• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: AG135: First Battle! Battle Factory! (Part One)

GoldChaos

Registered User
Joined
May 20, 2003
Messages
326
Reaction score
4
Well, there's more info on the Japanese Pokemon site. Found here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/index.html

旅の途中、夜空を飛ぶフリーザーを目にする。やっと、バトルフロンティアに到着し、そこでバトルファクトリーのダツラと出会う。彼と対戦することになったサトシはリザードンで挑む。がんばれサトシ! がんばれリザードン!

From Excite's translation I see that the gang will see Articuno on their way to the Battle Factory. And that the battle against Noland will involve a Charizard. Not sure who has the Charizard.
 

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
6,038
Reaction score
3
Hmm...Could that Articuno later turn up in the Battle Pyramid?

And it has also been noted on the forums recently that Ash needs a strong fire type...
 
U

Unregistered

Guest
It better be Ash's. I would hate to see Ash battle with a rental Charizard, that's just pathetic.

Seeing Charizard Vs. Articuno would make sense too.
 

Alfonso

Valuan Admiral
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
286
Reaction score
6
Unregistered said:
It better be Ash's. I would hate to see Ash battle with a rental Charizard, that's just pathetic.

Seeing Charizard Vs. Articuno would make sense too.
Cybercubed. Register now or I'll kick your ass. >:O
 

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
Yeah Cybercubed, register, for me *flutters eyelash*

Boy, my lack of food has made me even more bizarre.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this episode till I see preview. Max looks funny in sole preview pic for episode on website
 

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
10,769
Reaction score
1,339
"On their journey, Freezer is seen flying through the night sky. Finally, the gang arrives at the Battle Frontier, where they meet Datsura of the Battle Factory. It is decided that Satoshi will challenge him to a battle with Lizardon. Good luck, Satoshi! Good luck, Lizardon!"

The part of the summary that says Rizaadon de leads me to believe that Satoshi will be the one commanding Lizardon, meaning that one of his most powerful pokemon may be making a return.
 

MondoTR

New Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
2,970
Reaction score
32
Dogasu said:
The part of the summary that says Rizaadon de leads me to believe that Satoshi will be the one commanding Lizardon, meaning that one of his most powerful pokemon may be making a return.
If that's true than that will be great.
 

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
13,514
Reaction score
10
Awesome! It will be great to see good old Charizard back in action. *nods*
 

Alfonso

Valuan Admiral
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
286
Reaction score
6
Dogasu said:
"On their journey, Freezer is seen flying through the night sky. Finally, the gang arrives at the Battle Frontier, where they meet Datsura of the Battle Factory. It is decided that Satoshi will challenge him to a battle with Lizardon. Good luck, Satoshi! Good luck, Lizardon!"

The part of the summary that says Rizaadon de leads me to believe that Satoshi will be the one commanding Lizardon, meaning that one of his most powerful pokemon may be making a return.
...wtf.

None of that hints towards Datsura having an Articuno at ALL. Just that one flies overhead. >_>
 

GoldChaos

Registered User
Joined
May 20, 2003
Messages
326
Reaction score
4
Well this Pokeani post may have a clue or not whether there will be a battle against Articuno...

Pokeani Forums said:
カメックスファンさん別冊コロコロコミックに載ってますよ!
リザードンがオーバーヒートとか使ってましたし、フリーザーに勝つなんてサトシすごすぎだった。
 

FireEmblemPride

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
510
Reaction score
12
I hope it's Ash's Charizard, because the writers may be coming up with a theme here. Ash's 6th slot may be for Pokemon at Oak's or Pokemon that previously left (Squirtle, Charizard).
 

MondoTR

New Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
2,970
Reaction score
32
Ash wouldn't get Squirtle cause May has one with her.
 

Sabonea

I'm a Mathemagician!
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
GoldChaos said:
Well this Pokeani post may have a clue or not whether there will be a battle against Articuno...
From the quote it seems that Charizard tries to use Overheat on Articuno but is overpowered. Can anyone who's Japanese doesn't suck confirm this? If I'm correct we could indeed be seeing the return of charizard, making this one of Ash's strongest teams ever.
 

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
5,226
Reaction score
42
... Considering the rules of the Battle Factory, this isn't necessarily Ash's Charizard.
 

Osiris

Kenji's Fan Club Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
I'm sure the rivalvary between Charizard and Grovyl will be something like the thing Charizard had with Scyther
 

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
13,514
Reaction score
10
MistyIRC said:
... Considering the rules of the Battle Factory, this isn't necessarily Ash's Charizard.
Ah, but you have to remember the anime doesn't follow the games rules completely. They changed the way the contests are held and they might as well change the way Battle Factory works.

Anyway, who started the rumour about Charizard vs Articuno? oO; I'm pretty sure Dogasu and Gold Chaos only said it is seen flying.
 

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
5,226
Reaction score
42
Yes, it could definitely be Ash's - but if you people start making all these assumptions and it ends up not being Ash's Charizard for whatever reason, I'm just going to laugh. :p
 

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
13,514
Reaction score
10
Wouldn't it be weird if he fights with a Charizard that is not his? o_O; Although knowing the scriptwritters... ^^;
 

Alfonso

Valuan Admiral
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
286
Reaction score
6
Osiris said:
I'm sure the rivalvary between Charizard and Grovyl will be something like the thing Charizard had with Scyther
You mean the thing that existed for one episode and was then never brought up again?
 
Top