• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG134: Mt. Otsukimi! With Py, Pippi and Pixy!

BYE BYE KASUMI! I WILL MISS YOU! :(!!

I like the new intro title thingy thing :D

...*watches the run-off-the-cliff scene again* I loved the expresions XD

XD yep. I loved that classic cartoon-style scene. Just like in the old Warner Bros. cartoons, they didn't fall until they realized there was nothing under them. :-D

I've just seen the episode, it actually wasn't that bad for a filler. Misty and Max get in some bonding time - both have older sisters. The screenshots are somewhat misleading, Misty says goodbye to everyone individually. Is it just me or are they getting CGI happy. Azuril's bubble attack looked pretty cool, as did refresh. All in all, it really wasn't too bad for a filler with such boring pokemon.

Agreed with you Sabonea. I saw the episode this morning and it wasn't all that bad. I liked the bonding part with Masato and Kasumi, they can really get along well since both have big sisters.

And it's proven again that Azurill is not going to be a Togepi clone. It has done more in 2 episodes than anything Togepi did in 4 years. Anyway, was that Bubble or Bubblebeam? In any case, the cg looked pretty cool. *nods*

The minute I get a glimmer of hope and start to smile, I see the fantastic new title card. Then I start to laugh in delite, until I see Kasumi's absense from the cast on the title card. :( The episode was awesome though -- Kasumi bonding with Masato and giving him advice on being the youngest in the family, revisiting the old Py, Pippy, and Pixey family of Mt. Otsukimi from way back in episode 006, and even hearing the same song! Too bad Kasumi's incompotent sisters needed her back at the Hanada Gym. At least we got to see Kasumi again for a span of three episodes. I liked her PokéGear... Too bad we won't get to see her use it for a while. *Sigh* There's always hope for November 21's new region.

Edit: Still lovin' "New Team Rocket's" revamped image, motto, mechas, and all. And what's with the influx of CGI for about the last three weeks?! Not that I hate it, I love it! Just wonder why OLM Digital decided to throw a lot of CGI into the show all of a sudden.

So, Rumpappa is in Nibi City with Iwark and Crobat, and Eneko and Agehunt are back in Touka City. Who did Satoshi leave behind in order to bring Gomazoh? I'm betting it's Onigoalie. Let's not forget Luriri and Kasumi, and Haruka and the baby Zenigame. I was kind of hoping she would get a Waninoko, so she would have one starter of each region of each of the three types, but this is good enough.

Last edited:
Booooring.

Sorry, but it was. And Takeshi leaving the only pokemon of his that actually has a personality didn't help me enjoy this episode more.

Hey! No Poké-personality bashing!

Come on Adamant! I know that most of the Pokémon in the show are just fighting machines with no personality or even discernable individuality (especially those outside Ash's team). However, Ash still has some Pokémon with personality with him for Battle Frontier.

There is Pikachu of course, who has an enormous personality full of quirks, tics and preferences. Hell, I think that Pikachu is more realised as a character than most of the humans! :XD2:

Corphish is a little mischeivous, IIRC. It also tends to push itself too hard. It isn't much but even one dimension is better than nothing.

And you can't forget the personality king (or queen) of Houen - Grovyle. Its 'untamable loner/bad boy' personality was the most distinctive of any of the Houen Pokémon owned by any Trainer.

Spoiler Alert!!!

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

And it looks like Charizard is coming back! Probably the second best-characterised Pokémon after Pikachu, the 'Zard is a vulnerable tough guy who doesn't recognise himself having any limits. Nonetheless, the big guy has a heart of pure sugar and will probably be glad to be working with Ash again.

So: Ash's Team: Pikachu, Charizard, Phanpy, Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Spoiler Ends!!!

Okay, the animé may not be brilliant for character development. However, they at least try to give some aspect of personality to Ash's more well-used Pokémon.

Last edited:
BenRG said:
And it looks like Charizard is coming back! Probably the second best-characterised Pokémon after Pikachu, the 'Zard is a vulnerable tough guy who doesn't recognise himself having any limits. Nonetheless, the big guy has a heart of pure sugar and will probably be glad to be working with Ash again.
We don't know that. It could just be a rental pokemon. Also, it isn't really necissary to hide spoilers in a thread marked "(SPOILERS)" :p

I am very disappointed that Ludicolo's leaving. Granted, the picture of all Brock's brothers and sisters dancing with it was really cute, but he was probably my favorite out of all the Pokémon they had. (I know you love your family, Brock, but first Onix and Crobat, and now Ludicolo...why not keep at least one of your super-awesome-Pokémon-that-make-Pie-squeal-with-joy?) At least Mudkip's still sticking with him, and hopefully they'll give him some new ones soon to fill the widening emptiness in his party. I've still got my fingers crossed for him getting a Bonsly at some point. I love the little thing, and it'd be perfect for him.

Am I the only one who's wondering what all the fairy Pokémon were dancing around? Way back when they first did the routine, they were dancing around the core of the Moon Stone, weren't they? And that blew up, didn't it? So, did they just find another boulder to dance around for tradition's sake? I dunno, the scene altogether seemed a bit out of place to me, like they mostly stuck it in to delight the fans.

I was surprised that after the goodbyes there was no waving. No, they just walked in opposite directions, and no one even looked over their shoulder at Misty. Anyone else find it odd, considering how close of a friend Misty is? Anyway, I'm not surprised Misty left again. Although I would've liked it if she stayed, since I like the baby Pokémon and Azurill is a particular favorite of mine.

The Clefairy collected all the little pieces of Moon Stone at the end of ep 6 and piled them back inside their cave. ...God only knows how... I suppose the Clefable must have done it.

BenRG said:
Come on Adamant! I know that most of the Pokémon in the show are just fighting machines with no personality or even discernable individuality (especially those outside Ash's team). However, Ash still has some Pokémon with personality with him for Battle Frontier.

-words-

Okay, the animé may not be brilliant for character development. However, they at least try to give some aspect of personality to Ash's more well-used Pokémon.

Yeah, that's nice and all, but Takeshi is Brock, not Ash.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom