• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping Vs Pokeshipping

advanceshipping or pokeshipping

• AdvanceShipping

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • PokéShipping

Votes: 47 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too true, I think that pokeshipping might be done for, even if there is no romantic relationships between Ash and DPgirl.

If there isn't, they might strengthen Ash and May's relationship if Drew does happen to leave.

Anyways, Misty has to stay in Kanto for the gym, and after two times, I don't think that the writers will make Ash and Co. travel through Kanto again.

You should be more worried since AdvanceShipping is in the exact same position as PokéShipping with regards to Hikari. In fact, both are in the position PokéShippers were in when May was introduced.

If Hikari shows a romantic interest in Ash, or Ash even shows an interest in Hikari, then both ships are in hot water. (Especially AdvanceShipping with the canonicity of ContestShipping.) If nothing happens, or the writers do the same as Advance Generation and create a ship with Hikari and someone within her own story, then we are back to square one and PokéShipping still has a chance if there is a final saga.

Yea, that would be something. Contestshipping might be dropped at Rivals Forever. Advanceshipping doesn't have enough hints to be competition if Pearlshipping does become cannon or if DPgirl does take May's place. Pokeshipping would go the same way as Advanceshipping if Pearlshipping cannon-ness is shown.

Nothings set in stone right now. If Ash has a chance to be off the cast for DPgirl, then rest assured, anything could happen. They might be trying to go to Shino with a clean slate.

who was it confirmed by anyway
that the girl in diamond and pearl would be in the saga
if so then ash has way too many girls
the girl in the second movie
latias/bianca
misty
may
and others if i missed them
besides the girl in P/D not that great

Hikari may not even meet Ash. Most of those other girls we'll never see again. And Misty isn't pinning for Ash anymore. That severely limits his list, doesn't it?

cold_katanagirl said:
May isn't pining on Ash at all. :/

May doesn't pin on anyone else, either. As a leading protagonist, the writers never have her go out of her way to hit on anyone. This is why everything comes to HER, she never goes out of her way to flirt herself.

hmmm are you an advanceshipper or you just like to defend may?
cause you dont really say which side you're on

I have been thinking about it and now I'm a none-shipper.

Both shippings aren't real because Ash doesn't really care about relationships. He cares only about pokemon and badges. He likes Misty and May as friends and he doesn't see them as girlfriends. He likes them but doesn't have any crushies. I know, Pokeshippers and Advanceshippers would like to see Misty/May and Ash together but probably it will never happen. He met Misty in Mirage pokemon special episode and he wasn't like "Ohh, Misty you are sweet..." he cared more about his buddy Pikachu. He likes May as a younger sister (he doesn't have siblings). Actually only one girl was little interesting for him- she was... Latias, but he didn't have crush either. Love-part isn't important in the anime. Misty has had a little crush on Ash (we could see it in some episodes + Pokemon2000) but he has liked her only as good mate or as older sister.
Now I see him as a alone, young man who is a good pokemon trainer and he doesn't need a girlfriend. maybe someday he will meet someone but not now.

Kasumi said:
Nobody is, actually.

Well that's not really true. Macy from Jhoto Leauge pinned after him and than there was Melody from Pokemon the movie 200 and a couple of other girls. Ask for Ash feelings towards girls who knows what will happen, he's just busey with Pokemon right now.

I'm content with the votes on the poll.

Advanceshipping only has 10 less votes than Pokeshipping (at the moment 14 compared to 24), which says a lot considering Bulbagarden is generally known to have lots and lots of Pokeshipping fans.

With Pokeshipping as popular as it is on this forum, Advanceshipping isn't all that far behind, and that's good.

Aw, I liked the bias. :p

I've noticed a lot of active AdvanceShippers around here recently. Possibly more so than PokéShippers.

Time vs. popularity

I think that it is more of a case of amount of exposure in the recent episodes of the animé than popularity, FabuVinny. May has been in every episode for several years, while Misty has only been in a few one-off shows and specials. Because of this, there are more current fans of the animé familliar with May than they are with Misty. Simply put, AdvanceShipping has the bonus of being the current topic of debate, while only the older fans know enough about Misty's role in the past to talk about PokéShipping.

As Scott85 rightly points out, BMG, with its large veteran population of fans, leans towards the better-founded PokéShipping rather than the current and 'hot' topic of AdvanceShipping.

Similarly, I would expect forums with a membership made up of more recent fans to focus more on AdvanceShipping, ContestShipping and their ilk. I would not expect them to reflect much interest in PokéShipping or any other ship that included Misty, simply because they are not familliar with the character and her relationships with the current main cast.

I'm supportive of both. I was a very strong supporter of Pokéshipping during the early years of Pokémon, I had some great debates on another message board. The funny thing is, I was always trying to prove Pokéshipping over Palletshipping.

Advanceshipping really didn't hit me until I got into May. I have to admit, I really like May, and find her so likeable that it makes me prefer Advanceshipping. Although I still have some Pokéshipping in me, I think Ash shows more affection towards May, and it's hard to get romantic stuff out of our Ashy.

Misty always seemed so hot-headed that I always pictured her having to cool down to become involved seriously with Ash. May's calm enough, but still stubborn and tough enough to be independent.

Personally, I wish they'd add more romance into the animé, period. I really hope that they don't abandon both Pokéshipping and Advanceshipping to move on to another girl (or guy, depending on how the shipping slides ;) ). Ash is getting to that age where hormones cannot be ignored, and I doubt the writers are going to keep up this age issue that irks me. After all, they've changed how he looks, and May and Misty are definetly not 10 (no ten year-old has breasts as developed as they do). I know the animé focuses a lot on Pokémon, but I want more human interaction.

If you're waiting for a big closing point, I'm sorry, this is all I do. :p

BenRG, if there is more exposure then that just naturally leads to more popularity. I don't see how it takes away from my point that I had seen a lot of AdvanceShippers around.
I think Ash shows more affection towards May, and it's hard to get romantic stuff out of our Ashy.
Ash hasn't shown anything romantic towards May. Just that he is nice guy and a good friend.
Misty always seemed so hot-headed that I always pictured her having to cool down to become involved seriously with Ash. May's calm enough, but still stubborn and tough enough to be independent.
Misty calmed down too much when she got Togepi. Her character has been fixed since then but she is no longer hot-headed.
I really hope that they don't abandon both Pokéshipping and Advanceshipping to move on to another girl.
After all the girls that used to show an interest in Ash, there has only been Anabel in the whole of AG. I think it's about time he got a few more. :p

From the hosos, the writers haven't given up on PokéShipping. If they do hook him up with Hikari then that's fine but otherwise the status quo remains with Misty.
After all, they've changed how he looks, and May and Misty are definetly not 10 (no ten year-old has breasts as developed as they do).
These are anime girls. May is canonically ten whether or not her appearance suggests otherwise.

Ash hasn't shown anything romantic towards May. Just that he is nice guy and a good friend.

Ash hadn't shown much romance towards anyone actually. But he seems to show more understanding towards May than she did Misty.

I think it's about time he got a few more. :p

Here's hoping one of them is May....

From the hosos, the writers haven't given up on PokéShipping. If they do hook him up with Hikari then that's fine but otherwise the status quo remains with Misty.

I think after a couple of years with Misty barely on the show, I don't think that Pokeshipping weights on the writer's minds anymore. Even when Misty was with Ash for those few episodes, I saw no shipping hints whatsoever.

Anyways, the Hoso episodes have gave more Orangeshipping and Handymanshipping hints than Pokeshipping. The episodes don't show a chance of Pokeshipping, if anything, they show that they haven't gave up on Misty....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom