• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG149: Battle Arena! Fighting Showdown!!

Last edited:
I recognise the style and the manga-ka (Asada Miho, she also did the movie 8 Sho3 adaptation), but I too dismissed it...

Those aren't fake, those same comics were shown for the Arcanine episode with Drew and they were accurate.

It may be smarter to wait for the actual Episode, rather than judge by the scans. They may be accurate, they may not.

They probably are accurate, though.

Still, notice how Snorlax glows in the preview? What is it doing? It looks like Ash ordered it, but who knows? Maybe it will turn out that Munchlax isn't the only addition to the Snorlax line!

We also start with Grovyle vs. Hariyama. Dewford Gym part three, anyone?

Enshida is back, I see. (We can expect that for the rest of the Battle facilities.) But am I the only one who thinks that fire background looks really cheap?

Lots of Pokemon glow when using a certain attack, there is nothing to suggest an evolution.

Good Ash will win this. I hope he uses either Squirtle or Bulbasaur in the next one, as the writers seem to be promoting Ash's Kanto Pokemon more than the others.

There is nothing to suggest it...just don't rule it out. So what attack would Snorlax be using then?

FabuVinny said:
But am I the only one who thinks that fire background looks really cheap?

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. I think it's live-action fire.

FabuVinny said:
Still, notice how Snorlax glows in the preview? What is it doing? It looks like Ash ordered it, but who knows?
Possibly it's learned a new attack since we saw it last, like Charizard did. So far, its known attacks are Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Ice Punch, and...um, I think those are the 3 major ones...anyway, none of those require its whole body to glow...so yeah, maybe an attack it hasn't used before.

Maybe it's getting ready to use Double-Edge?

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Snorlax here. Like said earlier, I hope Squirtle or even Bulbasaur get the spotlight next "gym." Who else does Ash have from Kanto or can easily call if the writers are indeed following this pattern? Tauros/Muk/Kingler?

I'm sure Bayleef will be happy to visit Ash for a bit. And Ash's Squirtle hasn't met May's Squirtle yet.

So do we why Ash chose to use Snorlax yet?

Yeah, a lot of people are speculating that we'll see one of Ash's old Pokemon at each Battle Facility now.

I'm really hoping for Squirtle so it can meet May's Squirtle. I really liked it when Bulbasaur met Bulbasaur (seeing as how those two should breed :D ), and Snorlax meeting Munchlax was fun.

Now if only Ash's Squirtle could meet May's Squirtle. I'd like to see May's Squirtle practicing with the Squirtle Squad. That would be fun.

Scott85 said:
I'm really hoping for Squirtle so it can meet May's Squirtle. I really liked it when Bulbasaur met Bulbasaur (seeing as how those two should breed :D )
That's one of the reasons I am hoping we get more housous. :p

Its about time that another battle took place, its been a few months since the last one. Looking forward to this episode! The last few episodes of AG have been quite original.

I want more Hosos just so we have a chance of seeing Todd again. XD *shot*

I wonder who, if anyone, Ash will lose against on the Frontier....here's hoping that it's Tucker. XD OMG THE FAIRY BEAT ME WAAAA :C

Can't wait to see Scott show up in the Tucker ep when it comes. XDDD

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom