• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG141: Nyula and Barrierd! Whose Restaurant!?

I'm disappointed that we have fillers showcasing old Pokemon again. I thought they'd finally take this free time to give us a Team Rocket arc.

Then one must ask what is the point of keeping Giovanni around season after season if they never do anything with him?

A huge Team Rocket arc is long overdue. I can't believe we're 400 episodes into the series and Ash has still yet to have a major confrontation with Giovanni. (Besides the skirmish in Mewtwo Returns)

Perhaps they're saving it up for the last season of the show? It's the juiciest potential 'endgame' plotline they've got right now - not to mention that if Ash disbands TR now, they'll have to get rid of JJ&M.

Jo-Jo said:
Perhaps they're saving it up for the last season of the show? It's the juiciest potential 'endgame' plotline they've got right now - not to mention that if Ash disbands TR now, they'll have to get rid of JJ&M.

After seeing how they ended the Magma/Aqua plotline, I'm really worried for the Team Rocket one.

Magma/Aqua was concluded in a poorly animated 2 parter, hardly worth the hype throughout early/middle Hoenn.

The Team Rocket conclusion better be good, Giovanni should be shown as a towering giant now willing to go down without a fight.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but "willing to go down without a fight" does not sound like an interesting plotline.

* Gonbe escapes from its Pokéball and goes for the food by itself, again. [This is a plot device for getting them to the Barrierd (Toran's) Restaurant.]
* Nyarth scares a human by speaking, again.
* Nyarth is highly insulted by Nyula.
* Musashi thinks about getting Nyula...
* Barrierd cooks by using nenriki (that's Confusion, but of course, I'm betting they're going to translate it as Psychic in the dub) and puts on a great show...
* Nyula serves extremely plain-looking food that doesn't look the least bit appetising...
* Nyula pulls a prank on Nyarth by serving plain ultra-spicy food; meanwhile Musashi and Kojirō exclaim it's tasty... Finally Nyarth steals something off Musashi's plate and discovers the trick.
* Barrierd produces a spectacularly presented meal... that tastes quite plain, or even terrible...

Probability that they will team up: ... hmm, my calculator gives me an error, something about Arithmetic Overflow...

Last edited:
Magma/Aqua was concluded in a poorly animated 2 parter, hardly worth the hype throughout early/middle Hoenn.

Actually, only the second episode of the two parter was badly animated. The first one was animated excellently, but everyone overlooks that for some odd reason.

I don't get why people complain about Hoenn not being like Kanto, and Kanto having all the great plots, yet if they do have a plot similar to that of a Kanto epi, people automatically bash the writers for re-using ideas.

Besides, I don't think this is much like the dark city one.

Right?

--Fushi-- :001:

This episode had many quirks to it imo...alot of detailed scenes. This ep looked like a Pokemon version of Iron Chef, considering that's exactly what Mr. Mine and Sneasel were doing, battling with food preperation techniques. I found it to be enjoyable, even though I would have chosen a better BGM than Pokemon Hara Hara Relay for the battle.

Go, Go... Pichu?!

Yeah, that was kinda out of place. :p

I've never seen Iron Chef and really have no idea what it's about other than what's been said about 'cooking battles' (An entire series made out of this?).

But I thought this ep was pretty funny in a number of places. Aside from the idiotic fact that Mr Mime and Sneasel were placed in an ep together with no indication whatsoever of their Gen 4 siblings it was quite a good episode.

I'm also now 100% confirmed in the fact that TR changed it's motto permanantly for the New Team Rocket since visiting HQ. I seriously cannot wait for the dubbers to get to this, I wanna see if it'll be a brand new motto or just the old one with Meowth's extra lines.

I was a very entertaining filler despite all the things that have been said about showing pokémon who have DP evo/preevos and are/were of someone in the series. The cooking performance battle was pretty cool and I loved Meowth and Sneasel's interaction througout the episode.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom