• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Adventures in Unova (White playthrough)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Okay, since I'm bored and felt like revisiting some older games I decided to do a new run of White version. So without further ado, let's get started.

Log #1: A Journey's Beginning

Upon receiving Professor Juniper's gift containing three Starter Pokemon, Black, Cheren, and Bianca decide on their new partners. Black takes Tepig, Bianca takes Snivy, and Cheren takes Oshawott. After a hectic battle between Black and Bianca, destroying the former's bedroom, followed by a more orderly battle with Cheren, Black is victorious in both cases, causing Tepig to Level Up. After meeting with Prof. Juniper, gaining the ability to nickname Tepig, now known as Nitro, and receiving Town Maps from mom, the trio start their journey in the Unova region. After the mandatory catching tutorial the three best friends move onward to Accumula Town, playing a little catching game in the process. After getting a tour of the Pokemon Center a strange group gathers in the square: Team Plasma. After Ghetsis lies through his teeth gives his speech everyone leaves. Black and Cheren are confronted by N, who challenges Black to a battle. Nitro proves victorious over the Purrloin, followed by N spouting strange statements before leaving.

After taking care of business it's time to move on. Got the Running Shoes from mom and caught another Mon for data. Battled a few trainers, getting Nitro up a couple of levels, before battling Bianca and her Snivy and Lillipup duo. Emerged victorious before moving onward. Collected anything of worth in Striaton City before battling Cheren and his Oshawott and Purrlion team. After exploring the Dreamyard (or what I could explore at this point), obtaining a Pansage, it was time to face the Gym Leader(s). After completing the puzzle and battling the trainers it was time to fight Cress. Nitro dealt with the Lillipup while Pansage took care of the Panpour, although it was a close battle, earning the Trio Badge and the Work Up TM.

Shortly afterward Black meets Fennel and is requested to get Dream Mist from the Dreamyard, getting the Cut HM in the process. Teaching it to a filler Patrat, Black, and soon joined by Bianca, enter the Dreamyard and find a Munna, only to run into Team Plasma again. After defeating them Ghetsis suddenly appears, promting the two grunts to run, only for it to be revealed to be a Musharna's doing. Fennel gets her Dream Mist and returns home while Bianca and Black check out the newly accessible area, with Black catching his own Musharna, Munna, and Audino, along with Nitro evolving into Pignite. Returning to Fennel's home Black gets the C-Gear and a Pal Pad from Amanita. Now we can trade with others! Took advantage of that and did some back-and-forth trades, getting the data for the other Starters and the version exclusive Mons, along with cheating somewhat and teaching Moonbeam the Musharna and Nitro some new moves from TMs in another game. But now the team is better equipped and ready to move on.

After battling all the trainers on the next route it was time to face Cheren again. With Nitro's new toys of Wild Charge and Brick Break Cheren didn't stand a chance. However, it was soon time to play hero and help rescue a little girl's Mon from Team Plasma. Cheren and Black tag-team to take down the Plasma Grunts and retrieve the stolen Mon. After spending some time catching various Mons and getting rewarded for rescuing the little girl's Mon it was time to take a break. The team is as followed:

Pignite (Nitro, male, 21)
Musharna (Moonbeam, female, 18)
Pidove (Skyler, male, 17)
Lillipup (Chance, male, 15) (he's filler so I can exploit his Pickup ability)

Okay, since I'm bored and felt like revisiting some older games I decided to do a new run of White version. So without further ado, let's get started.

Log #1: A Journey's Beginning

Upon receiving Professor Juniper's gift containing three Starter Pokemon, Black, Cheren, and Bianca decide on their new partners. Black takes Tepig, Bianca takes Snivy, and Cheren takes Oshawott. After a hectic battle between Black and Bianca, destroying the former's bedroom, followed by a more orderly battle with Cheren, Black is victorious in both cases, causing Tepig to Level Up. After meeting with Prof. Juniper, gaining the ability to nickname Tepig, now known as Nitro, and receiving Town Maps from mom, the trio start their journey in the Unova region. After the mandatory catching tutorial the three best friends move onward to Accumula Town, playing a little catching game in the process. After getting a tour of the Pokemon Center a strange group gathers in the square: Team Plasma. After Ghetsis lies through his teeth gives his speech everyone leaves. Black and Cheren are confronted by N, who challenges Black to a battle. Nitro proves victorious over the Purrloin, followed by N spouting strange statements before leaving.

After taking care of business it's time to move on. Got the Running Shoes from mom and caught another Mon for data. Battled a few trainers, getting Nitro up a couple of levels, before battling Bianca and her Snivy and Lillipup duo. Emerged victorious before moving onward. Collected anything of worth in Striaton City before battling Cheren and his Oshawott and Purrlion team. After exploring the Dreamyard (or what I could explore at this point), obtaining a Pansage, it was time to face the Gym Leader(s). After completing the puzzle and battling the trainers it was time to fight Cress. Nitro dealt with the Lillipup while Pansage took care of the Panpour, although it was a close battle, earning the Trio Badge and the Work Up TM.

Shortly afterward Black meets Fennel and is requested to get Dream Mist from the Dreamyard, getting the Cut HM in the process. Teaching it to a filler Patrat, Black, and soon joined by Bianca, enter the Dreamyard and find a Munna, only to run into Team Plasma again. After defeating them Ghetsis suddenly appears, promting the two grunts to run, only for it to be revealed to be a Musharna's doing. Fennel gets her Dream Mist and returns home while Bianca and Black check out the newly accessible area, with Black catching his own Musharna, Munna, and Audino, along with Nitro evolving into Pignite. Returning to Fennel's home Black gets the C-Gear and a Pal Pad from Amanita. Now we can trade with others! Took advantage of that and did some back-and-forth trades, getting the data for the other Starters and the version exclusive Mons, along with cheating somewhat and teaching Moonbeam the Musharna and Nitro some new moves from TMs in another game. But now the team is better equipped and ready to move on.

After battling all the trainers on the next route it was time to face Cheren again. With Nitro's new toys of Wild Charge and Brick Break Cheren didn't stand a chance. However, it was soon time to play hero and help rescue a little girl's Mon from Team Plasma. Cheren and Black tag-team to take down the Plasma Grunts and retrieve the stolen Mon. After spending some time catching various Mons and getting rewarded for rescuing the little girl's Mon it was time to take a break. The team is as followed:

Pignite (Nitro, male, 21)
Musharna (Moonbeam, female, 18)
Pidove (Skyler, male, 17)
Lillipup (Chance, male, 15) (he's filler so I can exploit his Pickup ability)
I would like to think that my White Run inspired you. :D

I would like to think that my White Run inspired you. :D

Possibly, although I wasn't fully aware of your run. I saw the title but didn't look into it. Mostly because I've been in a retro game mood (as I've been playing a bunch of retro games lately, like Breath of Fire 3 and Monster Rancher 2 DX), and was reading the BW chapters of Adventures recently that made me want to revisit my favorite gen. Plus I get bored easily so I need to jump around to different forms of entertainment to keep me from going crazy. So it's probably a mix of hearing about your run and my retro gaming mood.

Possibly, although I wasn't fully aware of your run. I saw the title but didn't look into it. Mostly because I've been in a retro game mood (as I've been playing a bunch of retro games lately, like Breath of Fire 3 and Monster Rancher 2 DX), and was reading the BW chapters of Adventures recently that made me want to revisit my favorite gen. Plus I get bored easily so I need to jump around to different forms of entertainment to keep me from going crazy. So it's probably a mix of hearing about your run and my retro gaming mood.
It's cool. We can watch each other's Playthroughs then, now that we know they exist. Good luck!

I meant to update this yesterday evening but a storm was knocking my power around so I had to put it on hold. Time to continue my adventures in Unova!

Log #2: Plasma Problems

After taking care of business Black and his crew made it to the next town. Spending time in Pinwheel Forest (or the area that can be accessed at the time), catching some new Mons and raising them up so the team would be ready to deal with Lenora and her infamous team. After training a bit the party battles N again, which him wanting to find Reshiram after a stunning loss so he can force people to do what he wants. N... that's not how things work in the real world.

Anyway, after completing the Gym puzzle it was time to deal with the Normal-type Gym Leader, Lenora. K'nuckles the Timburr took down her Herdier while Nitro one-shot her infamous Watchog with a powerful Brick Break, netting Black the Basic Badge. But Team Plasma strikes not long after, stealing the skull of a dragon. After healing Black teams up with Burgh to track down those Plasma baddies in Pinwheel Forest. After battling several trainers Black is able to recover the Dragon Skull. However, before one of the Seven Sages could attack Burgh and Lenora appear, forcing them to retreat. After some more training and battling Black returned to Wellspring Cave in order to find a Drilbur. Armed with 15 Repels, after much back-and-forth (literally), caught two Drilburs, each with the same nature but different abilities. Not sure if I'll train one up or not, as Excadrill is a beast.

Anyway, spent some time grinding on Audinos while trying to find the other rustling grass Mons in Pinwheel Forest, getting K'nuckles and Rhythm the Tympole to evolve. After a brief trade with another version to further evolve K'nuckles into his final form it was time to move onto Castellia City. After doing all the side-quests, such as getting the dancers to work together and the Battle Company it was time to face Burgh. However, an emergency happened: Bianca's Pokemon was stolen by Team Plasma! This will not go unpunished. After tracking down Team Plasma, meeting Ghetsis again, who continues to spout his lies, Munna is recovered and returned to Bianca. Now it's time to face the Gym. Easy-peasy, as a combo of Nitro, Skyler, and Rhythm was able to steamroll his team, netting me the Insect Badge. After leaving the Gym Bianca calls, requesting a battle. So it's time to battle Bianca and see if she got stronger. My team is as followed:

Pignite (Nitro, male, 30, Amulet Coin)
Tranquil (Skyler, male, 26, Scope Lens)
Musharna (Moonbeam, female, 25)
Palpitoad (Rhythm, male, 25, Eviolite)
Lillipup (Chance, male, 15)

Time for the next exciting installment of my adventures in Unova.

Log #3: Just Deserts

It was time to battle with Bianca. After meeting with her in the entrance to Route 4 we duked it out. Black is victorious, allowing Bianca to reflect on how she's gotten stronger, though isn't as strong as Black or Cheren, but is happy she got to go on an adventure. Then it was time to explore Route 4. Caught a bunch of different Mons and hunted for items before battling Cheren in the middle of a sandstorm. Once gain, Black is victorious, though it did require a decent effort. Prof. Juniper calls the three friends, though only Black and Cheren respond, asking to meet her at the entrance of Nimbasa City. After meeting up with her we get some nice gifts: Ultra Balls. So now it's time to hunt for more Mons. Made my way to the Desert Resort and caught a new teammate: Runes the Sigilyph, who effectively replaces both Tranquil and Musharna, among other Mons. Also collected a Cover Fossil from the Backpacker in the ruins. After taking care of everything in the desert it was time to head to Nimbasa City. But first a quick stop to the museum to revive the fossil, with Slider the Tirtouga joining the ranks.

Fought some Plasma Grunts who were harassing the Daycare Man, netting myself a bike. Then Black explored the city with Bianca, taking a chance to modify the team with some of the new additions. After doing the mandatory dress-up tutorial Black leaves and witnesses quite the scene. An emotional scene between Bianca and her father, where Elesa helps snap Bianca's father out of his selfish mindset and allows her to progress on with her journey, complete with beautiful music. Now it's time to continue exploring the area. After messing around in the two stadiums Black left Nimbasa City to the neighboring Route 16. Caught everything that I could and battled everyone before heading into Lostlorn Forest. Spent a lot of time fishing for rustling grass to catch the rare Mons it produced, grinding my team on the Audinos along the way. After spending way too much time in that forest I succeeded in my quest to catch every rare Mon from the rustling grass, adding a female Unfezant named Hope to the team (for now), even getting Nitro to evolve into Emboar and getting everyone else up to Level 30.

Now it was time to face Elesa. But first Black has to deal with Team Plasma. Meeting up with N he reveals he's the king of Team Plasma and challenges me to a battle in order to help his grunts escape Black's clutches. The team is victorious and N challenges Black to get to the league to prove his resolve. After taking care of a few small things it was time to face Elesa. After dealing with her rich kid trainer lackies it was time to battle. Rhythm had some trouble with the Emolgas but ultimately prevailed, while Nitro one-shot her Zebstrika, netting Black the Bolt Badge and the TM for Volt Switch. Now it's off to Route 5 to get to the next Gym. The team is as followed:

Emboar (Nitro, male, 37, Amulet Coin)
Tirtouga (Slider, male, 30, Eviolite)
Sigilyph (Runes, male, 30)
Unfezant (Hope, female, 30, Scope Lens)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom