• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG 156 Title

You people are just using the same arguments as always, and as such nobody's opinion on this is going to change.

People view certain aspects of the show as more important than others. To them, that is what differentiates series and makes them different.

To me, Pokemon didn't really change significantly from Master Quest to Advanced, so I still consider it all the same show.

So what exactly did happen between "Hoenn Alone" and "Get the Show on the Road" to make them COMPLETELY different series? =/

I know that AG is officially recognized as a different series,but that doesn't change the fact that there's direct continuity between those two episodes.

So basically,no one is either right or wrong on this issue.If you believe the episode count restarted at the beginning of AG,that's ok.And if you believe it didn't restart,then that's fine too.

Does it really matter either way? Whether you class AG as a separate series or not, it's still true that Misty was a main character in the first five seasons, and a minor character from AG onwards.

And the Unregistered guy is blatantly Scott85. ;)

AG and pre-AG have the same storyline, characters, etc., but are TECHINCALLY 2 different series. Hence why the ep numbering starts at 1 again at the start of AG. Was the change made jsut to make Advance stand out more? Probably. Does the fact that they're the exact same show in different locations change stand? Yes. Are they still separate series? Techincally yes, but if you want to think they're the exact same show just with a title change(which is practically unheard of in non-dub anime), go ahead. But this "AG is a different series!" "No it's not!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT'S NOT!" "YES IT IS! IT HAS A DIFFERENT NAME IN JAPAN, SO THERE!" "NO IT'S NOT, BECAUSE IT HAS THE SAME DAMN CONTINUITY!" "SO DID DB AND DBZ!" "THOSE HAD A LARGER GAP AND THE MAIN STORYLINE GOAL WAS SOLVED IN DB BEFORE MOVING ON TO DBZ!" "BUT AG IS OFFICIALY RECOGNIZED AS A DIFFERENT SERIES, JUST LIKE DBZ!" (etc.) argument is going nowhere. D:

Anyway, AG 156. Ninja. Bonsly. Possibility of Janine appearing. Probability that writers will waste this opportunity to show her. Argument over who gets Bonsly or if anybody gets Bonsly(which led to argument over major/minor characters, which led to discussion of whether or not AG is a separate series...). Waiting to get an ep preview so that we know more.

Is it actually possible for a Bonsly to be a ninja? It doesn't seem to have the body shape for it.

I see no problem with it. Except for the lack of arms, I guess. Maybe it can learn to throw shuriken with its top branch thing?

It looks like it could be after all:
I46.jpg

The next episode I think is [HASHTAG]#433[/HASHTAG] Bonsly & The Ninja School. I got from the website called http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml. I think that Bonsly maybe can become Brock's 3rd Pokemon. I have seen Bonsly episode and pictures already. Brock actually caught a Bonsly with his Forretress in the battle. If you want to see it, go to this website: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Last edited:
We know:
First Post said:
Well, it looks like we'll finally get to see another next gen pokemon, this time Usohachi:

AG 156: ウソハチと忍者スクール!! (Usohachi and the Ninja School!!)

I hope they make this a good ep rather than a marketing of Usohachi's first appearance, but we'll see :p

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom