• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: AG147: Enter Manene! Mansion of Rest!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
I keep seeing Kojiro's name being brought up on Pokeani, so it's probably a safe bet to say that he's the one getting Manene.

Ugh, now I'm hoping that Sabonea will eventually evolve just so he won't be stuck with all cutesy, novelty Pokémon. Don't get me wrong, I love Sabonea and I really love Chirean, but Manene... bleh.

Apparently the animation in this episode looks stellar, too.

Tothenines

Reaction score
I wonder if Ash will make reference that James Manene evolves into one of the Pokemon his mother has.

At least the writers had enough sense to have Ash reference his Bulbasaur and Squirtle when May got her Bulba and Squirtle. And even May's Munchlax and Ash's Snorlax had a little friendship meeting.

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
And just after I predicted Jessie getting it...

Well Pokeani said that Sabrina would be in this weeks episode too, so I won't take this as 100% until I see the preview.

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Well, now each TR member has 3 Pokemon. This is the most that Team Rocket has ever collectively had, correct?

Tothenines

Reaction score
Uh, just saw the preview, Manene belongs to an old man. James must have been mentioned because he's upset that his Chimecho is sick.

Doesn't look like Manene joins TR at all.

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Kojiro narrates the preview, which is... new. But, my heart is breaking over Chirean. Sad, sad...

Ah! TV Tokyo's episode summary has this very important line: "The castle was Kojiro's house." Perhaps his parents moved away? No Rumika, then, I'm sure... Maybe the old people are his grandparents...

But, I am happy this will be a TR episode, and I am happy it seems to be about my favorite Pokémon (Chirean, not Manene) to boot.

Even though it appears that Manene belongs to the old man, remember that Pokémon Sunday said that TR would be getting one in this episide.

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder how much continiuity will be broken by this episode.

The synopsis suggests some drama. We'll see.

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Zhen, could you translate that whole summary, please?

Scott, I doubt it. They're both in the opening and ending, and considering how much Kojiro loves Chirean, especially in that preview...

FabuVinny

Reaction score
Poor Chimecho!

It looks like James will get Manene because of how much he cares about his Chimecho. God forbid, Team Rocket would actually steal it!

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
Vinny, the chances of TR getting a Pokemon on their own, the normal way, are going to happen on the show as soon as we find out what the hell happened to Ash's father. Which is probably (hopefully) never.

Blackjack Gabbiani

A black and white world
Reaction score
Jesse caught Lickitung and Wurmple the regular way. And kind of Shellder (even though she cut in line for it). And James caught Weepinbell the regular way.

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Jesse caught Lickitung and Wurmple the regular way. And kind of Shellder (even though she cut in line for it). And James caught Weepinbell the regular way.
The twerps weren't present to thwart them, however. God forbid the heroes of the show let the villains catch a break...

U

Unregistered

nekusagi-chan said:
The twerps weren't present to thwart them, however. God forbid the heroes of the show let the villains catch a break...
Ash and co. don't have to be there when James gets Manene.

Judging from the preview, it seems like mostly a TR centered episode, with the twerps barely in it.

The Dude

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Huzzah! A TR centered episode! With focus on Chimecho! This is awesome. I like TR more than the twerps, because they are at least bearable. And they have Wobby.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Here's my (rough) translation of the TV-Tokyo synopsis:

Satoshi and the gang are getting closer and closer to their next target, the Battle Arena. However, along the way, Gonbe's health becomes bad, and it loses its appetite! After Satoshi-tachi are helped out by a servant from a certain castle, the Rocket-Dan make an explosive entrance at this castle, which used to be Kojirou's house! Why is Kojirou so unwilling to battle with Satoshi?

FabuVinny

Reaction score
Both Chimecho and Munchlax are ill? This episode keeps getting more interesting!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Hm, could the servent be the butler?

spokethewind

o.O Sketto?
Reaction score
hahahah oh I love Hopkins. That would be nice. But does it explain the old people? Are they the ones who are in the castle???

U

Unregistered

How exciting! I hope it's the same butler too. I should hope Growlie also makes an appearance...