• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG 105 dub title

Has there been a 'Jacob'? :p

So, 4Kids has started keeping Japanese names now...pray that they keep it up.

My name has been used twice. Well... there was a "Zakkie" in the Sprout Tower episode. There was also a Zack in the Yanma episode.

~Zak

I think the reason that they haven't used my name yet (Lindsay) is because it would be very odd to fit to lip flap. It's halfway between one and two lip flaps, kinda. XD And they have a Lindsay in the dub actors now, too. -_-;;
But I want to think there's been a Lin somewhere.

My brother is named James... (twitches)... boy, the jokes after I started watching the show.
If they ever name a character Dawn, and she ends up being a major dweeb, I will hunt the writers down and bludgeon them with my Wobbuffet plushie. Or just die.

Hah, the closest they've ever come to using my name was Joe in The School Of Hard Knocks. :D Which is, um, not ideal.

I could of sworn they used Melissa already...

Can't wait until this episode airs. Mainly cause it's one of my fav.'s from Hoenn.

Can't think of any Williams..... aside from the purple-haired psycho Psychic they neglect to show.

If there was... then at least three staff members would have had their name [singular, haha!] mentioned in the anime.

Oh well, at least the first kanji of my name has been used... in several places... though not as a person's name...

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
I think they're running out of names to use, as well.
Yeah, really. They have even started repeating some (Tommy, Timmy, Victor, Harrison, Forrest...).

Yacob said:
Has there been a 'Jacob'? :p
I don't think so.

Myss Hydra said:
"Could have." And I know they've used Melanie, but I can't recall a Melissa.

V Faction said:
Can't think of any Williams..... aside from the purple-haired psycho Psychic they neglect to show.
There was Bill from the lighthouse, if he counts.

Dogasu said:
There was a Chris in one of the Whirl Islands episodes, right?
Yeah, he was the guy with the fishing pole and Kingdra.

They haven't used my name yet. I don't think they've used Kathleen, either.

What was the name of either the Farfetch'd guy or the Cyndaquil-chasing guy? I seem to remember that one or both had names that weren't actually said, but were in the closed captioning.

As for the title, it's ok. It sounds inexplicably strange, but otherwise, it's ok.

Last edited:
Myss Hydra said:
There's been a MaRissa, but so far there hasn't been a Malissa.
Generic little girl character I believe. Can't recall the episode she appeared in however.

Marissa was in the Crystal Onix episode in the Orange Islands, she was Mateo's younger sister.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom