• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: AG149: Battle Arena! Fighting Showdown!!

nYoo

Dark Mewtwo
Reaction score
Last edited:

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
I recognise the style and the manga-ka (Asada Miho, she also did the movie 8 Sho3 adaptation), but I too dismissed it...

U

Unregistered

Those aren't fake, those same comics were shown for the Arcanine episode with Drew and they were accurate.

Illidan

Yes We Can
Reaction score
It may be smarter to wait for the actual Episode, rather than judge by the scans. They may be accurate, they may not.

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
They probably are accurate, though.

Still, notice how Snorlax glows in the preview? What is it doing? It looks like Ash ordered it, but who knows? Maybe it will turn out that Munchlax isn't the only addition to the Snorlax line!

We also start with Grovyle vs. Hariyama. Dewford Gym part three, anyone?

Enshida is back, I see. (We can expect that for the rest of the Battle facilities.) But am I the only one who thinks that fire background looks really cheap?

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
No, no... I forbid a Snorlax evolution.

U

Unregistered

Lots of Pokemon glow when using a certain attack, there is nothing to suggest an evolution.

U

Unregistered

Good Ash will win this. I hope he uses either Squirtle or Bulbasaur in the next one, as the writers seem to be promoting Ash's Kanto Pokemon more than the others.

FabuVinny

Reaction score
There is nothing to suggest it...just don't rule it out. So what attack would Snorlax be using then?

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
FabuVinny said:
But am I the only one who thinks that fire background looks really cheap?
I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. I think it's live-action fire.

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
FabuVinny said:
Still, notice how Snorlax glows in the preview? What is it doing? It looks like Ash ordered it, but who knows?
Possibly it's learned a new attack since we saw it last, like Charizard did. So far, its known attacks are Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Ice Punch, and...um, I think those are the 3 major ones...anyway, none of those require its whole body to glow...so yeah, maybe an attack it hasn't used before.

Maybe it's getting ready to use Double-Edge?

FireEmblemPride

Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Snorlax here. Like said earlier, I hope Squirtle or even Bulbasaur get the spotlight next "gym." Who else does Ash have from Kanto or can easily call if the writers are indeed following this pattern? Tauros/Muk/Kingler?

FabuVinny

Reaction score
I'm sure Bayleef will be happy to visit Ash for a bit. And Ash's Squirtle hasn't met May's Squirtle yet.

So do we why Ash chose to use Snorlax yet?

Tothenines

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people are speculating that we'll see one of Ash's old Pokemon at each Battle Facility now.

I'm really hoping for Squirtle so it can meet May's Squirtle. I really liked it when Bulbasaur met Bulbasaur (seeing as how those two should breed :D ), and Snorlax meeting Munchlax was fun.

Now if only Ash's Squirtle could meet May's Squirtle. I'd like to see May's Squirtle practicing with the Squirtle Squad. That would be fun.

FabuVinny

Reaction score
Scott85 said:
I'm really hoping for Squirtle so it can meet May's Squirtle. I really liked it when Bulbasaur met Bulbasaur (seeing as how those two should breed :D )
That's one of the reasons I am hoping we get more housous. :p

Sunain

Inactive Account
Reaction score
Its about time that another battle took place, its been a few months since the last one. Looking forward to this episode! The last few episodes of AG have been quite original.

Jolllly

The Polish Frenchboy ;D
Reaction score
I want more Hosos just so we have a chance of seeing Todd again. XD *shot*

I wonder who, if anyone, Ash will lose against on the Frontier....here's hoping that it's Tucker. XD OMG THE FAIRY BEAT ME WAAAA :C

Can't wait to see Scott show up in the Tucker ep when it comes. XDDD