• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG 142 title straight from PokeAni

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
Evolution! That Mystery and Miracle!!

O...kay...

Discuss

~Zak

Apparently, the episode is about the mystery about evolution among Pokémon and what miracle that is.

o_O;

r0ck0rz pikachu gon volve den aftea taichu pikablue!!11!!

Hmmm, interesting title. It's too vague for much speculation though. It'd be hilarious if it was another usless filler though.

It probably is a filler, they're not going to have a main characters Pokemon evolve so soon after the new theme song. The writing for the Frontier saga has been terrible so far, it's probably another filler.

It probably is filler, but it sounds like it could be interesting. The evolving will probably be of that weeks character's Pokémon, but still...

Maybe it'll be about how Manene and Sneasel evolve into Mr. Mime and Manyula? Or how Munchlax evolves into Snorlax?

Is it too much to ask for Ash to have a couple of third-level evolutions on his team?

Barb said:
Is it too much to ask for Ash to have a couple of third-level evolutions on his team?

Um, the only one on his current team (besides Pikachu) that could have a third level evolution is Grovyle. The others only evolve once or are done already.

Geodude said:
Maybe it'll be about how Manene and Sneasel evolve into Mr. Mime and Manyula? Or how Munchlax evolves into Snorlax?

Manene and Manyula are in a near-future ep, probably for that exact purpose (why else put them together?) and the chances of Gonbe evolving = 0.

It can't take over the world if it's just another boring Snorlax. ^^

I also don't think it's likely any of the team's Pokemon will be evolving. It'd be in the intro already.

If we're lucky, it'd be a secondary character like Richie or Drew. Chances are it's just a character of the day though.

If it WAS Pikachu, i'd probably laugh until I die.

Scott85 said:
Um, the only one on his current team (besides Pikachu) that could have a third level evolution is Grovyle. The others only evolve once or are done already.

I know and this is exactly why I pine for Charizard's return. Or Bayleef evolving into Meganium. Or Bulbasaur evolving. Or something beyond 'cute and cuddly'.

Or how 'bout we not ruin characters' personalities for a sake of a generic evolution. Bulbasaur has been awesome as a Bulbasaur for 8 years, Ash doesn't need some boring generic Venusaur.

Although his Johto Pokemon should evolve since they barely have personalities, the only one on his current team that will/should evolve is Phanpy. The others are fine the way they are.

How do you know that Bulbasaur wouldn't be an awesome Venusaur? Who's to say that his/her personality wouldn't stay intact?

Because most Pokemon don't.

Examples:

Charmander to Charizard. (total change in personality)

Snorunt to Glalie. (Lost it's playful attitude and had no personality)

Torchic to Combusken (lost it's cute crybaby side and became a fierce fighter)

Pineco to Foretress (lost it's funny explosive personality and became bland and boring)

Poliwag to Poliwhirl/Politoed (Became a whole lot stupider)

I'm sorry, but I don't need evolutions to like Ash's Pokemon. Most of them are fine the way they are. Especially his Kanto Pokes, Bulbasaur and Squirtle > A generic Venusaur and Blastoise.

Thank goodness the writers feel the same way too, and don't give in to all the people that want all evolved Pokemon like in the games.

Scott85 said:
Pineco to Foretress (lost it's funny explosive personality and became bland and boring)

Poliwag to Poliwhirl/Politoed (Became a whole lot stupider)
Pineco and Poliwag had personalities? That's news to me. (Exploding=/=a personality)

Also, what about Taillow? Did IT lose any personality when IT evolved? No. It became better; it actually DID things(unlike Ash's *other* bird Pokemon). There was no noticable change in how the birdie acted, so Taillow's evolution was soley a good thing.
Treecko's personality didn't change at all when *it* evolved, either.
Krabby...eh, hard to tell since it never did much in either form, but something tells me that if it hadn't evolved, we'd see even less of it.
Zubat did next to nothing. Same with Golbat. Crobat did a LITTLE more, but not much. So its evolution was rather neutral in terms of "was it a good idea?".
Torchic changed for the better when it evolved. Then again, this is from someone who doesn't like crybaby Pokemon(aside from May's Squirtle. But that's just because it showed that it can kick ass, too).
What about Jessie's and May's Wurmple? Did THEY lose anything from evolution? Hell no.
I will concede that Koffing's evolution was a regrettable event. No fountain of joy deserves to be replaced with moanings of despair.
Ekans didn't change much when it evolved. It got stronger, but that's it.
Pidgeotto only showed a personality in the last episode it was in. Which, coincidentally, was the episode in which it evolved. It GAINED personality after it evolved.
Chikorita didn't change at all when it evolved. OK, it doesn't glomp Ash anymore, but that's because it knows that he wouldn't like that.
Charmander's personality changed when it evolved, but let me ask you...what was its personality prior to evolution? Did it HAVE one?

Evolution isn't as evil as you make it out to be.

Having said that, people who want evolution all the time are just as wrong and annoying as people who say "NO EVOLUTION!!!" all the time. Partially because neither side explains WHY evolution should(n't) happen very well, and partially because they go on about it all the damn time.

It's just that there's no reason for Bulbasaur to evolve. It's fine the way it is, it's been in that form for 8 years, what makes you think the writers would evolve it now? It's pointless, Bulbasaur is already a powerhouse.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom