• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG150: Breeding House Practitioner and the Pokémon Egg!

Hmmm.... if the computer translation of the Pokeani duscussion of the episodes is accurate, two important things are of note in this episode, plotwise.

Pikachu has a new move: ボルテッカー Not sure what it is. It is borutekka or something like that. Volt Tackle maybe?
May got a Pokemon egg. Pokeani is saying it's an egg of an Eevee.

The ending credits also returned to Glory Days

What a disappointment. I was hopping Brock would get an egg. =/ Come on! He's supposed to be a breeder. Give the guy something to do with his life goal.

I wonder why do they go back to an old ending theme instead of making a new one...

I've looked at all the pokemon, and it could only be Pichu's egg. Elekid's egg is striped, it's even in the G/S/C manual for goodness sake. We really need some kind of guide to pokemon eggs if there is even one in existence. I'm kinda stumped on the pink egg with white stars, too. I'm going to guess Cleffa as well. o.o

Kasumi-san said:
What a disappointment. I was hopping Brock would get an egg. =/ Come on! He's supposed to be a breeder. Give the guy something to do with his life goal.

Even better, give him that Bonsly in the opening!

May with an Eevee... sounds good. I wonder if it will evolve, and if so into what. I wonder if D/P has a new Eevee evolution....

May with an Eevee... sounds good. I wonder if it will evolve, and if so into what. I wonder if D/P has a new Eevee evolution....

Off the top of my head - not Vaporeon or Flareon, that would be redundant. Problably not Umbreon, because the writers have trouble using Dark Pokemon. So if it does evolve, we'd problably be looking at Jolteon or Espeon. I say it's more likely to stay tiny and cute, though.

Lillian has as Espeon...

Jolteon would be the first electric Pokémon besides Pikachu on a main character's team. But my bet is on D/P evo or staying as it is.

Dogasu said:
YES!!!

Wonder if they updated it with everyone's new teams.

Hopefully, we gotta a huge change of Pokemon since it was last on. Maybe Phanphy in the lab scene will be replaced with Torkoal and Glalie! Hopefully it has all new animation!

Also, maybe their will be spoilers.

Am I the only one who wants to see Bonsly?

Jolteon would be the first electric Pokémon besides Pikachu on a main character's team. But my bet is on D/P evo or staying as it is.

Problably, yeah. It seems like a replacement for Skitty, more than anything.

May and Eevee huh?

I guess there's a good chance that Eevee has new evolutions in D/P, as I can't think of another reason why May would get an Eevee.

And heh, remember when Misty wanted to keep Eevee back in the Mikey episode? Looks like May usually gets all the stuff that Misty wanted, and without much effort either.

I wonder if the writers did that on purpose.

*groan*

Don't get me wrong, I love Eevee. But May already has a baby Pokémon...

And how many characters are going to get baby Pokémon from eggs before the one character who's actually a breeder does?!

And on the same note, how long are we going to have to wait before Bonsly shows up?

Arrrgh.

Kasumi-san said:
Well, that was what I was hoping for: the egg being Bonsly's. Meh, I should know by now that the writers always screw up good posibilities for giving Brock some character development.
:lx132:

It's like they threw that Bonsly in just to give us Brock fangirls a little hope to cling to, since he hasn't gotten a new Pokémon added to his team since Mudkip. And yet this is, what, the fifth new Pokémon May has gotten since then? Honestly, I'm beginning to resent her simply because of how much attention she gets, and how neglected Brock and Max are as a result...granted, Max isn't a character you can do as much with since he has no Pokémon and probably never will for a long, long time, but what about Brock?! Aaargh!

I'm just really frustrated by all this. Blame it on my fangirldom. *sigh*

^ That's because May is a major character with her own ongoing story arc, thus she gets almost as much screentime as Ash does since she co-stars the show with him.

Brock as a supporting character isn't as important as either of them.

Anyway...who said Bonsly is going to hatch from an egg?

Maybe Brock will just find it in the wild somewhere and capture it.

Nobody said that Bonsly is going to hatch from an egg. What I said is that it would be a good chance for the writers to add some character development for Brock if they gave him Bonsly's egg. He's a breeder, for God's sakes. Let him do something that is at least slightly related to his "pokémon career".

Oh, I have no problem with her story arc. But am I wrong in saying that maybe she's getting a little more attention she deserves, even considering that? It seems to me that she gets the most character-centric side episodes, the most Pokémon, and when you add all that together along with two recurring rivals, the most character development. Meanwhile, Brock hasn't gotten a new Pokémon since Mudkip, recently gave up his Ludicolo with nothing more than a flashback, and...well, besides the promise of a Bonsly, that's about it. There's even been episodes recently that deny him his moment of glory where he plays the comic relief and goes gaga for the girl.

I don't care how 'important' or not Brock is - my opinion still stands that they've pushed him way too much into the background to make room for more May. And as a fangirl of Brock's, I'm getting very frustrated by it. And I realize it's probably just jealousy or looking for a scapegoat, but May is a major factor in the cause of my frustration, and therefore I hope you can all understand why my opinion of her has been hurt.

By the way - no one said Bonsly will hatch from an egg. That's what we've all been hoping will happen, because it would just plain be suiting for a breeder to hatch a baby Pokémon from an egg. Period.

Brock has been pushed in the backround since Johto, it's only more noticeable now since there is a 4 character group instead of 3. :p

Yes, the writers definitely need to make more Brock episodes, not to mention make him battle more often.

But as for May it's been obvious since AG started that she'd get a lot of screentime since she's pretty much the second most important character of the series. Besides Ash, she's the only one with an ongoing season long story arc, thus she needs more Pokemon to do well in Contests.

I guess the writers feel that since Brock doesn't compete in anything, he doesn't need that many Pokemon.

I really hope they bring Suzie back, now THAT would be a great Brock centered episode. Brock could even see his old friend Vulpix again, but the writers seem to not want to bring back any old characters for some reason. :/

"GLORY DAY"!!! <3 There's got to be a ton of changes to it...

And Eievui for Haruka? Strange... I'm going to guess it'll have something to do with a new evolution (Grass-type seems obvious).

I found a pic from a Johto ep that pretty much confirms that the light and dark brown striped one is Sentret. From the ep "Extreme Pokemon" in the Johto series:

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/228/0073.JPG

However, I also saw two other eggs here that I cannot identify very well. The one that is white with red spots and the egg below it that has some sort of yellow pattern on it. I can only guess they are Voltorb and Staryu, respectively.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom