• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advice Needed On Strange Game I Found...Thanks

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
So, I recently bought a used copy of AlphaSapphire and before deleting the content, I decided to look through the save file to see if there was anything worth saving and trading to my other games. Legendaries, Shinies, rare items. Pretty standard. What I found was extremely odd and potentially (or in one case, definitely) cheated.

I found...
-33 Shiny Pokémon with the OT SYDNEY. They are all Lv 100, yet they all have 0 EVs (I didn't check EVs, but it wouldn't be hard to do so). Stood out to me as pretty strange.
-Jirachi (Nickname: Sleepy), OT SciresM. Modest Nature, Random EVs (like it was used for a play through); however, its ability is Parental Bond, it is holding a Relic Crown, and it knows: Steam Eruption, Thousand Waves, Hyperspace Hole, and Thousand Arrows. All of which should be impossible.
--Clearly (though I have no idea how), this Pokémon was hacked in some way. It could have been Wonder Traded to this game and it is interesting, but potentially dangerous.

Does anyone have advice on what I should do with the above Pokémon? Is it safe to keep them or should I wipe the file and forget it ever happened?

Some less concerning, but still interesting finds on the file are below.

-6 Shiny Pokémon that belong to OT I never (which is the name on the active save file). Pikachu and Charizard aren't that strange, but they also include Hoopa, Froakie, and two Greninja. This one is less weird, but three Shiny from the same evolutionary line caught my attention.
--I never also has a lot of high level Pokémon, some Legendary (all terrible EVs and Natures) and I am assuming Gaydude6969 was an older save file of his because it kind of follows the same pattern
-Shiny Darkrai, Jirachi, Victini and Genesect with the OT Tyrone. Normal Shaymin, Arceus, Mew, and Reshiram from the same OT. All of them have good Natures, but for some reason have 252 EVs in both SpD and Def, which makes no sense.
-Shiny Groudon, OT PKHex. Brave Nature, 252 Atk, SpA EVs. Probably a Wonder Trade.

Yup, all of them look like they were made with PkHex, and since you can dump your save file with Checkpoint (a program for the 3DS to dump/insert save files), I think that they hacked the game themselves for whatever reason.

What I do find strange is that the weirdest one has SciresM as an OT, seeing how that's the name of the guy that was behind recent Pokémon datamines (including Meltan's Go datamine, IIRC).

Thanks for the information. I do not know anything about hacking.

What should I do with all of the hacked Pokémon?

How do I know which ones are safe?

Can certain ones corrupt my game files or hurt PokéBank?

Obviously, I know nothing about hacking or how this works. Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom