• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG150: Breeding House Practitioner and the Pokémon Egg!

There's a freaky argument going on at Serebii over the identity of the egg.
I'm angry about this, because it means she won't get a Dratini. If it does turn out to be an Eevee, my guess would be it would either never evolve, or evolve into Jolteon. Espeon is also a possibility. I still cling to the hope it might be a Zigzagoon.

And why would she get a Dratini?

Hmm...rather than Eevee or Zigzagoon, there is always the possibility of it being a D/P Pokémon. Isn't there supposed to be one turning up in the upcoming Ranger episode?

GoldChaos said:
Isn't moonlight basically reflected sunlight though?
Rough calculations place an upper bound on the brightness of moonlight at approximately five millionths the brightness of sunlight. It's not going to be a good source of power.

Well, you do have to remember that this is the Pokémon World and not our world. I wouldn't be surprised if that could work. After all, Lunatone is as strong as Solrock.

Infinite Sceptile said:
There's a freaky argument going on at Serebii over the identity of the egg.
Is there such a thing as a non-freaky argument at Serebii?

I know, but those games had Day and Night. Did that affect things at all?

Nope. It seems solar powered Pokemon can use moonlight, too. Since Moonlight is boosed by Sunny Day as well.

Zeta said:
Nope. It seems solar powered Pokemon can use moonlight, too. Since Moonlight is boosed by Sunny Day as well.
But remember that Sunny Day's JP name is "Clear Skies"(or, as Dogasu's site puts it, "Beautiful Weather") - implying that it simply makes the skies, well, clear. Which would allow for more moonlight OR sunlight to reach the Pokemon.

I think the "using Solarbeam during night-time" thing(in the anime, at least) was just another oversight by the ever-so-wonderful writers. :/

I was always under the impression that Solar Beam gathered particles of light to use as the attack, whether they came from the sun or not. Because the sun is what gives us the most light (via beams of it), it's called a Solar Beam.

I hope May's egg hatches fast, that way we won't have to deal with a Togepi clone.

Luckily all the Pokemon May cuddles/carries(Torchic, Skitty, Squirtle) all got put in Pokeballs, so whatever hatches from the egg will probably be put in a ball too.

I'd hate to see May's arms crossed in front of her chest in every single episode like Togepi did to Misty.

Holy crap,it just learned Focus Punch right then and there? Oo; I just thought he learned how to use it in the Manene episode since I haven't seen that one.Pretty strange.....

But the highlight of the episode is certainly Pikachu using Volt Tackle.Now *that* is a damn awsome attack and it'll definitely come in handy since it's more accurate than Thunder.Although,I have to say it's not something that Pikachu needed to learn.Something like Thunderwave might be more useful when paralyzing an opponent is crucial.Or maybe another physical attack wouldn't hurt.Brick Break,Dyanamicpunch anybody? XD Or for god's sakes,give it Flash already!

Nonetheless,Volt Tackle is still pretty cool...

Or for god's sakes,give it Flash already!

Giving Pikachu the power to create blinding flashes of seizure inducing light is problably not the best idea. :p

Can anyone tell me who did the voice of the little girl in this episode? She sounded VERY familier.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom