• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG139: Rival Confrontation! Get Windie!

V Faction said:
Right, it makes sense. But... how does that translated into a good sounding name?

It doesn't, but then again, I don't think "Arcanine" is that great a name either.

Arcanine beats Windie, anyday. Seriously, that name SUCKS.

I was kinda sorta hoping Drew would catch it, too... oh well, maybe it's for the best that no-one did. At least I won't have to read another person whingeing on SPPF on how Arcanine is a travesty to the noble anime and they will stop watching the show, burn all their Pokemon merchandise and send letter bombs to Japan if a main character catches one.

I like Arcanine better. The first time I saw Battle of the Badge in japanese I thought Windie was the nickname Shigeru gave his arcanine, it didn't sound like a pokemon name ^^

I thought this piode was kind of dissapointing. I actully liked the last two filler episodes more. I didn't think Haruka and Shuu got to interact enough,their battle was too short, most of Team Rocket's scenes were a waste of time, and no one getting to catch Windie was dissapointing. The only parts I really liked were Gonbe eating the berrys and Haruka and Shuu teaming up at the end to beat TR.

This was an alright episode, but I also thought the previous two were better. I was dissappointed but not surprised that Kojirou made no mention of Guard-chan as they were stealing the Windie and its pups. Seeing Kojirou-tachi's boss from the Houen league was certainly surprising though.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom