• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Adventures of Keith-Pokemon Yellow

Contents
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Despite not yet finishing Adventures of Aurora-Pokemon White, I will be playing Pokemon Yellow. It's a game I never got to finish and used to play online on playr dot org until the website stopped working and went offline permanently. This is my attempt to try it again.

Pokemon Adventures Series:

Part 1:
Adventures of Aurora-Pokemon White
Part 2: Adventures of Keith-Pokemon Yellow

Last edited:
Chapter One: The Adventure Begins
Opening up the game, I am greeted by a montage of Pikachu which I honestly just skip. I then click 'new game' on the screen after pressing 'x' and am greeted by Professor Oak who introduces me to the world of Pokemon. I then am asked to name my character and I choose Keith before being asked to name my rival. I name my rival Donkey. We then cut to the game where Keith is in his room. He checks out his Snes and then his computer where he withdraws 1x potions. I have to change the settings on the game as it doesn't want to register my UP button so I replace that with Backspace in the controls for the UP position.

Heading downstairs, Keith talks to his mom who says that all boys leave home one day and that Professor Oak is looking for him. After leaving the house, Keith goes to the sign that says Pallet Town as well as its slogan which I can't be bothered to waste my time writing. Keith then talks to a girl who is raising pokemon as well and when they get strong they can protect her. Keith then walks up and goes behind his house, to Donkey's house where he finds out from Donkey's sister that Donkey is at Professor Oak's lab. After heading to the lab and Gary saying his grandfather isn't there, Keith proceeds to leave Pallet Town, only for Professor Oak to appear out of thin air and warn Keith about the dangers of going anywhere without a pokemon. A wild Pikachu appears and Professor Oak catches it before telling Keith to follow him back to the lab. Keith automatically follows and it is discovered Donkey is still there, Professor Oak seeming surprised to see his grandson. Donkey complains about not getting a pokmeon and steals the pokeball on the table that was for Keith which turns out to be an Eevee. Keith chooses not to name his Pikachu. Keith then is given the freshly caught Pikachu. Keith then is challenged by smartaleck Donkey to a battle.

Keith vs Donkey
Round 1: Pikachu (Level 5) vs Eevee (Level 5)
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock. It paralyzes Eevee.
Eevee uses Tackle.

Round 2: Pikachu vs Eevee
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock.
Eevee uses Tail Whip but it fails.

Round 3: Pikachu vs Eevee
Eevee uses Tail Whip. Pikachu's defense falls.

Round 4: Pikachu vs Eevee
Eevee uses Tackle.

Round 5: Pikachu vs Eevee
Eevee faints. Keith gets 175 poke dollars from Donkey for winning.
Pikachu gets 97 experience points, growing to level 6. Pikachu learns Tail Whip.

Pikachu's new stats:
Attack 11
Defense 9
Speed 16
Special 12
Afterwards, Gary leaves saying he is going to fight to toughen up his Eevee and how he picked the wrong pokemon. Pikachu pops out of its pokeball, looking rather disgruntled with Keith despite winning its first battle. Professor Oak says I should just keep it out since it seems Pikachu doesn't like being within its pokeball. I then head onto Route 1 where I talk to someone who works in Viridian City. I get 1x Potion from the employee before continuing on my way. At Viridian City, I talk to Pikachu again who has his eyes open but looks annoyed with Keith. I then go into the school, talk to the brother and sister and then go to the blackboard where I read about sleep status and then leave, heading to the pokemon mart where I am told to take a parcel to Professor Oak. I leave and jump off a ledge, walk into some grass before having a wild pokemon encounter, coming across a level 2 Rattata.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Level 2 Rattata | Route 1
Round 1: Pikachu vs Rattata
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 2: Pikachu vs Rattata
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock
Rattata faints. Pikachu gets 16 experience points.
I jump off a couple more ledges and as I am walking through the grass, come across a level 4 Pidgey.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Level 4 Pidgey | Route 1
Round 1: Pikachu vs Pidgey
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock. It's super effective.
Pidgey uses Gust. It lands a critical hit.

Round 2: Pikachu vs Pidgey
Pikachu uses Thunder Shock. It lands a critical hit and is super effective.
Pidgey faints. Pikachu gets 31 experience points.
After the battle, I head back into Pallet Town and go home to rest. I then go to Professor Oak's lab to give him his parcel. Donkey shows up, saying his pokemon has gotten stronger and we are both entrusted to go on a pokemon journey together to fill out the pokedex both children are given. Donkey says he needs nobody and leaves. I then go to Donkey's house and get a town map from Donkey's sister. Then I download the save file to continue later. Next up...The Road To New Beginnings!

Oh, well thank you both for the likes.

@Unovia Thank you for the kind words. I'm surprised I can be inspiring in any way but glad you're enjoying it and willing to stick around.

@Greninjaman I have not yet. I know obviously Pikachu and I tend to keep Pidgey as it's my preferred bird over Spearow.
If you need, or would like, help in your playthrough, I can help you out.

Chapter Two: The Road to New Beginnings
After loading the game, I head back to Viridian City and go to the Poke Mart for a moment before leaving, just trying to get used to the controls on my laptop again after not playing the game in a while. I run into a wild Pidgey, level 3.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Level 3 Pidgey Route 1
Pikachu uses Growl.
Pidgey uses Gust.

Round 2: Pikachu uses Thundershock. It's super effective. Pidgey faints.

Pikachu gets 23 experience points. Pikachu grows to level 7.
I then jump off some ledges and come across a second wild pokemon, this one a level 3 Pidgey.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Pidgey Level 3 Pidgey Route 1
I use a pokeball to try to catch Pidgey but it pops out.
Pidgey uses Gust. It lands a critical hit.

Round 2: Pikachu uses Thundershock. It's super effective. Pikachu gets 23 experience points while Pidgey faints.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Level 6 Pidgey Route 1
Round 1 Pikachu vs Pidgey
Pikachu uses Thundershock. It's super effective. Pidgey faints and Pikachu gets 31 experience points.
I then arrive back in Pallet Town and check on Pikachu who is still annoyed with me. I go home and take a rest, healing Pikachu. After checking with Pikachu, it's still annoyed with me. After leaving home, I head back to Viridian City where I run into a pokemon battle with Level 6 Pidgey.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Pikachu vs Pidgey
Round 1: Pikachu uses Thundershock. It's super effective.
Pikachu uses Sand Attack. It lowers Pikachu's accuracy.

Round 2: Pikachu vs Pidgey
I use a pokeball and manage to catch Pidgey.​

After catching Pidgey, I continue until I get to the Pokmeon Center and heal my team of two. Pikachu is still annoyed with me. I don't know how when I originally played it I got Pikachu really happy with hearts by the time I got back to Pallet Town the first time after getting Oak's parcel. Then head to the Poke Mart where I buy 9 pokeballs for 1800 pokedollars. Leaving, I briefly go into the school before heading along Route 22. In the first patch of grass I come across a wild level 3 Mankey. A fighting type will be good and I always try to catch Mankey so...

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Mankey Level 3 Route 22

Round 1: Pikachu vs Mankey
Pikachu uses Thundershock.
Mankey uses Leer.

Round 2: Pikachu vs Mankey
Pikachu uses Thundershock. Mankey faints and Pikachu gets 31 experience points.

I then take a few steps and come across a female Nidoran.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Nidoran (f) Level 4 Route 22

Round 1: Pikachu vs Nidoran (f)
Switch out Pikachu for Pidgey
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 2: Pidgey vs Nidoran (f)
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (f) uses Growl.

Round 3: Pidgey vs Nidoran (f)
Pidgey uses Gust.
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 4: Pidgey vs Nidoran (f)
Pidgey uses Gust. Nidraon (f) faints.
Pikachu gets 16 experience points. Pidgey gets 16 experience points.​

Wandering around in a circle I come across a level 4 Spearow.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Spearow Level 4 Route 22

Round 1: Pikachu vs Spearow
I switch Pikachu for Pidgey
Spearow uses Growl

Round 2: Pidgey vs Spearow
Pidgey uses Gust.
Spearow uses Growl

Round 3: Pidgey vs Spearow
Pidgey uses Gust
Spearow uses Growl

Round 4: Pidgey vs Spearow
I use a pokeball. Spearow is caught.​

I check Pikachu and it's happy now. Slim progress there. I then head back to the pokemon center to heal my team of 3. After healing my team I switch Spearow to the top and head back to Route 22 to try to catch some more pokemon. In the first patch of grass we come across a Level 2 female Nidoran.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Nidoran (f) Level 2 Route 22
Round 1: Spearow vs Nidoran (f)
Spearow uses Peck but it misses
Nidoran (f) uses Growl

Round 2: Spearow vs Nidoran (f)
Spearow uses Peck
Nidoran (f) uses Growl

Round 3: Spearow vs Nidoran (f)
Spearow uses Peck. It lands a critical hit.
Nidoran (f) uses Growl.

Round 4: Spearow vs Nidoran (f)
Keith uses a pokeball. Nidoran (f) is caught.​

Pikachu is still thrilled. I then roam about in the grass until I come across a wild nidoran male.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Nidoran (m) Level 2 Route 22
Round 1: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Spearow uses Peck which lands a critical hit.
Nidoran (m) uses Leer.

Round 2: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Keith uses a pokeball. I catch Nidoran (m).​

I then wander down and come across a wild male Nidoran but run away. I then come across a wild level 2 male Nidoran and again run away. After roaming about, I come across a level 4 spearow. But I run away again. Then I come across a wild level 2 female Nidoran and run away. Next up is a wild level 4 male Nidoran but I run away. Trying to find another Mankey. Nope, a level 4 Spearow shows up. Try to run away but cannot and am hit with Peck. Try running away again and get hit with Growl. After my third run away attempt, I finally manage it. Finally come across a wild Mankey.

Round 1: Spearow vs Mankey
Spearow uses Peck. Lands a critical hit and is super effective, causing Mankey to faint.
Spearow gets 31 experience points. Oops.​

Well after that failure, I leave and switch my team around before heading back to the pokemon center to heal my team. I then head back to Route 22. I'm not leaving until I've got a Mankey and a well rounded team. First pokemon I come across is a level 2 female Nidoran which I run away from. Second pokemon is a level 4 female Nidoran. I try to run away but can't escape and get hit with Growl. Second time's the charm because I manage to run away. Also it's very hard to type with my new kitten lying in front of my computer. Next up is a level 4 male Nidoran. I try to leave and get hit with Leer. Try to run away again and get hit with Tackle. Try to run away a third time and get hit with Leer. Try to run away a fourth time and get hit with Leer. Fifth time I manage to run away. End up coming across a level 2 female Nidoran. Shoot, pressed Growl. Get hit with Tackle. Manage to run away on second turn. Come across a level 2 female Nidoran and manage to run away. Oh look, a Rattata! Not what I want but I'll catch it.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Level 3 Rattata Route 22
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tail Whip but it fails.
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle.

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tail Whip.
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle.

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tackle. Nidoran (f) faints.
I switch in Nidoran (m).

Round 4: Nidoran (m) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tail Whip.
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle.

Round 5: Nidoran (m) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tail Whip.
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle.

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tackle.
I switch in Pidgey.

Round 7: Pidgey vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tackle.
I use a pokeball. Rattata gets caught.​

I then come across a level 3 Mankey.

Round 1: Spearow vs Mankey
Spearow uses Peck. It's super effective.
Mankey uses Leer.

Round 2: Spearow vs Mankey​
Keith uses a pokeball. Yes! Caught Mankey so now I can go heal up my team. Oh, so now you're annoyed again are you Pikachu? Well, the heck with you. After healing my team, I plan to go to Viridian Forest but run into the grouchy old guy who wouldn't let me pass earlier who shows me how to catch a pokemon, as if I haven't been doing that already. I talk to the girl and then head up only to come across a level 3 Pidgey.

Wild Pokemon Encounter Pidgey Level 3 Route 2

Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
Nidoran (f) uses Growl.
Pidgey uses Growl.

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
I use a potion on Nidoran (f)
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 4: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
I switch out Nidoran (f) for Nidoran (m)
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
I switch out Nidoran (m) for Pidgey

Round 8: Pidgey vs Pidgey
Enemy Pidgey uses Gust
Pidgey uses Gust. Enemy Pidgey faints. Nidoran (f) gets 7 experience points, Nidoran (m) gets 7 experience points, Pidgey gets 7 experience points.​

I head back to the pokemon center to heal my team before ending the game and saving my new file.

Chapter Three: Bug Catchers
Pokemon Keith Owns (as this is Gen 1, moves are gen 1 only):

Pikachu | Type: Electric | Level 7 (partner)
Moves:
Thundershock (Electric)
Growl (Normal)
Tail Whip (Normal)

Pidgey | Type: Normal/Flying | Level 6
Moves:
Gust (Normal)
Sand-Attack (Normal)

Niodoran (f) | Type: Poison | Level 2
Moves:
Growl (Normal)
Tackle (Normal)

Nidoran (m) | Type: Poison | Level 3
Moves:
Leer (Normal)
Tackle (Normal)

Spearow | Type: Normal/Flying | Level 4
Moves:
Peck (Flying)
Growl (Normal)

Rattata | Type: Normal | Level 3
Moves:
Tackle (Normal)
Tail Whip (Normal)

Mankey | Type: Fighting | Level 3
Moves:
Scratch (Normal)
Leer (Normal)​

Keith finds himself in the Pokmeon Center inside Viridian City. I check my team to get the above information and then put Pikachu in the box before taking out Mankey. I then heal my team since Mankey needs healing and leave the Pokemon Center where I head back down Route 1 to find some easy and hopefully low level pokemon to level my team up to level 7. I then encounter my first wild pokemon on Route 1, a wild Pidgey which is level 4 and out comes Nidoran (f).

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Pidgey | Level 4 | Route 1
Pidgey uses Gust.
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle.

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Pidgey
I switch out Nidoran (f) for Spearow
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 4: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck which lands a critical hit.
Pidgey uses Gust. This also lands a critical hit.

Round 5: Spearow vs Pidgey
I use a potion on Spearow, healing its HP.
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 6: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 7: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck. Pidgey faints.
Nidoran (f) gets 15 experience points. Spearow gets 15 experience points.​

I head further down Route 1 back to Pallet Town and come across a wild Pidgey which is level 2. Nidoran (f) comes out but I switch immediately for Nidoran (m).

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Pidgey | Level 2 | Route 1
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 2: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 3: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 4: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
I use a potion to heal Nidoran (m)
Pidgey uses Gust which lands a critical hit on Nidoran (m)

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
Pidgey uses Gust
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (m) vs Pidgey
I switch out Nidoran (m) for Rattata
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 8: Rattata vs Pidgey
Rattata uses Tackle
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 9: Rattata vs Pidgey
Rattata uses Tackle which lands a critical hit on Pidgey.
Nidoran (f) gains 5 experience points. Nidoran (m) gains 5 experience points. Rattata gains 5 experience points.​

I then head back home to heal up my team since I'm just outside Pallet Town. I then make it back up Route 1 without encountering a single pokemon, pass through Viridian City and then head to Viridian Forest. Heading to my left after talking to the kid at the entrance of the forest, I come across a wild level 3 Caterpie. Now I like Caterpie (because of Butterfree) so this is coming onto my team. Not much of a fan of Beedrill honestly.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Caterpie | Level 3 | Viridian Forest
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle which lands a critical hit.
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 4: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
I use a healing potion (my last one) on Nidoran (f)
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses String Shot
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 6: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Strong Shot
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 8: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses String Shot but it fails
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie
I use a pokeball on Caterpie. Caterpie is caught!
I keep heading left, only to come into another pokemon battle, this time with a wild Metapod, level 4. As I'm not like Go with catching every stage pokemon because I'm too fuc...lazy to evolve my pokemon (cough Ash Ketchum cough) I just battle it instead. Out comes Nidoran (f) which should hopefully be good for the job.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Metapod | Level 4 | Viridian Forest
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle which misses (despite being right in front of it)
Metapod uses Harden (which it will keep using because for some reason Gamefreak programmed these Metapod in Pokemon Yellow to be stupid)

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 4: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 5: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 6: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden but nothing happens

Round 8: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 10: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 11: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 12: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 13: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle which lands a critical hit

Round 14: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 15: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 16: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 17: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod faints (bloody finally) and Nidoran (f) gets 41 experience points. Nidoran (f) grows to level 3.​

I then leave Viridian Forest and go back to Viridian City where I talk to the guy at the Viridian City gym who says it's always closed (Giovanni sure was a horrible gym leader wasn't he? Kind of like that one gym leader or leaders....Fantina and...was it Skylar who were never at their gyms at all...no Skylar just refused to battle). Anyway, back to the Pokemon Center to heal my team after stopping in the house next to the gym. I then jump off the ledge onto Route 1 and read the trainer tips sign out of boredom. Then I check into the Poke Mart but I only have 175 poke dollars so can't buy anything. Back to Viridian Forest to get money & experience. Then I go left again upon getting to Virdian Forest and encounter my first trainer battle with a girl who asks if I have a Pikachu.

Keith vs Lass Battle 1
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Niodran (f) level 6
Enemy Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Growl

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Enemy Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Enemy Nidoran (f) uses Growl but it fails
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 4: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Enemy Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 6: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (f) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl but it fails

Round 8: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 10: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 11: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 12: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle but it misses
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 13: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle but it misses

Round 14: Nidoran (m) vs Nidoran (f)
I switch Nidoran (m) out for Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Growl

Round 15: Rattata vs Nidoran (f)
Rattata uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 16: Rattata vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 17: Rattata vs Nidoran (f)
Nidorin (f) uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 18: Rattata vs Nidoran (f)
I switch out Rattata for Mankey
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 19: Mankey vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Mankey uses Scratch

Round 20: Mankey vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl but it fails
Mankey uses Scratch

Round 21: Mankey vs Nidoran (f)
Nidoran (f) uses Growl
Mankey uses Scratch which lands a critical hit. Nidoran (f) faints.​

Nidoran (f) gets 18 experience points. Nidoran (m) gets 18 experience points. Rattata gets 18 experience points. Mankey gets 18 experience points.

Keith vs Lass Battle 2
I decide to keep Mankey in while Lass sends out a male Nidoran level 6.

Round 1: Mankey vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Leer
Mankey uses Scratch which lands a critical hit

Round 2: Mankey vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Mankey uses Scratch

Round 3: Mankey vs Nidoran (m)
I have to switch out Mankey since it is in the red so I switch in Spearow.
Nidoran (m) uses Leer but it fails

Round 4: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Leer but it fails
Spearow uses Peck

Round 5: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Leer
Spearow uses Peck

Round 6: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Leer
Spearow uses Peck

Round 7: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Spearow uses Peck

Round 8: Spearow vs Nidoran (m)
I switch out Spearow for Pidgey.
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 9: Pidgey vs Nidoran (m)
Pidgey uses Gust. Nidoran (m) faints

Spearow gets 25 experience points and grows to level 5. Pidgey gets 25 experience points. Mankey gets 25 experience points and grows to level 4.
Keith gets 90 pokedollars for winning.​

I head back to Viridian City's Pokemon Center to heal up my team. After healing my team I head back to Viridian Forest and continue straight before running into a wild level 4 Caterpie.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Caterpie | Level 4 | Viridian Forest
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Nidoran (f) gets switched out for Nidoran (m)
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 8: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Caterpie faints. Nidoran (f) gets 14 experience points and grows to level 4. Nidoran (m) gets 14 experience points.​

I then head back to the pokemon center to heal my team and then, after it is healed, head back to Viridian Forest and head right. I pass one trainer who is looking the other way but get spotted by the second near a patch of grass who approaches me and challenges me to a battle.

Keith vs Bug Catcher Battle 1
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Caterpie Level 7
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

I switch out Nidoran (f) for Mankey
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 7: Mankey vs Caterpie
Mankey uses Scratch

Round 8: Mankey vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Mankey uses Scratch

Round 9: Mankey vs Caterpie
Mankey uses Scratch which lands a critical hit

Round 10: Mankey vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Mankey uses Scratch

Caterpie faints. Nidoran (f) gets 39 experience points and grows to level 5. Mankey gets 39 experience points.​

Bug Catcher sends out Cateprie, level 7, and I have Keith send out Rattata.

Keith vs Bug Catcher Battle 2
Round 1: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 2: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle which lands a critical hit

Round 3: Rattata vs Caterpie

Round 4: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 5: Rattata vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 6: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle but it misses

Round 7: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle but it misses

Round 8: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle

Caterpie faints. Rattata gets 79 experience points and grows to level 5. Keith gets 70 pokedollars for winning.​

Keith then heads back to the pokemon center to heal his team.

Caterpie | Type: Bug | Viridan Forest | Level 3
Moves:
Tackle (Normal)
String Shot (Normal)​

Chapter Four: Small Steps
I flip through my pokedex, change my controls and then take Pikachu out despite him being level 7. I then withdrew Caterpie, Pikachu protesting as he was put in a box. I then check Professor Oak's computer to get my pokedex rated. Being told I have seen 10 pokemon and have 8 pokemon, I leave and head back to Viridian Forest where I run into a level 3 Rattata.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Rattata | Level 3 | Viridian City
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Growl.
Rattata uses Tackle.

Round 2: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 3: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle but misses
Rattata uses Tail Whip

Round 4: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tail Whip

Round 6: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (f) vs Rattata
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle.
Rattata faints. Nidoran (f) gets 24 experience points.
I then head into Viridian Forest and come across a wild Metapod.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Metapod | Level 4 | Viridian Forest
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod faints and Nidoran (f) gets 41 experience points and grows to level 6.
I then leave Viridian Forest and head back to the pokemon center in Viridian City to heal my pokemon. Afterwards I head back to Viridian Forest to continue training and leveling up my team. Entering Viridian Forest again, it's back to seeing a stupid metapod.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Metapod | Level 4 | Viridian Forest
I switch Nidoran (f) for Pidgey
Metapod uses Harden

Round 2: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod uses Harden

Round 3: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod uses Harden

Round 4: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod uses Harden

Round 5: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod uses Harden

Round 6: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod uses Harden

Round 7: Pidgey vs Metapod
Pidgey uses Gust
Metapod faints. Nidoran (f) gets 20 experience points. Pidgey gets 20 experience points. Pidgey grows to level 7.

Back to Viridian City, depositing Pidgey in the pc and pulling out Spearow. Then back to Viridian Forest to continue leveling my team up to level 7 where I encounter a level 5 Caterpie.

Wild Pokemon Encounter: Caterpie | Level 5 | Viridian Forest
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle which misses

Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Caterpie faints and Nidoran (f) gets 37 experience points, growing to level 7.
I then continue onward, only to run into a trainer who challenges me to a battle.

Keith vs Bug Catcher
A level 6 Metapod is sent out.
Round 1: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod | Level 6
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (f) vs Metpaod

Round 10: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 11: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 12: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle

Round 13: Nidoran (f) vs Metapod
Nidoran (f) uses Tackle.​
Metapod faints. Nidoran (f) gets 91 experience points and grows to level 8. Nidoran (f) learns Scratch. As I learn a Caterpie is going to be sent out next, I save the file and end the game.

Chapter Five: Forest of Woes
A battle with the pokemon trainer who is sending out a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, Keith chooses to send out another pokemon. The pokemon he sends out is Rattata.

Keith vs Bug Catcher
Round 1: Rattata (level 5) vs Caterpie (Level 6)
Rattata uses Tackle
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 2: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 3: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle
Round 4: Rattata vs Caterpie
Rattata uses Tackle and Caterpie faints.
Rattata gets 67 experience points.

Metapod is being brought in and Keith changes Pokemon, this time to Spearow.

Keith vs Bug Catcher
Round 1: Spearow (Level 5) vs Metapod (Level 6)
Spearow uses Peck. It's super effective and knocks Metapod into the orange.
Metapod uses Harden

Round 2: Spearow vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden.

Round 3: Spearow vs Metapod
Spearow uses Peck. It's super effective and lands a critical hit.
Metapod faints and Spearow gets 91 experience points. Spearow grows to Level 6.
Keith gets 60 pokedollars for winning.
Briefly talking to the Bug Catcher Keith defeated who says he'll have to get some stronger pokemon, Keith then reads the trainer tips sign and continues northward until he finds a Potion which he takes. Keith then heads into the patch of grass to his left and runs into a level 3 wild Caterpie.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Caterpie | Level 3 | Viridian Forest
Keith switches out Nidoran (f) for Niodran (m)
Caterpie uses String Shot but it fails.

Round 2: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 3: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle but it misses
Caterpie uses Tackle but it misses

Round 4: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 5: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle which lands a critical hit

Round 7: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 8: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 10: Nidoran (m) vs Caterpie
Niodran (m) uses Tackle. It lands a critical hit and Caterpie faints.
Nidoran (f) gets 11 experience points.
Nidoran (m) gets 11 experience points and grows to level 3.

Continuing onward, Keith runs into another pokemon battle, this one against a wild level 4 Metapod.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Metapod | Level 4 | Viridian Forest
Keith switches out Nidoran (f) for Nidoran (m)
Metapod uses Harden

Round 2: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod.
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 3: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 4: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden

Round 5: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle which lands a critical hit.
Metapod uses Harden

Round 6: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 7: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 8: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 9: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle

Round 10: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod

Round 11: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle
Metapod faints. Nidoran (f) gets 20 experience points. Nidoran (m) gets 20 experience points.
Keith then heads up but finds the path blocked by small trees and then goes back down only to run into a wild Caterpie which is level 5. Keith decides to run away. Keith bypasses the trainer looking towards the path and then runs into another wild Caterpie this one level 3 but also runs away. Continuing north, he runs into another level 3 wild Caterpie but runs away. Going around a bend, he runs into yet another Caterpie, this one a level 5 which he runs away from. Keith then switches Nidoran (f) to the bottom and Spearow to the top. He then finds a potion after going right ending up at a dead end, and then continues on his way. Sadly he runs into a trainer and is drawn into a battle.

Keith vs Bug Catcher
Round 1: Spearow vs Level 10 Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle

Round 2: Spearow vs Caterpie
Spearow uses Peck. It's super effective. Lands a critical hit.

Round 3: Spearow vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses Tackle
Caterpie faints and Spearow gets 112 experience points. Keith gets 100 poke dollars for winning.​

Keith then continues on his way, managing to bypass any wild pokemon and enters a building where he talks to an old man and then an adult. He then emerges outside Pewter City and reads the trainer tip sign which talks about battles and experience points before heading into the pokemon center and going to the pc where he deposits Spearow and takes out Pidgey. Then he goes to heal his team. Afterwards he talks to some people in the Pokemon Center, looks at Jigglypuff and then goes into the house to the left of the center and talks to the people there before leaving. He then walks around in a circle in the patch of grass to the left of the path outside Pewter City and comes across a level 3 wild Rattata.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Rattata | Level 3 | Pewter City
Round 1: Spearow vs Rattata
Spearow uses Peck
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 2: Spearow vs Rattata
Spearow uses Peck
Rattata faints and Spearow gets 24 experience points, growing to level 7.​

Keith then goes back to the pokemon center to heal his team and then back into Viridian Forest to continue training. Immediately upon entering Viridian Forest, Keith comes across a wild level 6 Pidgey. Finally something different from all the Caterpie.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Pidgey | Level 6 | Viridian Forest
Round 1: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 2: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck
Pidgey uses Gust

Round 3: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck
Pidgey uses Sand-Attack but it fails.

Round 4: Spearow vs Pidgey
Spearow uses Peck.
Pidgey faints and Spearow gets 47 experience points.​

Keith then walks a bit and comes across a wild level 6 Metapod.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Metapod | Level 6 | Viridian Forest
Round 1: Spearow vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden

Round 2: Spearow vs Metapod
Metapod faints and Spearow gets 61 experience points.

Keith then continues walking, healing up Spearow with a potion. He gets to the end of a patch of grass before coming across a wild level 3 Caterpie.

Wild Pokemon Encountered: Caterpie | Level 3 | Viridian Forest
Round 1: Spearow vs Caterpie
Caterpie faints and Spearow gets 22 experience points.
Keith then talks to the trainer he bypassed before who tells him that he'll be the best and Keith can't beat him before drawing him into a battle.

Keith vs Bug Catcher
Round 1: Spearow vs Level 8 Caterpie
Caterpie uses String Shot but it fails.

Round 2: Spearow vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses String Shot.

Round 3: Spearow vs Caterpie
Caterpie uses String Shot.
Caterpie faints. Spearow gets 90 experience points and grows to level 8.

Keith switches out Spearow for Nidoran (m) as he is now facing a level 8 Metapod.

Round 1: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Tackle.
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle.

Round 2: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Metapod uses Tackle
Nidoran (m) uses Tackle.

Round 3: Nidoran (m) vs Metapod
Nidoran (m) gets switched out for Rattata
Metapod uses Harden.

Round 4: Rattata vs Metapod
Rattata uses Tackle.
Metapod uses String Shot

Round 5: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 6: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 7: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 8: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Tackle
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 9: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 10: Rattata vs Metapod
Rattata uses Tackle
Metapod uses Harden

Round 11: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 12: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses String Shot but it fails
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 13: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses String Shot
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 14: Rattata vs Metapod
Metapod uses Harden
Rattata uses Tackle

Round 15: Rattata vs Metapod
Rattata uses Tackle which lands a critical hit.
Metapod faints and Nidoran (m) gets 61 experience points, growing to level 5. Rattata gets 61 experience points and grows to level 6.
Keith gets 80 poke dollars for winning.
Keith then wanders off, coming across a level 5 Caterpie and sends out Spearow but I end up saving and then closing the game.

No offense, but I feel bad for Pikachu. Pikachu can be really good if you keep him in the team and work on him. Otherwise, this has been an interesting run so far.

Apologies for not updating. I no longer have the following keys on my laptop keyboard (built in, it's an HP laptop): V, UP and DOWN. The F key also sticks. The A is faded. The UP key was not working at all so I removed the DOWN key to get access to the UP key to clean it and then when I tried putting them back on, they did not go in due to accidentally breaking the little...hooks (?) that hold the keys in place. Until I can buy a new keyboard (and a new mouse as the cable for that broke due to I think my kitten chewing on it or it just being caught too much underneath my laptop) updates for this playthrough are on hold.

Back
Top Bottom