• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After The Grand Festival Speculation Thread

I am just wondering if Satoshi will end up in the League again since the Grand Festival is on the Seikei Plateau. You're welcome.

Ash will compete in *something* after the GF. He didn't collect 7 symbols for no reason.

This may be a stretch, but what about the E4?

Another possibility is the writers going for a story saga, like a 8 or so episode plot involving Team Rocket (the organization).

The Elite 4 could be a possibility. Scott said the Brains were almost as strong as the Elite's, yet Ash beat them all. He's also taken down at least two legendaries this saga. The Agatha battle at the beginning of the saga could have been a preview of things to come.

I'm guessing it would be the Kanto E3, consisting of Lance, Bruno, "Prima", and Agatha. Maybe Steven could be "da champ"

Habunake said:
I'm guessing it would be the Kanto E3, consisting of Lance, Bruno, "Prima", and Agatha. Maybe Steven could be "da champ"

Well that wouldn't be right; they already got their cameos. If anyone should be featured for the E4, let it be Karen and Will. And maybe sneak in Janine.

I'm imagining that it's probably going to just be some "new" tournament made for people who've collected all the symbols, just as a side delay till P/D. A bunch of new characters, blah, blah.

...But I can't think of anything cooler than the Elite Four. Maybe some Legendary showdown, with Team Rocket thrown in for good measure, and hopefully better than the previous ones. *Shrug*

They're probably gonna wing a Drake-like challenge, like in the Orange league. And, since it's an Anime-only league, he's probably going to win. I doubt it's going to be against an E4 member, though, because as far as they are into the Anime, it's still questionable whether Ash has what it takes to defeat an E4 member. However, after fighting characters that are actually from the game, I'd find it hard to fathom that they'd MAKE UP a character that this would all lead to. They're not gonna just give him a Berry, though, unless it SERIOUSLY paid off in a way that we'd actually care. Perhaps it's time to introduce... Wallace?

~Zak

Battle Pyramid.

Seriously,it's going to be a load of BS if Ash collects the final Symbol in one measely episode.There's not even a set-up episode with Brendon a la Gym Battle episodes.I expect Ash to get his ass handed to him,lose,and rechallenge the Pyramid at a later time.

That or *ahem* Orre.Let Pikachu get kidnapped by a Snag'em scout,Ash goes to Orre,and meets up with Wes and Rui.If D/P is not expected until early next year,this should make the time pass by nicely.

If it's a Drake-type challange then it is Brandon. That's why Ash couldn't get that symbol before the others. Besides, I don't see many other trainers having all the symbols. Maybe just one who Ash then decides to challenge.

Or he could do the Indigo League with his ol' Kanto badges.

That still doesn't answer the question as to what collecting the 7 symbols were for.

It's the same reason the writers created the Grand Festival for May, otherwise she'd be collecting 5 ribbons for no reason.

I just find it odd that nobody suggested that Scott will show Ash some final challenge once he gets his 7th symbol.

The whole point of the Orange League (other than a filler to tide over the release of G/S) was to create a parallel for the Elite 4, albiet a very much adapted version of the system but with the same general idea and purpose behind them.

Whilst it's not unimaginable that Ash could end up taking on the actual Elite 4, I don't consider it too likely.

For one thing, Ash has lost against every Elite he has battled and with good reason too - they are his goal - or the epitome of it anyway. They symbolise the final steps to becoming a Pokemon Master - to beat them is to be an Elite trainer yourself. And to do that would almost certainly finish Ash off for good - which contrary to what people say EVERY time something ever-so-small comes along ("OMG, Symphonic Medley must mean Ash is leaving!") isn't going to happen simply because he's the face of the show.

My best bet is that he enters the Indigo League again and wins this time ('Cause he sodding well deserves to, not to mention it'd be a pretty cool thing to do in the year of the 10th anniversary) or goes up against Wallace or Steven or some such champion and wins a place in the Battle Frontier Hall of Fame or something ala Orange Islands.

Though, with the Grand Festival looming in July - unless we're looking at major fillers at some point down the line, something is going to have to come along to delay the start of the next saga a while longer.

While I wouldn't object, it's simply not a viable possiblity that D/P would be out for August (we'd have to know by now simply for the marketting to begin). The earliest possible release I could put money towards would be September or October - so what exactly is going to tide the anime over until then?

It can't be a Drake-like-battle only in one episode.

There must something more. Something that will make Ash use all his Pokemon, including the ones at Oak's.

Well... Perhaps it isn't that straightforward

As we now know:

Ash doesn't win the Pyramid symbol as he hasn't had a chance to battle for it yet. He was possessed by OBJECT$[Plotdevice] and had to be rescued by Brandon.

The most logical outcome of this is they will have a side-quest (possibly including looking for the Sevii Islands little lost girl) and then May can have her own Grand Contest spotlight episodes. Ash will catch up with the Pyramid again and win the symbol in time to jump straight to D/P with only a half-dozen bridging episodes.

Did G/S and R/S come out in November? If D/P follows suit, we have another 5 months of Battle Frontier.

It's still likely they'll be a tournament of some sort after the Pyramid, there's just too many months left for them to do nothing.

D/P is out in the autumn. For the Games Industry, that ends at most during October. Generally, however, it means late August, September, Early October.

At earliest there are another 2 1/2 - 3 months. At latest, another 4 1/2ish.

Depending on whether the Grand Festival is grouped together again, we're talking at least about another month before we even get back to the Pyramid (more if they do them seperately). If Ash fights another Regi there and then has to go after a third time for the final Regi, with filler for travelling/training, you're talking another month and a bit for that. That takes you into August - the start of the D/P window.

If it takes longer, there's the possibility of some tournament thing or some such after the Pyramid, or a mini-arc in the Sevii Islands or whatever.

I really don't see any cause to worry over the possibility that we may have an extra, say, 3 fillers just because D/P isn't going to be out the week after Ash wraps up his Frontier Challenge. It's not as if we're looking at wait as bad as the waits between some Johto gym challenges and with the rate they've been going, filler or not, we're looking at some decent eps anyways.

If they have the Elite Four again, they should have Will, Karen, and Koga. Ash and Brock would remember Koga, and he explains that he was asked to join the Elite Four. I think that May will win the Kanto GF. Here's what I mean. Any anime -only creation, they have Ash win it (any minor competitions and the Orange League trophy), while official ones (the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Leagues), he finishes in the Top whatever. Since the GF in Kanto is unofficial and the contest halls there are anime creations, they might as well have her win it.

The Hoenn Grand Festival was "unofficial" too, if you're referring to the games. The entire Contest arc was made from scratch for the anime, they're nothing like the game counterparts. The Grand Festival doesn't exist in the games, so that logic doesn't really work, as the "Kanto" Contests aren't any less important than the Hoenn countparts. (There are probably Contests in Johto now too, but since we'll never go back there, we'll never see the Johto Grand Festival)

Likewise, the third GF title almost confirms that she loses to Drew again. The writers pretty much rehashed the same exact battle scenarios from the Hoenn one, and the "Drew will pull a Gary" theory isn't going to happen, at least not this saga anyway.

All that title means is that May will have her final battle in that episode. She could still win against Drew.

While Ash's Orange Island victory could be repeated here, with the Grand Festival we are in the same spot as the end of Hoenn. It could go any way.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom