• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG150: Breeding House Practitioner and the Pokémon Egg!

Looks like we're on to BF OP animation variant #3 now:
attachment.php

And also... opening 8 screenshots now online at Bulbagarden Archives.

Yay Greta!

I agree with Pie. I don't really like that they passed up the chance to give Brock an egg. He's a Pokémon Breeder for God's sake! Instead they give an Eevee Egg to May. Apparently she's the center of all baby Pokémon. She's already got Munchlax and Squirtle. >_>;

Just because Bonsly is there in the opening doesn't mean Brock'll get it. He might, but it might belike Jiggly.

Munchlax appeared with Brock in the third Ag opening too yet May got that instead.

Kasumi-san said:
Manene appeared in the opening way before James got it. Bonsly appears with Brock in the opening so that means he's bound to catch it.

I know, that's what I based what I said off, but he might catch it, or it could be someone else or even the Jiggly.

BTW, the egg looks lke either Eevee or Zigzagoon.

Scott85 said:
Munchlax appeared with Brock in the third Ag opening too yet May got that instead.

That was just for humour, though. Here, Bonsly is with Mudkip/Marshtomp and Forretress, while May is with Squirtle, Combusken and Munchlax. It is displaying the Pokémon of each character, and Bonsly is in there.

Just looking at the screenshots...

AG150_013.jpeg

AG150_014.jpeg

New ship ahoy!

AG150_168.jpeg

AGH *dies of cute*

Not often you get a Pokemon anime character with that much facial detail.

Vulpix is 00ber cute. Always has been.

ag150egg.jpg

Eevee eh? I was thinking Zigzagoon too. Let's see what happens.

Some notes solely based on the pictures:

Looks like GORGEOUS animation in this episode.

May-centered, and thus full of ditzy craziness.

Munchlax has its first REAL battle.

Pikachu gets ANOTHER upgrade, this time the awesome Volt Tackle. I never imagined the anime could make it look so incredibly cool! After all Pikachu has been doing electrified tackles for a long time so I wondered if Volt Tackle was ever shown if it would just be a variation on that, but instead we get an attack that turns Pikachu into an electrified missile that can tear straight through a mech! :cool: :ksmile:

As cute as the baby Vulpix is I'm very disappointed that the anime didn't follow the info on Vulpix from the games. They're supposed to be born with a single white tail that later turns red and splits into six. But no, they had to take the easy way out and just have it start with six...

Other than that, it looks to be an awesome episode. :cool:

Now that I've watched the episode...

Hmm, could be either Zigzagoon or Eevee. I would expect a Zigzagoon egg to have more of the stripes and a more erratic pattern, but I would expect an Eevee egg to have more of a repeating teardrop shape than a zigzag. If I were to place a bet, I'd put it on Eevee based on the fact that Eevee is a rare, popular Pokémon, and Zigzagoon is common as dirt where May is from. I've got my fingers crossed for Zigzagoon, though, since I like them a lot, too, and it doesn't get nearly as much attention as Eevee does.

Volt Tackle was just plain cool.

Now, some one please tell me I just missed something, because I'm more frustrated now than ever. I did not hear it mentioned once that Brock is a Pokémon breeder, even though there was one point where they were discussing what everyone did (Ash in the Battle Frontier, May in contests). It wasn't even dropped as a side note or - or anything! It was bad enough that Brock had nothing to do with the plot in an episode with a breeding house, but the fact that he didn't mention whatsoever that he has a career interest in the things they do...

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go rip my hair out.

Mind you, I don't think that these are breeders. They don't seem to be in the business of making eggs, just hatching them.

...I suppose I can accept that explanation. Although doesn't that make the title a little misleading?

All right, what would be a more accurate translation, then? Use as much detail as you need to.

He/she/they-who-do-raising-as-a-business and (a/the) Pokémon egg(s).

I'm beginnig to suspect calling Brock a Pokemon breeder is due to a mistranslation. Really, over the years, he's acted more like a Pokemon Groomer and Nutritionalist than anything.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom