• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG139: Rival Confrontation! Get Windie!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 139: "A Rival Confrontation! I Get a Windie!"
Airdate: August 18th, 2005

0818.jpg

From the TV-Tokyo site:

As Satoshi and his friends are traveling through a forest, a gluttonous Haruka stops by a Cake Shop. There, the legendary pokemon Windie runs by our heroes! Haruka begins to chase after the pokemon, and in the process she encounters her rival, Shuu! Shuu is trying to capture the pokemon for himself, but Windie manages to use its incredible speed to escape. The competition to see which one of the two Coordinators can find Windie first has begun!

Hrm. Something just occured to me. If May caught Arcanine, why did the Battle Frontier opening not show it even though it showed with Brock having a Bonsly and Team Rocket having a Manene (they haven't said its English name yet, right?) when neither of those have been captured yet?

Is Arcanine something that needed to be kept secret, while Bonsly and Manene had to appear to advertise the fourth generation? Or will Arcanine perhaps not be staying long enough to be shown in the opening? Or am I analyzing this too much?

You're probably just analyzing too much. The first intro for AG didn't show Jessie with Dustox, or Ash with Corphish.

It will be interesting to watch this episode. Arcanine has been shown quite a few times throughout the series for a non-party member, but I've never given it much thought.

I wonder what the Gio fantasy was this week. Perhaps something involving him riding Arcanine around like a horse.

It has been noted that Dustox appears in this episode, ending 4 months of absence...

Yeah, and the third AG intro didn't have Ash's Snorunt either. Maybe the animators felt that they shouldn't spoil Haruka and (maybe?) Ash's captures like they did with the others. And since this new intro sequence is going to be updated as Ash meets new Frontier brains it's possible that they will aslo update the intro with new pokemon.

But, uh, that doesn't really explain why Arcanine wouldn't be shown if two Pokémon that have still yet to be captured were... granted, those are fourth-generation Pokémon and Arcanine's not, but...

*sigh* Oh, forget it.

At least it's not a baby, but does she really need two strong Fire-types?

May didn't catch Arcanine, Drew did. PokeAni's episode guide for AG 138 confirmed that like 10 hours ago, I was going to post it, but was forced off the computer :-(

~Zak

Does anyone know who narrated the episode's title screen? Because judging by the Japanese, it seems like Haruka would be the one to say it.

Judging by the Serebii scans, it doesn't look like anyone gets it. Arcanine just stays happy with its puppies.
Flygon beats Squirtle in a battle, though.

Fizz said:
I wonder what the Gio fantasy was this week. Perhaps something involving him riding Arcanine around like a horse.
au8v8h.jpg

au8va1.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom