• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG135: First Battle! Battle Factory! (Part One)

GoldChaos

Reaction score
Well, there's more info on the Japanese Pokemon site. Found here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/index.html

旅の途中、夜空を飛ぶフリーザーを目にする。やっと、バトルフロンティアに到着し、そこでバトルファクトリーのダツラと出会う。彼と対戦することになったサトシはリザードンで挑む。がんばれサトシ! がんばれリザードン!

From Excite's translation I see that the gang will see Articuno on their way to the Battle Factory. And that the battle against Noland will involve a Charizard. Not sure who has the Charizard.

Hmm...Could that Articuno later turn up in the Battle Pyramid?

And it has also been noted on the forums recently that Ash needs a strong fire type...

It better be Ash's. I would hate to see Ash battle with a rental Charizard, that's just pathetic.

Seeing Charizard Vs. Articuno would make sense too.

Unregistered said:
It better be Ash's. I would hate to see Ash battle with a rental Charizard, that's just pathetic.

Seeing Charizard Vs. Articuno would make sense too.

Cybercubed. Register now or I'll kick your ass. >:O

Yeah Cybercubed, register, for me *flutters eyelash*

Boy, my lack of food has made me even more bizarre.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this episode till I see preview. Max looks funny in sole preview pic for episode on website

"On their journey, Freezer is seen flying through the night sky. Finally, the gang arrives at the Battle Frontier, where they meet Datsura of the Battle Factory. It is decided that Satoshi will challenge him to a battle with Lizardon. Good luck, Satoshi! Good luck, Lizardon!"

The part of the summary that says Rizaadon de leads me to believe that Satoshi will be the one commanding Lizardon, meaning that one of his most powerful pokemon may be making a return.

Dogasu said:
The part of the summary that says Rizaadon de leads me to believe that Satoshi will be the one commanding Lizardon, meaning that one of his most powerful pokemon may be making a return.
If that's true than that will be great.

Dogasu said:
"On their journey, Freezer is seen flying through the night sky. Finally, the gang arrives at the Battle Frontier, where they meet Datsura of the Battle Factory. It is decided that Satoshi will challenge him to a battle with Lizardon. Good luck, Satoshi! Good luck, Lizardon!"

...wtf.

None of that hints towards Datsura having an Articuno at ALL. Just that one flies overhead. >_>

Well this Pokeani post may have a clue or not whether there will be a battle against Articuno...

Pokeani Forums said:
カメックスファンさん別冊コロコロコミックに載ってますよ!
リザードンがオーバーヒートとか使ってましたし、フリーザーに勝つなんてサトシすごすぎだった。

I hope it's Ash's Charizard, because the writers may be coming up with a theme here. Ash's 6th slot may be for Pokemon at Oak's or Pokemon that previously left (Squirtle, Charizard).

GoldChaos said:
Well this Pokeani post may have a clue or not whether there will be a battle against Articuno...

From the quote it seems that Charizard tries to use Overheat on Articuno but is overpowered. Can anyone who's Japanese doesn't suck confirm this? If I'm correct we could indeed be seeing the return of charizard, making this one of Ash's strongest teams ever.

I'm sure the rivalvary between Charizard and Grovyl will be something like the thing Charizard had with Scyther

MistyIRC said:
... Considering the rules of the Battle Factory, this isn't necessarily Ash's Charizard.

Ah, but you have to remember the anime doesn't follow the games rules completely. They changed the way the contests are held and they might as well change the way Battle Factory works.

Anyway, who started the rumour about Charizard vs Articuno? oO; I'm pretty sure Dogasu and Gold Chaos only said it is seen flying.

Osiris said:
I'm sure the rivalvary between Charizard and Grovyl will be something like the thing Charizard had with Scyther

You mean the thing that existed for one episode and was then never brought up again?

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom