find all the shippy pics you want :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom