• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG 156 Title

Limerick

#PocketMonsters staff
Reaction score
Well, it looks like we'll finally get to see another next gen pokemon, this time Usohachi:

AG 156: ウソハチと忍者スクール!! (Usohachi and the Ninja School!!)

I hope they make this a good ep rather than a marketing of Usohachi's first appearance, but we'll see :p

ZoraJolteon said:
liek zomg Brock will catch it!?!
Kasumi better catch it before Takeshi! It will be nice to see new Pokemon from the next generation again. Hope they don't exploit the new character as a gimmic to get people to watch instead of writing a decent epiosode. I'm now looking forward to AG153,155 & 156.

What!?

You're not looking forward to the ever so frightening Elekid ep?!

ドッキリ!ビックリ!エレキッド!! <--- I mean, who DOESN'T anxiously anticipate the ep!? It's not like it sounds like a total filler or anything... ;p

Sunain said:
Kasumi better catch it before Takeshi! It will be nice to see new Pokemon from the next generation again. Hope they don't exploit the new character as a gimmic to get people to watch instead of writing a decent epiosode. I'm now looking forward to AG153,155 & 156.
Why should Kasumi get a Rock Pokémon? And besides, she isn't even with the 'heroes' o_O

I hope Takeshi gets it.
He was nice to Usohachi in the 8th movie

Yeah I'd like Brock to get it. Brock hasn't caught a single Rock Pokemon since he's been introduced. If Brock does get Bonsly, it'll be the first new Rock Pokemon he's had in over 400+ episodes. :eek:

The Elekid episode may not be filler if May's egg hatches in that one BTW.

Bonsly's gonna be a ninja? Awesome! =D "Bon bon bon! I'm a ninja!"*

I think, based on the Battle Frontier intro animation that's been teasing us Brock fans about with that delightful little hint on what's to come, and the fact that this title doesn't scream "Hey look, rather than Brock getting a new Pokémon like you all thought, it's time for yet another Pokémon for May!"**, we're finally gonna see Brock get a new Pokémon, and a rock type at that!

I still would've preferred if Bonsly had been obtained in an egg and then hatched into the party, but I suppose ninjas are an acceptable alternative.

* Inside joke for anyone else who's played Disgaea. Although no one could be as good a ninja as Flonne, not even Bonsly.
** Yes, I'm still bitter about the whole Munchlax thing.

I might as well get it started here as well. Will Janine FINALLY make an appearance?

Aw, and I almost thought I'd be the first one to say it. D:

It'd be nice if Janine appeared, although knowing the writers...it won't happen. :/

It would be very cool if Brock would catch Bonsly in AG 156, no doubt, and i am maintaining this opinion.
Although something is not right on this: seing the season 9 intro how it shows characters' future caught pokemon(e.g.: Manene dansing with TM R--James catches Manene), there is Max who trips over Bonsly...so it can be something weird to see Max having this as his first pokemon. I know i am saying something that may not be made( Max has to take ,first ,one of the starter pokemon), but who knows-many things can happen beyond expectation(another example is the volt tackle attack made by Pikachu first time in AG 150).
That was only one though about what would happen in AG 156(but soon Max will have to take his first pokemon); my opinion remains the same: Brock, catch that Bonsly!

Dash said:
( Max has to take ,first ,one of the starter pokemon)

No he doesn't. In fact, having one of the starter pokemon as your first pokemon is almost unheard of in the anime. Just look at the main heroes. Satoshi's first pokemon was a Pikachu and Takeshi's was an Iwaku. And if we assume that Kasumi doesn't have some Zenigame somewhere that she hasn't told us about, I think it's safe to say that her first pokemon wasn't one of the starter pokemon either. Now Masato's sister did choose a starter pokemon as her first one, but that seems to be an exception in the pokemon anime world.

Personally, I'd prefer Masato to go back and get that Ralts he left back in Houen, but an Usohachi wouldn't be bad either.

Dogasu said:
No he doesn't. In fact, having one of the starter pokemon as your first pokemon is almost unheard of in the anime. Just look at the main heroes. Satoshi's first pokemon was a Pikachu and Takeshi's was an Iwaku. And if we assume that Kasumi doesn't have some Zenigame somewhere that she hasn't told us about, I think it's safe to say that her first pokemon wasn't one of the starter pokemon either. Now Masato's sister did choose a starter pokemon as her first one, but that seems to be an exception in the pokemon anime world.

Personally, I'd prefer Masato to go back and get that Ralts he left back in Houen, but an Usohachi wouldn't be bad either.

What about Kenta, Marina, and Jun'ichi? Kasey? Harisson? Gary? Hajime? Those people in the starter panic ep?

It's far from unheard of.

Richie, Masamune, and Tetsuya could also be examples, but we don't really have proof they started with them.

~Zak

Well, if Max's sister got a starter, that suggests that Norman and Caroline might have brought their kids up with the expectation that they will receive their first Pokemon from Professor Birch. But I imagine that should Max pick up a Pokemon while off travelling, nobody's going to make a fuss about it. I'd like it if he went back for Ralts, too.

There's almost no way in hell that the writers are going to schlep them back to Hoenn. With them in Kanto and a new region up ahead, Hoenn is a long way off, and unless Hoenn region is on the way to the new territory...

But Ralts could always pull a Jigglypuff and come back for Max. However, there were so many other Max episodes, and so many other candidates for what could have been Max's first Pokemon, like the Poochyena one. Hell, if WB were what they were five years ago they'd probably make a theme week of him.

~Zak

Zak said:
There's almost no way in hell that the writers are going to schlep them back to Hoenn. With them in Kanto and a new region up ahead, Hoenn is a long way off, and unless Hoenn region is on the way to the new territory...

Well I think it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see Ralts again, but we probably will see Hoenn again.

May and Max, two main characters, have parents in Hoenn. Just like Ash always returns to Pallet Town after his journey, May and Max will most likely visit their parents in Petalburg after their journies too. Heck, May even stayed with her parents in Petalburg for a little while after Hoenn ended before rushing off to Kanto to meet Ash again.

The writers kind of stretched themselves thin here. Ash's parent and home is in Kanto, yet May (and Max's) parents are in Hoenn. Granted Brock's parents are in Pewter, but since Brock isn't a major character they don't bother making a big deal out of his family.

But since Ash and May are the main characters of the show, not showing either of them go meet their parents before heading off on a long journey would be disappointing.

I think it's likely that we'll see Norman and Caroline again before they head off to the D/P region. What I wonder is if Ash will go with May and Max back to Hoenn, or if he'll wait in Pallet Town before they come back. (Assuming they're going to be in the next region, unless just May returns and Max goes on his own journey).

Either way, Hoenn will never be thrown out of the picture completely. Johto was the only region completely forgotten, simply because none of the main characters have any ties to Johto.

But when you have a lead character and a supporting character who hail from Hoenn, I think it's pretty obvious that at least they will be heading back to Hoenn quite often. As for Ash, I could see him going over there to visit May's family again too, especially if they're to see Birch again and decide where to go next.

Kanto and Hoenn will probably be the two most re-visted areas of the anime, because the two main characters have family there.

Tangent, but.

Scott85 said:
Granted Brock's parents are in Pewter, but since Brock isn't a major character they don't bother making a big deal out of his family.
Brock may not be one of the two main characters. Brock may be placed quite low in terms of importance, with Max and Tracey being the only challengers for level of importance if we're judging importance based on how much attention the writers give the character which, evidently, we are. Brock may be indistinguishable from the background scenary in some of the more recent episodes.

But Brock is still a major character, and it bothers me considerably every time you fail to acknowledge that. Even if he was kicked off the main cast again, he would still be a major character. Don't believe me? Tell the Misty fans that Misty's not a major character in the Pokémon series. Go on. I dare you.

The reason why Brock's family is seen once in a blue moon, then? For the same reasons that Brock hasn't gotten a new Pokémon since Mudkip, has episodes where he might say three lines tops, and overall has just been neglected. I don't think I need to continue on this tangent further by repeating those reasons, since you know what I'm talking about, correct?

I kind of had a feeling you'd reply to that Pie. :p

Aside from his Hoso, Brock's family was never really given spotlight. Flint was in what, 2 episodes?

I'm not saying Brock is totally unimportant, just that since Ash and May are the leads, they get more screentime and more development. And since Max's parents are the same as May's, he gets some family backstory too.

Granted, I don't consider Tracey or Max as important as Brock. Tracey has literally no back story whatsoever, no family, and was kicked out of the series after a short mini-arc. Brock has at least been in over 400 episodes of the anime and acts as the big brother for the group, so he's definitely more important than Tracey and even Max. It's just that Ash and May are above him status wise, since they're the "leads".

But Brock is still a major character, and it bothers me considerably every time you fail to acknowledge that.

He's a major character in the sense that he's in the group. But at the end of the day, he's still not "as important" as Ash/May, if you understand what I mean.

The only "major characters" of Pokemon was Ash. Misty and Brock were always supporting characters.

The only "major characters" of Pokemon Advance, are Ash and May. And Max and Brock are supporting characters.

I kind of define "major characters" as > than "main characters".

Team Rocket are "main characters" for instance, but they're not "The" major characters since the show doesn't revolve around them. They're the token villains. AG revolves around Ash and May's quest.

Even if he was kicked off the main cast again, he would still be a major character. Don't believe me? Tell the Misty fans that Misty's not a major character in the Pokémon series. Go on. I dare you.

Well if Misty fans say that Misty is a major character in Pokemon Advance, I'd flat out tell them they're wrong. A character who only appears 5 times in a 150+ episode series isn't a major character by any stretch of the imagination.

Now if they said Misty was a major character for Pokemon (the first 5 seasons), then of course they're right, Misty was a main character during those seasons.

Just like Tracey hasn't been a main character since his departure after the Orange Islands, Misty hasn't been a main character once she left either. I guess some people just define this stuff different than others. And also the fact that some people refuse to count Pokemon and Pokemon Advance as different series, when in fact they are different shows since the episode number starts back at #1 again once AG begins.

The reason why Brock's family is seen once in a blue moon, then? For the same reasons that Brock hasn't gotten a new Pokémon since Mudkip, has episodes where he might say three lines tops, and overall has just been neglected. I don't think I need to continue on this tangent further by repeating those reasons, since you know what I'm talking about, correct?

Yes, and I agree that it's a shame that Brock doesn't at least get a filler episode every so often where he can get spotlight. Hopefully he'll have the Bonsly episode as his focus...although knowing the writers that episode will focus on the trainer of the day and Ash, and then Bonsly will just jump into Brock's arms at the end of the episode. :/

Last edited:
All right, I think I see the problem here. Your definition major character > main character is the complete opposite of what I think, since major just means greater in importance and main means greatest in importance. I can quote the dictionary if you like, but that's not really necessary. The point is what you call major I call main and what you call main I call major and blah blah blah words.

And... ugh, I have a bad feeling you're gonna be right with that episode prediction. You know, if they could just once in a while give Brock the sort of attention they seem to give May's boobies every other episode... give a nod to his existance in the non-Brock-centric episodes, like they have no problem doing for May's boobies in the Brock-centric ones... you know, just not neglect him in favor of May's boobies at every opportunity...

About Misty and Brock: knowing them to be older in age them Ash, they kinda act like "parents" for this character. They also have different roles in the travelling companion, but the essential ones are "hidden" inside their psychic- take example of the ones like: Brock thinking on solutions to resolve a nasty situation or Misty, who tries to correct Ash of his mistakes.
The important thing about them is that they have equilibrated roles in the anime...once Misty leaves the group,she gives the role to May (and if u have observed in the whole AG episodes-at least in the jap versions-, May acomplishes that role pretty well).

Well, the only thing that saddens me is that the writers have a lack of inspiration for the anime that is airing these last 2 years; they cannot make an episode where every character in the travelling co. has a good role. Take example the episode with Flaafy and Mudkip- the whole attention was on Brock and his Marshtomp, while the other characters had common roles. The writers make too much change of role attributes in one episode and,in the next ep, they ,or pass that unique role to another character, or make it common again, which kinda makes it become boring sometimes...

As for AG 156, I might say that it can be a tie right now: Brock VS Max(1-1)...so either Brock catches the Bonsly or the pokemon decides to travel with Max. Either way, that pokemon will join the team(or maybe not..).
The fact that I made that tie is because in the episode where Mudkip evolves(like i said it before i will say it again), the attention is drawn only to Brock and his pokemon- so i think that his "popularity" kinda expired for another episode like AG 156.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom