• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Aftermath (One Shot)

1337R34P3R

Zalgo Fanboy
Reaction score
Author's Note: This is a quick one-shot about my OC in the RP (heezy). All C + C is relished, and flames are fun, too.

=========================

Eterna Forest was quiet. Flocks of Murkrow were sleeping in the trees, Buneary nibbled on the vegetation of the forest floor, and the myriads of bug Pokemon interspersed throughout the woods made slight buzzing noises. This tranquil scene disappeared as a human figure crashed through the brush, completely disregarding the branches and brambles tearing at his clothes and skin.

Ben pounded through the foliage, relishing the pain that tingled across his skin. It was a welcome distraction from the emotional tempest going on inside his head. His arms and legs burning, Ben finally fell to his knees aside a mossy rock, tears streaming down his cheeks. He crawled over and rested up against it, ragged gasps tearing through his throat. Ben was completely alone.

Hidden in the nearby trees, a motley crew of Pokemon stood huddled together, casting worried glances at the sight of their wilting trainer. Ben's Absol, Umbreon, Lucario and Gardevoir were deep in discussion; Salamence and Mamoswine had agreed not to come, as their presence would be easily announced due to their great bulk.

"I'm serious, you guys, I've never seen him like this before." The Umbreon mewled, the other three Pokemon understanding her speech through their ability to read aura. "He's always been rather cheery, whether he won or lost a battle."

"One of us has got to talk to him." Remarked the Absol, pawing the ground nevously. "I can't stand just sitting here and letting him beat himself up like this."

"Are you kidding?!" Lucario exclaimed, gesturing at Ben. "He doesn't want to talk to any of us; I can feel it from here."

"I don't care" replied the Absol. "He needs help." And with that, the Absol slowly broke her cover from within the trees, and walked up to her trainer.

Ben looked up as he heard the crackle of branches, and noticed his Absol walking towards him. Her dull red pelt was shimmering in the rays of sun penetrating the forest canopy.

"What do you want?" Ben snapped, his eyes returning to the ground in front of him.

The Absol exhaled. "I just want you to know..." She said telepathically "...That loss wasn't your fault. We weren't ready to go up against the Elite Four, and we didn't have the necessary items to keep us going the entire way."

Ben stood up, shaking visibly. "You're right." He muttered, then whipped his head around to face the horned wildcat. "It was YOURS!"

The Absol took a step back, visibly shocked. "M-m-mine?"

Ben turned his body to face hers now, rage flaring in his eyes. "Yes, yours! You sat on the sidelines throughout the entire tournament, and when I needed you the most, you backed out like a four-week-old hatchling. You're one of the most powerful Pokemon on my team, but you still have the gall to sit and watch your friends--my friends--get burnt, frozen, drowned, beaten, and smashed about. You, on the other hand, have the comfy job of sitting at my side, occasionally shouting encouraging statements just to make yourself feel better. What the hell happened against Lucian?! You had the type advantage! You had the right moves to take him down, no sweat, but when that Alakazam came out, you froze. And yet here you are, trying to comfort me by telling me it's not my fault? Of course it's not my fault! It's yours!"

The Absol whimpered, its entire body shaking.

"I-I...my..." the red creature turned and ran, darting through the trees without a sound.

Back in the woods, the Umbreon sighed. "I'll go talk to her," she said. "That was an awful thing to say, especially with what she's been through." The Umbreon took off after her, her blue rings pulsing as she bounded from tree to branch to rock.

Lucario sighed, and looked at Gardevoir. "Well, what do you suppose we do?"

The Gardevoir ignored him, her eyes flashing as she stared at Ben's silhouette. "That prick." She spat, turning to Lucario. "He's just going to keep blaming us for his shortcomings."

Lucario shrugged. "And we'll be here to comfort him." He sighed, "That's what friends are for."

Gardevoir shook her head. "No," she said. "A true friend would do this, and with that, she stormed off into the clearing, her dress-like figure flowing behind her.

Ben looked up as a new sound pierced through his self pity. He looked up, enraged at this interruption. He tilted his head up as his Gardevoir flew towards him.

"Oh, don't say a-" was all Ben could get out, before Gardevoir forced him backwards with a powerful psychic attack. Ben fell to the ground, shocked at this sudden insubordination.

"What the hell do you-" Ben was cut off by the Gardevoir again.

"Alright, you asshole, listen up. You had no right to yell at Absol the way you did. Absolutely none at all. You know how she is; that's why you took pity on her and let her travel with you all these months. Shame on you for yelling at her for something that she can't control."

Ben stood up, eyes flashing, and stood eye-to-eye with his Gardevoir. "It was her fault that-"

"No, it was not" Gardevoir snapped again, a cutting edge to her telepathic voice. "Not a single one of us is to blame. You were the one who decided to take on the Elite Four without doing any research whatsoever. You were the one who thought that we wouldn't need any items whatsoever. You were the one who was cocky after all those gym matches you won so easily. You got cocky and had to suffer the consequences. Don't even think about trying to blame this on us. You've changed, Ben; you're nothing like the kind hearted trainer I used to know. Sometimes, I see a whole new person altogether, and I tell you, no one likes it."

Ben reeled. Was this true? Ben reflected on the past couple of months.

His memory flashed to a mechanical maze in Sunyshore, him yelling at his Umbreon to get up, keep fighting.

His mind shifted to a dark cave, his Lucario being fended off by a nasty Torterra. Ben was yelling at him, asking him what he was good for if he couldn't beat a lousy grass-type.

Ben's thoughts raced to the day before, against a battle with Flint. His Mamoswine was out against an Infernape, and it wasn't looking good. Ben yelling, Mamoswine roaring, Infernape screeching. His Mamoswine was down for the count, but Ben wouldn't accept it.

And with that, his resolve crumpled, and Ben went limp, falling into his Gardevoir's arms, tears streaming down his cheeks.
"Oh no..." he weeped, as the Gardevoir awkwardly held him. "I've become the one thing I used to despise..."

Gardevoir, completely shocked at this turn of events, staggered under the weight of her trainer. "It'll be fine." She gasped.

Ben suddenly stood up, and began marching back towards his house. He turned to his Gardevoir, motioning for her to come with.

"Come on, I've got some apologies to make" he said. The Gardevoir glowed with happiness, then hurried to follow her trainer.

Lucario watched the events as they unfolded, and followed Ben and Gardevoir as they walked. Gardevoir snuck a look at him, and shot him a message.

"Get the others together, we're having a meeting."

Lucario nodded, and darted off, his aura leaving a faint trail behind him.

If this was supposed to be serious:
Great work 1337 hopefully you will continue the last fic
If not:
LOLz

No one is allowed to open this spoiler:
Can't resist opening it, eh?

This isn;t a oneshot .... it's more like the prologue to a fic.

Its very good. I really want to know what happened to the Absol now.

Also angry Gardevoirs are awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom