• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advise for Trading Please

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
I’ve never used online to trade before as I own every single pokémon game released in the West and have multiple systems. I own all the games from the N64 to now and would just trade myself. Due to where I lived I was 6 hours away from events and had very poor wifi - we only got internet when I was 16 - so I missed out on a lot of event pokémon.

Currently pregnant I’m not allowed to do much so I’ve set myself the task of catching all the pokémon. Even if I need to trade them right back I’m going for full dex. Any advice on how not to get scammed by fake mon?

Thank You!

Lil x

Any advice on how not to get scammed by fake mon?
The OT, movepool, stats, and whether it's shiny are usually good indicators. Even then, there's no sure-fire way to know since many fake/hacked Pokémon can pass for real ones. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can ask in our GTS forum. Also, for quick tradebacks, just ask in our All Purpose Trade Services thread and someone can help you out. Hope this helps~

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom