• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After the N arc, in the dub...

Nymphia

Reaction score
The thread has a rule: Yu can't post how the epsiodes will be resolved without spoiler tags because it's directed to dub fans, not Japanese version fans.

In other words, not things like this:
I'm happy that Oshawott finally wins a battle.

After this episode, the anime is starting a filler arc named in Japan "Decolora Adventures" (not dub name yet). The arc will consists on Ash, Iris and Cilan travelling around the islands in order to get adventures before Ash will go to Kanto.

The first 2 episodes have dub titles and are:
"Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!"
"The Dangerously Sweet Honey!" and it's an episode based on Combee and Ursaring.

The plot points of this arc will be:
-A Schalchop Tournament where many Oshawott will appear.
-The first appearance of Jirachi in the anime.
-The appearance of Zoroark in the anime after Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
-An appearance of Clair in the anime.
-Everyone turning into Beeheeyem.
-An episode about Oak and 3 Rotom.
-An epsiode that resembles "Bye bye Butterfree"
-An episode about a treasure that cointains (...) with Eevee in it.

One notes about the epsiodes:
-Based on episodes aired on Japan, there's no cameo of an older main character (Oak is not one).
-Team Rocket act completely funny like before BW. However, it's using his BW Pokemon, uses the BW R logo.
-And no, the upcoming episodes don't have a league or something similar.

This will be Ok in the Dub I think and it might go better here than in the Japanese Version but probably NOT BUT LET'S see what happens here.

Why is the dub still going to be called "Adventures in Unova" if they're NOT in Unova?

It still will be called adventures in unova, unfortunately. And yeah, silly on their part to do that. And I have a feeling that the opening may change for the next 20 something episode.

Why is the dub still going to be called "Adventures in Unova" if they're NOT in Unova?

I think it's kinda implied that Decolora Islands are part of Unova region.

Will the dub handwave it by saying that they're politically Unova territory, like how Puerto Rico is part of the US or French Polynesia is part of France?

I thought that they weren't given how the first episode of DA arc says that they're leaving Unova. In any case though, according to TV Guide, next week's episode shows that the season title is called Adventures in Unova and Beyond. So, if that is true, that could be a last minute change on TPCI to reflect the change in location, as well as hopefully encourage Cartoon Network to make a new promo since Ash and his friends are not making their way to the Unova League at this point, or in Unova for that matter starting in next week's episode.

I thought that they weren't given how the first episode of DA arc says that they're leaving Unova. In any case though, according to TV Guide, next week's episode shows that the season title is called Adventures in Unova and Beyond. So, if that is true, that could be a last minute change on TPCI to reflect the change in location, as well as hopefully encourage Cartoon Network to make a new promo since Ash and his friends are not making their way to the Unova League at this point, or in Unova for that matter starting in next week's episode.
Since they'll probably had to edit the opening anyway to correspond with the Decolora Archipelago, it only makes sense they edit the title as well.

Since they'll probably had to edit the opening anyway to correspond with the Decolora Archipelago, it only makes sense they edit the title as well.

They didn't bother to do that with Episode N and they altered the opening for that arc as well, but it's a bit more necessary to edit the title for the Decolora arc due to the different location.

The season system is horrible. You can't take something that doesn't have 50 episode seasons and then split them up. Especially considering the seasons get awful names like Master Quest and Battle Dimension that have absolutely no meaning.

Is there any real benefit to the 50 episode splits? It's an on-going show so I can't imagine it represents any sort of production block or anything. The splits are nothing to do with the story so it doesn't help there either.

The season system is horrible. You can't take something that doesn't have 50 episode seasons and then split them up. Especially considering the seasons get awful names like Master Quest and Battle Dimension that have absolutely no meaning.

Is there any real benefit to the 50 episode splits? It's an on-going show so I can't imagine it represents any sort of production block or anything. The splits are nothing to do with the story so it doesn't help there either.

I think it's so that they have different names to seasons for promoting and marketing purposes. Maybe they thought that having multiple seasons just referred to Pokemon would be kind of dull too.

I think it's so that they have different names to seasons for promoting and marketing purposes. Maybe they thought that having multiple seasons just referred to Pokemon would be kind of dull too.

Splitting in general isn't so bad, it's just that TPCi insist on doing it every 50 episodes regardless of how appropriate it is. I will admit that the issue is much worse with BW than with previous series. BW is not a 50/50/50 series, it's very distinctly 84/24/14/X. It surely would have been easier to market a season called "Journey to the White Ruins" or something rather than have season 16 consist of 3 unrelated arcs. They had to promote the change in premise just 10 or so episodes into the season, it's very jarring. Not to mention they now have to rename the season to band aid the mess.

They could at least go by openings, since the writers intend some sort of unofficial split. Each gen began like that, and I know the OI, BF and season 13 did something close to that, and those worked perfectly.

They didn't bother to do that with Episode N and they altered the opening for that arc as well, but it's a bit more necessary to edit the title for the Decolora arc due to the different location.
I would of liked it if they edited the title to reflect "Episode N" as well but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The promotion of Pokemon gives a lot of wonders:
Rival Destinies debuts on BW1 49; But seeing a summary from a Spanish website:

Disney XD said:
Ash se convertirá en el protagonista indiscutible de Disney XD gracias al esperado estreno el día 11 a las 18.45 horas de la nueva temporada de la conocida serie de animación, Pokémon.
En esta etapa, los seguidores se divertirán con aventuras inéditas en las que el joven entrenador y sus amigos Maya, Iris y Milo
Translation:
Ash will be the star of Disney XD thanks to the awaiting premiere on 11th (Febraury) at 6:45 PM of the new season of the known animation series, Pokemon.
In this new stage, the fans of the series will be entertained with never before seen adventures where the young trainer and his friends Maya, Iris and Millo.

The season start and we only see (I'm with the Japanese schedule, sorry) Ash, Iris and Millo. Let's see the cast of episode 1 (49):
Ash, Iris, Millo, Elesa, Bel, Joy, Papa de Bel.
(50): Encina appears and BEl dissppears
(51) Ferro y Caril appear.
(52) Mirto appear.
Starting from the Deino episode, Jessie and James appear.

The question is, who is fucking Maya?

Adventures in Unova and Beyond, huh? I'll admit I laughed at the titlte for a second,
but then decided to cut TPCi some slack since they probably didn't know about DA
when they were dubbing the Unova League and the Episode N arc.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom