• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News AG (and now DP) airing on boomarang

Re: AG airing on boomarang now!!!!

I guess this means I pretty much can remove Boomerang from my list of TV channels to watch. Its sad to hear that they have axed Kanto-Johto episodes and left them homeless. What they should do is air one episode from the first part of the TV show (Pokemon I Choose You to Hoenn Alone) and then air one from Advanced Generation. This would please pretty much everyone who tunes in rather than just a certain group.

I guess this means I pretty much can remove Boomerang from my list of TV channels to watch. Its sad to hear that they have axed Kanto-Johto episodes and left them homeless. What they should do is air one episode from the first part of the TV show (Pokemon I Choose You to Hoenn Alone) and then air one from Advanced Generation. This would please pretty much everyone who tunes in rather than just a certain group.

Or maybe you can get over it. Kanto-Johto have been rerun to death, the majority of it is on DVD. And as said, AG is now nearly 10 years old.

I am sure Boomerang will go back to airing Kanto/Johto again eventually anyway.

Oddly even though the series is AG boomerang still labeled it as pokemon on the tv guide apparently boomerang believes AG is apart of the original series so basicly they'll still show the older episodes, in fact when(or if) they the DP and Best Wishes eps i bet they would consider them a part of the original series as well.

Oddly even though the series is AG boomerang still labeled it as pokemon on the tv guide apparently boomerang believes AG is apart of the original series so basicly they'll still show the older episodes, in fact when(or if) they the DP and Best Wishes eps i bet they would consider them a part of the original series as well.

"Original Series" doesn't exist in the English dub, which, unlike the Japanese version, doesn't break the show into "different series" - but instead treat it all as one long show that gets broken to "seasons" that are all part of the same series
So it IS "Pokémon" no matter what season you're talking about, since the dub never tried to "restart" it as a "new series" the way they do in Japan

I just found out that AG41(What You Seed is What You Get) is airing on june 19 looks like boomerang does have the rights to the complete advance generation.

I just found out that AG41(What You Seed is What You Get) is airing on june 19 looks like boomerang does have the rights to the complete advance generation.

Well, this ep proves Season 7 but can't prove anything for Seasons 8-9 (not that I try to say they won't air them... but I guess nothing is confirmed yet)

They probably have all 3 Hoenn seasons at least. It'll be interesting to see if they have Battle Frontier though.

It's not really "Hoenn seasons" when Season 6 includes Johto and Season 8 includes BF (and yes, I know what you mean, but still - I wish people would use "seasons" properly and not mix it with "sagas")

That's because nobody remembers how they originally aired but a select few old fans like us.

That can be fixed if sites like Serebii and people like us would actually bother to let others know what the official "seasons" really are

Eh... not at all, Bulbapedia is telling lies to poor kids who eat it up and then spread these lies as facts
The link you just gave tell us there's an "Indigo League" Season that contains 80 eps - while that never happened

There's "Season 1" that contains the first 52 eps, then there's "Season 2" that contains the next 52 eps (which means it's a mix of Kanto and Orange), then Season 3 contains the next 52 eps (which makes it a mix of Orange and Johto), Season 4 is the next 52 eps (continuation of Johto), Season 5 is the next 52 eps (still Johto), Season 6 is the next 52 eps (Johto + Hoenn), Season 7 is the next 52 eps (Hoenn), Season 8 is the next 52 eps (Hoenn + BF), Season 9 is the next 47 eps (BF), Season 10 is the next 51 eps, Season 11 is the next 52 eps, Season 12 is the next 52 eps, Season 13 is the next 34 eps (S10-13 being all of Sinnoh from beginning to end), Season 14 is the next 48 eps (Unova) and Season 15 continues Unova and will have an unknown number of eps which will most likely be 52 or a number very close to it

So no, Bulbapedia doesn't do that...

EDIT: "unknown" turns into a link for Unown's Bulbapedia page? seriously?......

Last edited:

So no, Bulbapedia doesn't do that...

Yes, it does. Just click on each season.

Pokémon: Indigo League - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Here, while there is a mention of how the "Australian DVDs" handled things (which is how they officially are and how the show is aired globally... and not just a thing the Australian DVDs made up) it still pretends there is a "Season 1" that covers all of the Kanto saga and that is called "Indigo League"

I still see in the side "Episodes 81 (3 skipped)" while there never was any Season with more than 52 eps in it

I still see "he season began with Pokémon, I Choose You!, which originally aired on September 8, 1998, and ended with Pallet Party Panic, which originally aired on December 4, 1999. "
Stating that Season 1 ended with an episode that is actually from the middle of Season 2

I still see "Ash comes in the top 16 in the Indigo League, one bracket above his rival, Gary. (EP079) "
Listing of Season 2 events as Season 1 events

I still see "With 80 episodes, this is the longest season of the dub yet. "
When it was actually 52 eps long like almost all the other seasons and isn't any longer than most of them at all...

I'm sorry, but fansites like Bulbapedia, Serebii, and pretty much any site that exist, did a horrible job at explaining what "Seasons" really are... these fansites only mislead fans with their made up facts

One of the things I really love at Dogasu's site is that he actually bothers to properly list the official seasons as they are
Like here: The Kanto Region
But sadly Dogasu seems to be pretty much the only one who's doing it right (unless we count the official site, which also properly list the seasons, though attach to them the "season titles" despite the theme songs and titles not starting to actually match the official seasons till Season 7)

Then go on Bulbapedia and edit that in. Or go talk to a Bulbapedia staff member about it.

Advanced Battle is airing now, hopefully they'll keep going into DP instead of stopping at Battle Frontier

Ah, AG is one of my favorite sagas next to Master Quest...Watching it again makes me miss TR's old team here: Seviper, Dustox, Cacnea, Chimecho...

I never understood why they didn't air AG sooner. I got really tired of seeing the anime get through Johto on Boomerang, so I'd get ready to DVR some AG... and then it'd just start over again.

I never understood why they didn't air AG sooner. I got really tired of seeing the anime get through Johto on Boomerang, so I'd get ready to DVR some AG... and then it'd just start over again.

Remember, Boomerang primarily airs old shows.

AG didn't start in the U.S. till 2003. Next year will actually make the 10th anniversary of Hoenn's debut in the dub. I think waiting till now, just before its 10th anniversary, was the perfect time. Its now officially old.

Ah, good point. For some reason, it always felt older than that to me.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom