• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, all of this discussion about fanfics really makes me want to write one. >.<'

By the way, does anyone remember this?
AshXMay12.jpg

That was my favorite part of the episode...*sigh*

Eh? AS fics making Drew a bastard?

I remember reading two of those. They were funny. Very funny, indeed. If anyone is interested, read "Shades of Red" on fanfiction. It's one of my favourites xDDD But I don't normally write fics likes that. *heads turn in shock* What? Ask Princess! She read my *part* of my fic "Heart Beats"

But still.

I NEED TO FINISH MY GODDAMN FICS AND OVER FLOW PRINCESS OF HOENNS PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH FANFICS TO READ *shot*

Drew is often portrayed in AS stories as a creepy stalker, pervert, or both (not pointing any fingers). But think about this: what if Drew were secretly HELPING AS along by trying to make Ash jealous of him? This is my challenge: write a story with this scenario in mind.

I'll get back to this. I have a *really* good idea in mind ;)

Edit: Thanks Princess ^^ Your praise is very much loved ^o^

...it would be nice to have Drew as an ADVshipper :D of course

Have you read "The Man Who Can't Be Moved"? He's an ASer there. If you want, I'll post the link.

And sorry to pick this topic but I found the PERFECT Advanceshipping song.

I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever.
I said there is no reason for my fear.
Cause I feel so secure when we're together.
You give my life direction,
You make everything so clear.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the window,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you.
I've been running round in circles in my mind.
And it always seems that I'm following you, girl,
Cause you take me to the places,
That alone I'd never find.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the wind,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

You read this and tell me it's not about Advanceshipping. I dare you.

Eh? AS fics making Drew a bastard?

But I don't normally write fics likes that. *heads turn in shock* What? Ask Princess! She read my *part* of my fic "Heart Beats"

But still.

I NEED TO FINISH MY GODDAMN FICS AND OVER FLOW PRINCESS OF HOENNS PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH FANFICS TO READ *shot*

hahaha, im patiently waiting ;]

picture.php

awwww...looks like Ash is comforting May - as he usually does ^0^

picture.php

*secret wink* hahaha i like how ash and may are the only ones that look like their sharing something. Max and Brock look oblivious. ^^

picture.php

Ash: I'M NOT JEALOUS!!
Drew (offscreen): yes you are.
May: I wonder if Ash really does like me....

hahaha, im patiently waiting ;]

picture.php

awwww...looks like Ash is comforting May - as he usually does ^0^

picture.php

*secret wink* hahaha i like how ash and may are the only ones that look like their sharing something. Max and Brock look oblivious. ^^

picture.php

Ash: I'M NOT JEALOUS!!
Drew (offscreen): yes you are.
May: I wonder if Ash really does like me....

I like the 2nd one ^^ shes winking at Ash for some reason maybe for love or something XP

What episode is that from? I remember the scene; just can't put a name to the episode.

By the way, does anyone remember this?
AshXMay12.jpg

That was my favorite part of the episode...*sigh*
"YESSSSS!" Watching this outburst made me a very, very happy Advanceshipper.

As for the Drew topic, such a scenario doesn't really seem to fit his character, in my opinion. It was always clear that he liked her, and since he's just as competitive as Ash is, I would have liked the anime to showcase Ash getting more jealous/competitive against him. I felt like everyone aside from May didn't really think about Drew in any way shape or form; he was just kind of ignored by them a lot, which really spoiled some great chances for character development.

Actually, I was happy that Dawn won -Don't hurt me!- *flinches* I just wish that there were more Advance hints in those episodes.

To me, it seemed a little impossible that Dawn won. To me, Dawn is the spoiled "daughter" of the writers. She gets everything...bunch of Pokemon caught, Swinub->Mamoswine(sp?), CYNDAQUIL, trading away Ambipom with no remorse D<...yeah. And then she magically beats May, a trainer that has worked at contests for at least a year (or, since years never go by OFFICIALLY, possibly a day, but with time/space continuum problems), and has Pokemon that are way more powerful than what Dawn should have.

I'm sorry for ranting, I didn't mean to offend any Dawn fans here. Piplup's cool though :) Can't stand his English VA though ><

With the Drew topic, like Gazmof said, the reason why Drew's probably portrayed as a jerk in ADVShipping fanfics is because he is one he actually seems to have feelings for May, and thus, we have ContestShipping, and he'd be to competitive to give it up. If he did play the "secret hero" in a fanfic, it'd probably be after some event like May...rejecting him (for lack of a better term), then considering her feelings and letting her go with May.

-raises flame shield- Don't kill meh D:

To me, it seemed a little impossible that Dawn won. To me, Dawn is the spoiled "daughter" of the writers. She gets everything...bunch of Pokemon caught, Swinub->Mamoswine(sp?), CYNDAQUIL, trading away Ambipom with no remorse D<...yeah. And then she magically beats May, a trainer that has worked at contests for at least a year (or, since years never go by OFFICIALLY, possibly a day, but with time/space continuum problems), and has Pokemon that are way more powerful than what Dawn should have.
I absolutely couldn't agree more - you said it better than I ever could. I actually like Dawn and her character, but the whole scenario of her beating May was a slap in the face to May's character and I think it lost Dawn more fans than it won for her.

I think you bring up a valid point, ryuuseiSoul, about Drew. There's no doubt he was portrayed (at least at the beginning of the series) to *be* a stereotypical jerk, just like Gary was portrayed that way in the beginning of the first season. That's not a flame on his character, it's just a fact of the early AG season. Now, has he changed his ways since he was first introduced in AG? Well, that depends on who you ask, I suppose; I'll just reiterate that I would have liked to see more interaction between him and Ash to develop not only the dynamic of Advanceshipping, but also Contestshipping as well (I'm sure Contestshippers would have liked to see a bit more drama, too - it makes for a much more exciting show).

I remember one episode where Ash battled Roselia with Taillow and LOST. That drove me nuts. Taillow had a distinct type advantage and Ash was supposed to be a dedicated battler. I always wanted a rematch, but Ash just shrugged it off and that was the closest we ever got to Ash and Drew really interacting. I really would have liked for the writers to develop that dynamic more.

I don't remember the episode name, but if anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful.

100% agree!!! Dawn is like the girl that gets what she wants, which is why i dont like her character in the anime (but i like her in the manga...no offense though)

Last edited:
Why do I think you guys are gonna hate me for this...*sighs*

I'm sorry to say(to you guys)...I've become a PokeShipper. I'm still an AdvanceShipper and I always will be...I'm just more on the PokeShipping side.
So to bid farewell to you guys, here are some pics:

advancecontestoutfitsby.png

1823573.jpg

advanceshippingonthegra.jpg

Why yes, I know how to use the image tags now.

I'll make sure to visit this thread once in a while though...bye!

*is waiting to be called a traitor*

Last edited:
*is waiting to be called a traitor*

I'm dismayed, not because you're a multishipper now, but that you think we're going to ostracize you. Come on, please! Anyone that does that is immature and shouldn't be listened to, no matter their 'shipping beliefs.

Hope you visit us often Honest Eyes. :3

I absolutely couldn't agree more - you said it better than I ever could. I actually like Dawn and her character, but the whole scenario of her beating May was a slap in the face to May's character and I think it lost Dawn more fans than it won for her.

Nah, I think Dawn deserved that win. It showed that May wasn't perfect and still had flaws. If she had won that contest, it would've felt like she had come back to the show just to do some heavy asskicking, which doesn't fit her character at all.

She still has Ash's flaws, though, eventhough she left the group to find her own style. If she had used a Pokemon against Dawn that had more battle experience, rather than going with the excitingly new and using a Pokemon that only just evolved and didn't really do any battling yet. Then she would have probably won.

She took a gamble and lost. Such is life.

*recycles an old topic*

What song do you associate with AdvanceShipping?

Long Kiss Good bye (Shortened Version and translated)

What made me think
Was how you could say that with a straight face
When you asked "When would we meet again"

Basically the end of the Wallace Cup/Hoenn

Anytime you talk so much
I know you don't get it
For a moment I see your bluff
I cry

I guess this means how May feels about Ash not understanding her feelings, when he pretends to

Do my tears even work on you?

May cries alot >>

I keep saying "I want to be loved"
In my own special way
But you still don't get the hint

May always talk about romance around Ash. But he doesn't get the hint

I have this nagging feeling
That i'll never see you again

When she left for Johto...

I wish I could tell you, but I can't find the words
Maybe i'll rather listen to you lie
I can't even say "Don't leave me"

The end of Hoenn...May just said goodbye, and didn't confess...I damn well think she wants to say more =3= Oh and, the 'lie' bit could just be how he's pretending to be willing to let go of her...Wait that makes no sense. Nevermind...

When you let go of my hand
Will you forget
About me?

If she learns all she could from him (Ash, aka, Loving mentor...), and leaves to travel on her own, would he remember her?

I wish I could tell you, but I can't find the words
Maybe i'll rather listen to you lie
I can't even say "Don't leave me"

Edit:

OH SWEET JESUS! *head desk*

We're losing members. God, this is like the Akatasuki (except we're not bad) >>"

Who knows. I might end up being like Tobi, the last member. *sigh*

Well, It was nice knowing you...Have fun in the PokeShipping thread

Last edited:
Oh. Lol. Ok.

-------------

forophalyn.jpg

I'd always found this extremely cute <3

---

I also like how Manaphy used "Heart Swap" on May and Ash. I feel like as if they've linked hearts or something. Which is so epic to think about :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom