• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG 105 dub title

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
JP title: "Seal the Giant Claydol!"
Dub title: "Claydol Big and Tall"

Shigemori the Sage keeps his original name.

Wow, what is with 4Kids keeping the names the same all of a sudden?

First Harley, now Shigemori?
...Repent, children. The end is near.

Unregistered said:
4kids usually keep the names unless they're too Japanese

And Shigemori and Izabe aren't Japanese?

It was funny when they gave someone a Japanese sounding dub name, which wasn't even the original name. Heh... remember Otoshi? His Japanese name was actually "Saizou".

~Zak

Heh, they'll probably start renaming the characters again soon, I doubt 4kids decided to stick with all the original names for the rest of Hoenn.

Although I'm thinking they'll leave Masamune's name as is because the guy actually looks Japanese.

Or maybe it was just easier not to spend time thinking up a new name. The alliteration is there, and his name is only said twice. (Ash just calls him Sage.)

Geez, you guys act like it's a bad thing. ^_^ Points for 4Kids!

I think they're running out of names to use, as well. They haven't used mine yet, grr. XD

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
I think they're running out of names to use, as well. They haven't used mine yet, grr. XD
They haven't used mine, either, although I don't mind...if they do use it, or a variation on it, I hope they use it for the name of a female Ground-type gym leader, since it's very well suited for it. And because a female Ground-type gym leader would be fifteen kinds of awesome.

*is named Hilary*

Apparently there's been an Alex, but he wasn't named in the episode, he only showed up in the closed captioning...according to Blackjack, anyway. He was the guy in the Shroomish ep.

Interesting about the Japanese name staying...

My name (which is also my username) is used for the big fat party animal known as Scott who owns the Battle Frontier. :D

I seriously hope Scott gives Ash something special after he defeats the Brains, in the games all Scott gives you is a freakin' berry! All that hard work battling and beating tough trainers for just some lame berry.

If there was ever a ripoff in the Pokemon games, that would be it. Hopefully the anime does something different.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom