• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview AG065: The Great Gokulin Repelling Strategy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
Whee...

Alright, I don't think Ash or James will get Gulpin. But it looks like a good episode that could lead in to another event.

-FACTS-

Correct me on the following if I'm wrong, Murg.

Basically, translating the text on Palette and TVTOKYO, this has been deducted:
Ash and co are on their way to Petalburg City for the Gym badge, when Ash comes across a town (no name). As he enters, Jenny comes by and warns him immediately about the town being terrorized by Gulpins, who are crawling about and eating everything in sight. And Professor Shakuji of this town has been researching the problem and trying to find a way to get rid of the Gulpin. Ash as usual voulenteers to investigate the scene, so Jenny suggests he visit the Professor...

And now, watching the teaser preview, it seems they're using all sorts of mechanisms to try it... and a bunch of grass types as well... a Tangela, a Parasect, and even a MEGANIUM! Heh, maybe from the professor's lab, or possibly a bunch of passing Grass trainers. You'd probably expect Ash and co to try Treecko and Lombre.... well, from the pic alone, it looks like Treecko AND one of the Gulpin are huge and godzilla-like. And no, these are not TR decoy's, they're the deal, as the clip demonstrates it growing.

An interesting fact, according to Palette, in the short teaser summary they have for the ep with Grovyle and Exploud...
At the beginning, Ash is somehow walking in the woods, and his Treecko is STILL in it's huge state (in it's Pokeball, of course). Then they meet some Loudred trainer (yes, Loudred, not Exploud), who overhears Ash talk about problems with Treecko, and tells them he has problems with his Loudred as well. It appears to be rioting constantly, yet the trainer explains it's usually not like that...

Looks fun. Now for my Speculation:

-SPECULATION-

I think that there will be a cool cliffhanger with Ash's Treecko being huge. Yet somehow, the next ep starts with him in the woods. IMO he returned Treecko and ran. Also, I think it's rather safe to say that Treecko evolves, and I know there's no proof... but I mean c'mon. Treecko in an odd state, and all they meet is a Loudred trainer... and the title is EXPLOUD VS GROVYLE. If it doesn't evolve, then they'd have to meet another Grovyle trainer, to battle the Exploud/Loudred trainer. And what do Ash and his Treecko do? Sit and spectate and help again? So yeah, I think it evolves, and when it does, I think THAT's how it returns to it's normal state.
As for the Gulpin ep, I think Treecko and that one big Gulpin managed to drive the rest off, but I'm still wondering what they do with that huge Gulpin, especially since at the beginning of the next one, Ash is still in possesion of Treezilla, and he's back IN THE WOODS again. IMO Ash returns Treecko to it's ball and runs, while the scientist manages to forcefully catch or stop that huge Gulpin and keep it in the lab to study and find a cure to it's normal size... so perhaps, in the following ep, either Ash's Treecko evolves and he calls Shakuji with the news, and then Shakuji helps Gulpin evolve... or vice versa, with Shakuji's Gulpin evolving, and him contacting Ash about Treecko, and Treecko hears this and gets excited about returning to its normal size and evolving.

So that's my speculation... what do you think?

~Zak

I agree with you in the speculation, but I'm confused. What do you mean by big Pokémon? Are they big like in the episode where Pikachu was huge in the unown episode in Larvitar's mind, or just overly big, or what?

wayc, from what I've seen of the teaser video, Treeko and Gulpin both grow to a huge size, approximately 200-300 feet tall, given the relative size of the high-rise buildings around them. Probably, this will be Pokémon's chance to do a tribute to Godzilla (the original, not the recent remake), with lots of panicking citizens running everywhere as giant-sized Pokémon tackle each other into buildings, knocking them over like they were skittles.

I find it interesting that Ash is on his own when he meets Loudred's trainer. It is possible that the ensuing chaos in the giant Pokémon slugfest makes him recall Treeko and try and find somewhere to hide until there is no longer a War Crimes indictment in his name. :p

As a side point, this shows that, when stored in their Pokéballs, Pokémon have no mass. Giant-Treeko must weigh hundreds, if not thousands of tons, yet Ash can carry him on his belt.

BenRGAs a side point said:
thousands[/i] of tons, yet Ash can carry him on his belt.

Heh, well, that's true for this case, but sometimes they can have a hint of existance or mass when they're inside the Pokeball. Remember Muk, anyone? :p

~Zak

I really want to see this one! It sounds really weird, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like. Too bad whenever I want to see something a preternatural force makes sure I always miss it. (Even when I use the VCR.)

How certain are you that it's still huge? That's what's being said here and at SPP, but what the text at Palette actually seems to say is simply "yousu ga okashii", meaning "condition/appearance is strange". I believe this could also be interpreted as referring to aftereffects of a temporary growth.

Check the picture at Dogasu's site. They're towering in front of buildings.

Granted, it could be a dream sequence, or a model city, but it's probably most likely that it's just plain huge (and...evidently the twig grows with it)

Yes, I'm well aware that it becomes huge. What I question is whether it remains huge.

Occam's Razor... Sort of...

Murgatroyd said:
the text at Palette actually seems to say is simply "yousu ga okashii", meaning "condition/appearance is strange". I believe this could also be interpreted as referring to aftereffects of a temporary growth.
I will take your word for that, Murg, as I can't speek Japanese. However, invoking a new deformity or abnormality is simply adding an unneccessary layer of complexity to the situation. Unless there is explicit evidence that something else is happening (say, Treeko occasionally flourescing or something like that), it is more logical just to assume that he has stayed very big.

Since nobody else has updated this info, *cough*Murg*cough*.... :p

After having seen the Gulpin episode, I can confirm that Gulpin stayed big at the end of the episode, but Treecko did not.

Geodude said:
Since nobody else has updated this info, *cough*Murg*cough*.... :p

After having seen the Gulpin episode, I can confirm that Gulpin stayed big at the end of the episode, but Treecko did not.

Of course I missed it. I'll have to catch it again next time. Was it a good episode? :)

Yeah, I liked it. Pretty much a filler, but Professor Shiranui (sp?) was cool, and it set the stage for the next episode by putting the focus on Treecko.

No. His name was Sakuji (in the most recent episode, not the gyarados one), at least according to Serebii.net.

*checks the synopsis* Right, Prof. Shakuji. I knew that. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom