• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG147: Enter Manene! Mansion of Rest!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
I keep seeing Kojiro's name being brought up on Pokeani, so it's probably a safe bet to say that he's the one getting Manene.

Ugh, now I'm hoping that Sabonea will eventually evolve just so he won't be stuck with all cutesy, novelty Pokémon. Don't get me wrong, I love Sabonea and I really love Chirean, but Manene... bleh.

Apparently the animation in this episode looks stellar, too.

I wonder if Ash will make reference that James Manene evolves into one of the Pokemon his mother has.

At least the writers had enough sense to have Ash reference his Bulbasaur and Squirtle when May got her Bulba and Squirtle. And even May's Munchlax and Ash's Snorlax had a little friendship meeting.

And just after I predicted Jessie getting it...

Well Pokeani said that Sabrina would be in this weeks episode too, so I won't take this as 100% until I see the preview.

Well, now each TR member has 3 Pokemon. This is the most that Team Rocket has ever collectively had, correct?

Uh, just saw the preview, Manene belongs to an old man. James must have been mentioned because he's upset that his Chimecho is sick.

Doesn't look like Manene joins TR at all.

Kojiro narrates the preview, which is... new. But, my heart is breaking over Chirean. Sad, sad...

Ah! TV Tokyo's episode summary has this very important line: "The castle was Kojiro's house." Perhaps his parents moved away? No Rumika, then, I'm sure... Maybe the old people are his grandparents...

But, I am happy this will be a TR episode, and I am happy it seems to be about my favorite Pokémon (Chirean, not Manene) to boot.

Even though it appears that Manene belongs to the old man, remember that Pokémon Sunday said that TR would be getting one in this episide.

Hmm, I wonder how much continiuity will be broken by this episode.

The synopsis suggests some drama. We'll see.

Zhen, could you translate that whole summary, please?

Scott, I doubt it. They're both in the opening and ending, and considering how much Kojiro loves Chirean, especially in that preview...

Poor Chimecho!

It looks like James will get Manene because of how much he cares about his Chimecho. God forbid, Team Rocket would actually steal it!

Vinny, the chances of TR getting a Pokemon on their own, the normal way, are going to happen on the show as soon as we find out what the hell happened to Ash's father. Which is probably (hopefully) never.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Jesse caught Lickitung and Wurmple the regular way. And kind of Shellder (even though she cut in line for it). And James caught Weepinbell the regular way.
The twerps weren't present to thwart them, however. God forbid the heroes of the show let the villains catch a break...

nekusagi-chan said:
The twerps weren't present to thwart them, however. God forbid the heroes of the show let the villains catch a break...

Ash and co. don't have to be there when James gets Manene.

Judging from the preview, it seems like mostly a TR centered episode, with the twerps barely in it.

Huzzah! A TR centered episode! With focus on Chimecho! This is awesome. I like TR more than the twerps, because they are at least bearable. And they have Wobby.

Here's my (rough) translation of the TV-Tokyo synopsis:

Satoshi and the gang are getting closer and closer to their next target, the Battle Arena. However, along the way, Gonbe's health becomes bad, and it loses its appetite! After Satoshi-tachi are helped out by a servant from a certain castle, the Rocket-Dan make an explosive entrance at this castle, which used to be Kojirou's house! Why is Kojirou so unwilling to battle with Satoshi?

Both Chimecho and Munchlax are ill? This episode keeps getting more interesting!

Hm, could the servent be the butler?

hahahah oh I love Hopkins. That would be nice. But does it explain the old people? Are they the ones who are in the castle???

How exciting! I hope it's the same butler too. I should hope Growlie also makes an appearance...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom